Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1261 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:21 PM

I notice that d0tweak isn't a part of the big world setup. Is there a reason it's not there? There are some tweaks I really like from it. http://mods.pocketpl...weak_readme.htm

#1262 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

I noticed that the master branch is being updated on Bitbucket; are all the commits from EET being merged as well? What are the differences between the two branches now?
Thinking about starting my hopefully definitive game tonight, I need an answer please :-P

Now, EET branch is outdated/obsolete.

I don't mind theoretically that we email Leonardo and Leonardo updates the BWP fixpack. How well does this process work? How timely is it? What I like about Big World Setup is that it's least being worked on by multiple people and consistent changes are being made. Big World Fixpack is dependent on one person and is more likely to lead to delays.
Could we consider temporary fixes until it was included in the Big World Fixpack? It seems very disempowering otherwise.

Big World Fixpack can be updated/maintained by several people but only after Leonardo will accept contributions from the github lolarian fixpack forked repository. Without it, the only thing what people can do is to send patches via email.

There's a direct link to the Lester NPC at: ftp://eros.gram.pl/bg2/Lester_NPC_v0.8.zip
I couldn't download this from BWS despite multiple attempts but got it the first try using that link.  Can we use it directly?

It is the hosting provider problem, not BWS/wget problem. Ask author to change it.

I notice that d0tweak isn't a part of the big world setup. Is there a reason it's not there? There are some tweaks I really like from it. http://mods.pocketpl...weak_readme.htm

You mean this:[img=http://i.imgur.com/CX2re8C.png]

D0tweak in BWS is missing option for summons setting off traps and enemies as well.

#1263 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

It's this from the PDF:

Install Component [Summons/NPCs Set Off Traps]? [ N ]ot Install
19 1] Everyone can set off traps (excluding illusions, etc.)
20 2] Green and blue circles, and enemy summons can set off traps
21 2] Only green-circles and enemy summons can set off traps

This component can cause problems with the "Improved lIyich" component from the Tactics mod, because llych possibly runs over the traps without any action.

Since I stuck with the BWP for a long time, I just didn't add much that had no [ i ]nstall-instuction.
So if we add the conflict, we could add it.

And would you consider adding a post instead of quoting if nobody replied in the meantime or use the edit-button? Would make reading this thread a bit slicker.

Edited by dabus, 19 May 2015 - 11:25 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#1264 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:32 AM

"Baldur's Gate II: EE / Enhanced Edition Trilogy"
Select the folder where your "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition" and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition are installed.

Wait, but this means that Trilogy exist also for EE edition? That I can play BGEE and BG2EE as one game?? If yes, why BWS only asks to select the BG2EE folder and not the BGEE one? Should I install both games in one folder? O_O

Attached Images

• screenshot.png

Edited by Blash2, 19 May 2015 - 12:01 PM.

#1265 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:46 AM

It's this from the PDF:

This component can cause problems with the "Improved lIyich" component from the Tactics mod, because llych possibly runs over the traps without any action.

It will also caus problems with Rogue Rebalancing, mayhap other mods as well.

#1266 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

Wow, that's interesting, it could be a nice way around the random crashes I get with classic BGT..
But how can I play both games as one if BWS doesn't let me select the BGEE folder? Do we have to wait that green light to have a BGT EE available, so?

Well, BG2EE mod situation seems to be not so bad: http://forums.beamdo...ble-mod-list/p1

Edited by Blash2, 19 May 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#1267 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:55 AM

It's this from the PDF:

Since I stuck with the BWP for a long time, I just didn't add much that had no [ i ]nstall-instuction.
So if we add the conflict, we could add it.

And would you consider adding a post instead of quoting if nobody replied in the meantime or use the edit-button? Would make reading this thread a bit slicker.

The full text is:

Install Component [Summons/NPCs Set Off Traps]? [N]ot Install
This component can cause problems with the "Improved lIyich" component from the Tactics mod, because llych possibly
runs over the traps without any action.
This component is conceptually incompatible with the "Shadow Thief Improvements" component of Rogue Rebalancing
as it will inadvertently cause the Shadow Thief opponents to trigger their own traps. If you wish to use both of
these components at the same time then you must install "Summons/NPCs Set Off Traps" before "Shadow Thief Improvements"
so that the changes it introduces do not apply to the Shadow Thief Improvements areas.

20 and 21 won't cause any issues.  19 will only cause issues depending on install order.  This is really worth it as options imho.  One of the innovations in my local D&D games was to send disposable minions ahead of me in dungeons so that they would trigger the traps.  This is an obvious tactic that I'm glad someone else thought of as well.  So yes, please include:

There are several options not available in the BWS that should be too including:

Install Component 23 [BG1-Style Summoning Spells]

#1268 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:13 PM

Just in case I will say that the missing Ding0's Tweak Pack's components were added (although "NPCs/Summons Set Off Traps" will be automatically skipped by mod if it detects RR's "Shadow Thief Improvements"). Also has been removed Sandrah with Boo familiar connection and added the missing dependencies for Smiling Imp Cross Banter Mod.

