Photo

BWP v13

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#241 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

Item-Rev is Mediafire (Item Revisions V3 Beta 1.1.rar) + Patch from BWP Fixpack.
At least that's what is has been for "ages" now.

Edited by dabus, 21 December 2013 - 08:29 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#242 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

Oh. Oddly, Dabus, when I hit the update on my BWS, the BWS began asking for v2 Item Rev, though, and trying to apply the v3 beta patch >_> Pretty sure if that's the case, then something's been buggered somewhere in the download links or whatever list the BWS updates.

Edited by Jenavee, 21 December 2013 - 10:14 AM.

Join us on the Baldur's Gate Discord @ https://discord.gg/Rp7Cu5k

c2oJYXg.gif

#243 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Ah, Ok Jastey changed the link on the Kerzenburg-forum, so that's the reason for v2...
Please don't blame her, she's maintaining links for some time but she's not into BWP mechanics that much and I had some WTF-moments until I realized what was going on. She's doing her best to get things done and it would be easier if people help out if there's something wrong. I myself am a bit feed up with the momojambo of new links and versions and translations and stuff so I stopped looking for it.

Guess the situation it wouldn't be so "put something here" if things wouldn't be so quirky/shady...

being release as a beta + a patch where the patch is in the fixpack
being released as beta because they are declared to be a bit unstable and should not regarded as such and stay with v2

I'll fix the link to mediafire beta nevertheless since the fixpack will probably render v2 useless.
Should be updated in a few minutes (update-package gets generated every full hour).

Edited by dabus, 21 December 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#244 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

The fix did break it, yeah. I noted that in yesterday's post one page back here in this thread with debugs. Good man though, making everything work nicely together again :new_thumbs: Wound up reverting to the oldest BWS v13 available from the download, heheh, just because the first two installs I'd done with it didn't screw up like all the others did after update. Once all the kinks get worked out, I'll start patching up BWS again. In the meantime, I really wish I could find some documentation on kit development: editing existing ones and then modifying them to work as separate kits is a pain in the tush.

Also, the problem I see with a real-time Fixpack would be people updating it to handle mod versions the BWS doesn't fully support and account for compatibility-wise, not to mention keeping a handle on all the links at once. Further, that'd make keeping a list of components to install a hassle, if things are getting constantly tweaked. I'd rather some way of choosing which version Fixpack to use, or not updating at all, because borking installs wastes hours or even a whole day+.

Edited by Jenavee, 21 December 2013 - 11:30 AM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#245 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

I agree that things are bothersome if you try to put a "puzzle" together and things are changing every now and then. ;)

Btw: If you like to have a selective update, try partial-url-update. Throw the file into the BWS-folder where you find the AutoIt3.exe. If you want to start it by double-click, use the vbs-file, otherwise drag the au3-file onto the AutoIt3.exe or open AutoIt3.exe and select the file from the file-selection-dialog.

Edited by dabus, 21 December 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#246 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

Ooohohoho, that looks pretty interesting! Not bad at all; now I don't have to worry so much that I'll be downloading versions I never intended to use, or that aren't fully compatible! Trying to get a tweaked Tactics version installed for the first time, you see, so trying to keep bugginess to a minimum since I'm too much of an idiot to even dream of an Expert install, tehehehe. Maybe someday I'll know enough to try, but for now, still learning.  :blush:

Oh, I did hear....I'm not sure from where, now, that you could remove Baldur's Gate once BWP was fully installed and biff'd and cleaned up, etc. This true? I could use the hard drive space: my data partition's only ninety seven gigs, with fourteen for Ice XP v3 and three for Ubuntu Live's swap partition. Me likey using both, hehe: Ice XP for DirectX-required gaming, since Mobile Intel 945 family is a hassle to manage in Ubuntu properly, and Ubuntu for anything else, and most especially when surfing unsafe sites or handling potentially dangerous files for scanning, debugging, and such. Not to mention Python's got a huge number of games built for it that run excellent in Ubuntu, though I've got it on Windows, too. Then of course there's always those few good games that only have *nix versions, heheh.

Edited by Jenavee, 21 December 2013 - 11:38 AM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#247 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Oh, I did hear....I'm not sure from where, now, that you could remove Baldur's Gate once BWP was fully installed and biff'd and cleaned up, etc. This true?

