Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1201 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:54 PM

Yep NToTSC and SoBH are sufficiently safe :)

#1202 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:29 AM

I noticed this type for Game Over on Party Dead?

VlPZ95F.png

Is there a way I can help by editing the BitBucket directly instead of just reporting for someone else to fix?

#1203 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

BWS currently has only two options available for installing TB#Tweaks component 3600 WSPATCK for all; there should be 3 options.

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3600 // WSPATCK for all (Taimon) -> Everybody gets ApR from proficiency, only Warriors from level: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61 BWP Fix

is missing.

You mean, the good component? That's a shame.

Incidentally ALIEN or Leonardo or Dabus, I have a mod out that does the same thing as this TB#Tweaks component, specifically for the EE games. It's called "APR On Spec" and it is on Github here:
https://github.com/s...eleases/tag/1.5

Order-wise, it needs to be installed after any/all kits. It works with all mod kits.

EDIT - what is with these forums not being able to properly quote or edit posts from a smartphone browser?? So annoying!

Edited by subtledoctor, 13 May 2015 - 08:15 AM.

#1204 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

Thanks, fixed.

BWS currently has only two options available for installing TB#Tweaks component 3600 WSPATCK for all; there should be 3 options.

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3600 // WSPATCK for all (Taimon) -> Everybody gets ApR from proficiency, only Warriors from level: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61 BWP Fix
is missing.

Which version of BWS do you use? In the latest updates it definitely is.

Also, Item Randomizer component #510 // Randomly not randomise items needs an input for percentage chance that items are not randomized; currently BWS offers no input option.

Just yesterday added.

#1205 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

Thanks, fixed.

Quiet.  I noticed that you made this change on the EET branch and not the master branch.  How are we going to get these fixes for BGT BWS or have you stopped working on that and only do EET now?

#1206 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

Quiet.  I noticed that you made this change on the EET branch and not the master branch.  How are we going to get these fixes for BGT BWS or have you stopped working on that and only do EET now?
EET may sounds misleading, but it's not "exclusively for EET" actually, it includes all the functional for vanilla. I myself succesfully installed BW on vanilla recently via EET branch.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#1207 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:37 AM

Hello again.

I just noticed something strange.. there are many items missing from some merchants. For example: Robe of the Good Archmagi from Thalantyr, Mace +1 and sling +1 from Thunderhammer, Helm of Charm Protection from Feldepost (BG1UB) and some others I'm not remembering. I don't understand if this is caused by some mod because in the installation before the last one it didn't happen.

As far as you know, is there any mod that could have done this? Is it normal or do I have to worry? I wouldn't want to lose so many useful items.

Here are my debug and mod selection files. Thanks everybody, and thanks again for the fast bugfixes.

Attached Files

#1208 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

Thanks, fixed.

Because it contains various changes and can be unstable. When we feel that there is no more things to fix, we will release new BWS version. EET/other are for testing.

EET may sounds misleading, but it's not "exclusively for EET" actually, it includes all the functional for vanilla. I myself succesfully installed BW on vanilla recently via EET branch.

Indeed, except this branch can contains bugs which can break something.

Thanks for the reply.  The name of the branch is EET, but it's all-encompassing?  So I shouldn't be worried then?  Thanks.

#1209 wizardcorp

wizardcorp
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

Hello again.

I just noticed something strange.. there are many items missing from some merchants. For example: Robe of the Good Archmagi from Thalantyr, Mace +1 and sling +1 from Thunderhammer, Helm of Charm Protection from Feldepost (BG1UB) and some others I'm not remembering. I don't understand if this is caused by some mod because in the installation before the last one it didn't happen.

As far as you know, is there any mod that could have done this? Is it normal or do I have to worry? I wouldn't want to lose so many useful items.

Here are my debug and mod selection files. Thanks everybody, and thanks again for the fast bugfixes.

Looks like you have Item Randomiser installed - certain items from stores are included in the randomisation (certainly the robe and helmet are)

#1210 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:54 AM

Hello again.

Looks like you have Item Randomiser installed - certain items from stores are included in the randomisation (certainly the robe and helmet are)
Yes I have. Indeed it's been my first thought, but I checked the mod description and I understood that it affected only dropped items. Glad to learn that I was wrong, thanks ;-)

Edited by Blash2, 14 May 2015 - 04:55 AM.

#1211 xTnh3ChjJw

xTnh3ChjJw
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:27 AM

I've just ran through an install of the Recommended setting on Setup and despite Ascalons Questpack having an [EN] next to it. It installed in German. The translation is set to En so I'm unsure why it's done this. Have I done something wrong or is the mod downloading the wrong version? It seems to link to the german thread and download and I've tried to manually install it but it doesn't seem to have any sort of option for an English install. On the english textpack it looks to have a translation but I'm not sure how to apply that with the setup.

Are there any other mods that have the wrong translation set? There could be some other mistranslations such as Jarls BGT Adventure Pack or Ascalons Braegar but I haven't tested them out yet.

