After BiG World BG2 wont acknowledge disc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -John-

-John-

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Baldur's Gate will not start up due to the fact that it will not acknowledge my BG2 disc 2 is in the disc drive. Help!

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Baldur's Gate will not start up due to the fact that it will not acknowledge my BG2 disc 2 is in the disc drive. Help!

Well, when you have done installing the game, you need to make sure that it works by starting it in the first place, and possibly configuring it properly.

Then when you install mods, make sure that you have no CD's in the drives... and when you want to start the game use the BGMain.exe, or the desktop icon made from it to start the game... and that's it.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

Sorry I wasn't detailed enough, it takes me to the screen where it asks whether I would like to play SoA or ToB and it successfully reads the ToB disc, but when I try to start the SoA it asks for me to place the BG2 disc 2 in the drive, when I place the disc image using Alcohol 52% it just refuses to respond. Pre-Big World mod this was not an issue. I'm wondering if one of the mods may be interfering, or maybe I didnt something wrong in installation process.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

or maybe I didnt something wrong in installation process.

It's likely that you didn't do a full install in the first place...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

What would I have to do if that is the case?

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

What would I have to do if that is the case?

Just to make sure ... open the baldur.ini file with Notepad and copy the whole text in the file, and put it to a post... but doesn't it seem obvious, reinstall. :devil:

But I can give you the workaround, with the info above.