Photo

TS, NEJ, BP and other acronyms :)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

I know total lazy cow, but just been through the BGEE such a great improvement can't wait for TOB EE. I want to start another BP install with my new character.

Can someone pleaseee remind me which version of NEJ and/or TS works with this BP 1.81 or maybe its neither. :(

xxx

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

Can someone pleaseee remind me which version of NEJ and/or TS works with this BP 1.81 or maybe its neither. :(

There's a BWP that compines them and others into a single compatibility, it has the BiG World Install tool and other tools that you should use ... as some of the code needs to be updated for each of the mods.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

There's a BWP that compines them and others into a single compatibility, it has the BiG World Install tool and other tools that you should use ... as some of the code needs to be updated for each of the mods.

Hey thanks for that 333 pages!!! [drops coffee], whats the quick answer does TS & NEJ work or is it complicated?

#4 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

From memory: you could easily have the latest versions of NeJ & TS to work together, but you'll have drop BP and add otherwise useless Baldurdash-Weidu.
A note: if you're haven't played large installations since BP was the mod "to bind them all" and only mentioned it because of this, then it's long since changed, so if you wanted BP only for compatibility issues you could easily drop it.

If you know what current BP is and want to have it as such, then you're better off using old TS-BP v.6.02. As for NeJ, it became real PitA in conjunction wth BP: I think the best you could do is study page 27-29 of that 333 page mammoth - it covers steps necessary to install BP compatible, outdated version of NeJ.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#5 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

From memory: you could easily have the latest versions of NeJ & TS to work together, but you'll have drop BP and add otherwise useless Baldurdash-Weidu.
A note: if you're haven't played large installations since BP was the mod "to bind them all" and only mentioned it because of this, then it's long since changed, so if you wanted BP only for compatibility issues you could easily drop it.

If you know what current BP is and want to have it as such, then you're better off using old TS-BP v.6.02. As for NeJ, it became real PitA in conjunction wth BP: I think the best you could do is study page 27-29 of that 333 page mammoth - it covers steps necessary to install BP compatible, outdated version of NeJ.

xxx