I don't have any sort of Weidu log because I've just rebooted the install.

Cheers,

#1212 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

Seems like he copied the translations / used autotra and reloads... Seems to work for me though, searched the override for dialogues and they are shown in English.
I get "Why do you address me that way?" in ACQ08000.DLG.
I'll ask him, seems to be around at the Kerzenburg if someone can give me a debug-file and maybe look into the tra-folder and check if English files are English...

And can you check if you used 2.00b_150205?

Edited by dabus, 14 May 2015 - 07:53 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#1213 xTnh3ChjJw

xTnh3ChjJw
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:17 AM

Just tested that version and it does give a translation option, is there any way I can add it to the Big World setup? Do I just replace it with the one that gets downloaded?

#1214 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

I've just ran through an install of the Recommended setting on Setup and despite Ascalons Questpack having an [EN] next to it. It installed in German. The translation is set to En so I'm unsure why it's done this. Have I done something wrong or is the mod downloading the wrong version? It seems to link to the german thread and download and I've tried to manually install it but it doesn't seem to have any sort of option for an English install. On the english textpack it looks to have a translation but I'm not sure how to apply that with the setup.

Are there any other mods that have the wrong translation set? There could be some other mistranslations such as Jarls BGT Adventure Pack or Ascalons Braegar but I haven't tested them out yet.

I don't have any sort of Weidu log because I've just rebooted the install.

Cheers,

Which version of BWS did you use? The one in the master branch or the latest snapshot in EET? I reported the same problem in the previous page of this thread but now the problem seems not to be affecting me anymore.. Could you tell me which German strings have you found? Ygnatius at the Friendly Arm Inn speaks English in my game, as well as the three adventurers party in Beregost and the NPC in Nashkel temple.

#1215 xTnh3ChjJw

xTnh3ChjJw
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:35 AM

I used bws_20150302.exe in the downloads, I didn't even notice the branch to which I'll have a look now. The only customised selection it had was 'Kreso's so I'm unsure how up to date that is. I'll check that one now.

Ygnatius spoke German as did Aiwell at High Hedge, I didn't do any more testing outside of that.

http://www.shsforums...king-into-game/

This thread seemed to list some of the same issues but my Thalantyr seemed fine at least.

I'm going to test a reinstall now and see if the issue is fixed on the master branch. If not, I'll take some screenshots.

edit: Yeah, it looks like I was just using the wrong version. Didn't see the branches. I'll play around with it a little more and come back if I find any other translation errors or general mistakes. Thanks for your help, Blash/Dabus

Edited by xTnh3ChjJw, 14 May 2015 - 09:16 AM.

#1216 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

Yes, that's exactly what happened to me with that version :-) It has some bugs. Use the latest and you'll be fine.

I'm writing also to report that the Red Fist Sabre longsword from the "Stone of Askavar" mod is bugged: the THAC0 bonus is not applied. I hope the 30% chances of stun at least works.. I had to buy it because Greywolf killed Prism without turning hostile toward me (even when I attacked him) and then just vanished. Quite frustrating.

Lol, I hope Item Randomizer did its dirty job and placed Varscona somewhere else..

Edited by Blash2, 14 May 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#1217 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

20150302 contains a link to Version 1.01, which had to be patched with BW Textpack to have an English version.
EET and Master point to 2.00b 150212 and has a built in translation, so Textpack does not contain it any more.
Thus the old download version will always fail to provide an English install.

So please don't use the old download. but
Master or EET, which is more current but is used for testing and may not be as stable as Master.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#1218 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:22 AM

20150302 contains a link to Version 1.01, which had to be patched with BW Textpack to have an English version.
EET and Master point to 2.00b 150212 and has a built in translation, so Textpack does not contain it any more.
Thus the old download version will always fail to provide an English install.

So please don't use the old download. but
Master or EET, which is more current but is used for testing and may not be as stable as Master.

I think 20150302 should be deleted to avoid future faulty installs.. it's not nice when you run a 10 hours install and discover that something has gone wrong (not my case luckily).

#1219 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

I think 20150302 should be deleted to avoid future faulty installs.. it's not nice when you run a 10 hours install and discover that something has gone wrong..
Nope... as that's like saying: Hey, we give up... yes, it might be that you get a one wrong thing, but it's still quite stable base to build things on.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1220 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

I think 20150302 should be deleted to avoid future faulty installs.. it's not nice when you run a 10 hours install and discover that something has gone wrong..
Nope... as that's like saying: Hey, we give up... yes, it might be that you get a one wrong thing, but it's still quite stable base to build things on.

Or maybe write an advice :-P

I modified the bugged Red Fist Sabre with Near Infinity correctly setting the proficiency, thus now gaining the THAC0 bonus. No idea though how to verify if 30% stun works, seems not.. item code is SOAITM29.ITM if anyone want to mess around with it.