Yeah, the BGT only copies the files from the first game and leaves it at that... of course after uninstalling it, if you wish to then reinstall the BGT, you of course need to reinstall the BG1...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#248 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Oh! So once I've 'finally' gotten my selections installed, everything working, etc, run Gen-Biff and Clean-up, and all that good stuff, I can completely uninstall BG1+TotSC? That's awesome, good to know. I'll mebbe back it up to a uh, flash drive, then remove it from my system manually without touching the reg keys; then if I need the core files, I can always just put them back. Thanks, Impy! That'll be great, maybe now I can finally reinstall Mabinogi, FreeCol, FreeCiv, DDO, LotRO, and Raidy series: BWP install chews up almost half my data partition during installs. Stupid BWP! :new_bottom:

Edit: I have just discovered I have a burning hatred for SCS AI due to it's utterly horrendous and ridiculous install time. I waited SEVEN HOURS for it to finish installing the SCS components and it STILL didn't get there (though it did get part-way through Smarter AI #6000). Gave it up and went with BP AI instead with SCS Ease-of-Use Party AI (Hotkeys that auto-buff you and your party in a single round are awesome). I'd loved to have both, but it wouldn't let me combine BP Party AI + SCS Party AI together. :crying:

Edited by Jenavee, 21 December 2013 - 07:33 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#249 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Played through Baldur's Gate right to the end (though I didn't complete or, likely even start half the content I'd installed) without undocumented troubles save for the rare CtD for unknown reasons which I couldn't duplicate.

However...

...the start of BG2 SoA farked up somehow. I suspect it's due to Worgas who teleports in from Spellhold, that Imoen is bugged. If I teleport straight to Irenicus' dungeon from BG1 at the end via the Grand Dukes with BG1 Imoen in my party, she appears in SoA as the same NPC with full levels and classes, etc after Candlekeep Chores and Worgas teleport in. Here's where I suspect the problem with her probably lies, though I may be entirely wrong. This is just my unverified theory: a cutscene happens before anything else begins in SoA, where you see Worgas escape from Spellhold. I -believe- that port to Spellhold for his scene is what is causing Imoen's Romance to bug up and either A) try to apply Imoen's Romance to the BG1 version of Imoen (which is getting her stuck trying to dialogue you every round, and also breaks her Player-Initiated talk sequence by saying she's got nothing to say) OR B) applying Imoen's Romance in a way that gives you the post-Spellhold Imoen, assuming you didn't leave BG1 with Imoen in your party (whether this is related to the component that gives you the same NPC you had pre-kidnapping, I'm not sure) beginning at the romance talk which occurs directly afterward.

I'll toss some logs up here, but I'm pretty pissed right about now that I'm only running into a major issue this far in.

Attached Files

Edited by Jenavee, 01 January 2014 - 03:54 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#250 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

Hello everyone...belated happy holliday and new years to all of you..........anywho - I had a question. I decided to install my BGT game and I was wondering I seem to gotten myself into a pickle. I decided on the fly to try the learn through use mod. I had no idea that meant you cant start with -any- prof -at all-....I assumed due to ...what I read anyways you got extra ...well at any rate....is there a way to reset this...remove it or bypass it ? Maybe vi shadowkeeper or some other editer ? I would hate to have to do a total reinstall since this one alone took a hell of alot of retrys....for some reason I got stuck on the SCS mod install.....

#251 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:22 AM

Well, sure, you start with NO PROFS, but like for my BWS install, I set it to the following. The spread given increases their profiency to 1 or 2 almost immediately, and then it grows moderately to 3, and slow from 4 to 5. My playstyle usually sees them hit 3 - 4 stars in 2 - 4 weapon types by the time I get about halfway through the playthrough of Baldur's Gate, never mind SoA / ToB.

12 - 15 Strikes with a weapon = 1 proficiency

24 - 30 Strikes = 2

48 - 60 = 3

96 - 120= 4

192 - 240= 5

Edited by Jenavee, 05 January 2014 - 06:23 AM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#252 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:52 AM

I apologize if this post would be a necro.

Just a quick question, does "Learn Through Use" mod add weapon style proficiency (eg. dual-wield style) sometime or no?

Yes, I've read the readme. Umm... I don't really understand what he meant by "are dynamically allocated based on weapons equipped". Does that mean I have to use shadow keeper to get some weapon style profs?

Thanks! :)

#253 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:26 AM

Yes, I've read the readme. Umm... I don't really understand what he meant by "are dynamically allocated based on weapons equipped". Does that mean I have to use shadow keeper to get some weapon style profs?
No, it means that when your character hits with a weapon, the game automatically calculates (even without this mod installed) on how many times the character has hit with a kind of weapon, and this mod just uses those counts as base to give the proficiency bonus to the character, yep, you actually set the count values yourself.

And I don't think this has weapon style bonuses... as the game doesn't count those(or so would assume).

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.