#1269 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:39 PM

"But how can I play both games as one if BWS doesn't let me select the BGEE folder?"

I've answered this question via my previous reply. Please close attention  <_<

Sorry but I was a bit puzzled.. in the end the answer is "it is possible but at the moment BWS doesn't allow it"  :)

Anyhow, I read what K4thos wrote: EET will be officially released and at its top when adventure Y will be out. So, I'm giving BWS a break and wait for what will be a huge masterpiece  :)

#1270 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:29 PM

Sorry but I was a bit puzzled.. in the end the answer is "it is possible but at the moment BWS doesn't allow it"  :)
The option hasn't been added to the BWS's BG2EE as there's no way of knowing if the mods are compatible with anything(+ best order of install etc) as they require a bit more testing and tooning than a random person installing it ones, with one way while leaving the other 2 000 000 million choises not made. And of course the EET should first be officially released so it's not the mod that's updated every few nano seconds. So the version that is downloaded by the BWS is a norm for the mod, and not a three headed mutant of it.

Edited by The Imp, 24 May 2015 - 11:32 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1271 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:31 AM

The option hasn't been added to the BWS's BG2EE as there's no way of knowing if the mods are compatible with anything(+ best order of install etc) as they require a bit more testing and tooning than a random person installing it ones, with one way while leaving the other 2 000 000 million choises not made. And of course the EET should first be officially released so it's not the mod that's updated every few nano seconds. So the version that is downloaded by the BWS is a norm for the mod, and not a three headed mutant of it.

I would have thought that any mod that is compatible with BGT *AND* BG1EE and BG2EE would be compatible with EET, but surely it's not that simple. Let me know if I can contribute in any way to this wonderful project (despite not having modding capabilities), I would be glad.

#1272 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:37 AM

I would have thought that any mod that is compatible with BGT *AND* BG1EE and BG2EE would be compatible with EET, but surely it's not that simple. Let me know if I can contribute in any way ...
Well, even the weidu.exe had trouble with the EET a few versions ago when the mod was still being made, as it suddenly had decided that the BG2EE looked and had the BG1EE's content, so it had to be a BG1EE and not BG2EE anymore... and that lead to files getting corrupted. It was fixed fast... that's just an example of the difficulties. There can be others, and the EET's install has a few features that you won't see coming. Such as the EET's cabability to convert the BG1EE mods to be playable in the BG2EE, the bigger question is for this, how does that go with the mods that have been included and those that haven't.

The best thing you can do is to make a EET install and test the %&¤# out of it, with mods and install orders much like the one for the regular BWP's install. And then scan if there are errors and find out why they are there. The less surprices there will be when the EET is officially released, the better.

Edited by The Imp, 25 May 2015 - 01:40 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1273 agnes

agnes
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:51 AM

Just making sure BWS ppls have seen this obscure update to NPC Strongholds: http://gibberlings3....=27275&p=235467

#1274 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:10 PM

Haldamir updated to v3 - no link change, but it's BGII:EE compatible now. Added German translation: [0]English, [1]German

Gavin BG1 is now officially v9. Languages [0]English, [1]French, [2](part) German. BG:EE compatible. Kickout Hotfix NO longer needed!
Direct download link for Windows changed to: http://gibberlings3....download&id=714

BGQE updated to v9.2. Main change is addition of French translation! [0]English, [1]German, [2]French. No link changes.

#1275 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

Thanks! Haldamir, together with Coran, compensates for the lack of archers in BG2. As for BGQE, I personally like it very much.
Looking forward to playing all this goodness in EET :-)

#1276 -DrakeEB-

-DrakeEB-

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:22 PM

Is EET being released the same time as Adventure Y? Haven't read anything new about Adventure Y in a long time other than this summer.

#1277 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:01 PM

Sorry for late reply, I didn't see these posts. You can find answears for some questions in the EET readme: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qo0w7w

Is EET being released the same time as Adventure Y? Haven't read anything new about Adventure Y in a long time other than this summer.

The mod has been finished for many months now. Sure, I'm still making changes to it, but it's not the reason why it hasn't been released yet (these changes could as well be updates to released mod). Adventure Y which, as you can read in the readme, is planned to be fully merged in at some point and used as a transition between games is also not reason for this delay. What is holding the mod back is this issue (swit on Beamdog forum is me under different nick). I hope that future BG2:EE patch will finally resolve the problem. There is also a chance that Crevs Daak will release a tool for unpacking PVRZ files which is needed to even try to fix it, although he was out of modding for some time now, so not sure about the progress.

I would have thought that any mod that is compatible with BGT *AND* BG1EE and BG2EE would be compatible with EET, but surely it's not that simple.

read the f.a.q. in the linked readme. In short:

- in most cases mods for BG2:EE doesn't need any changes or only need ~eet~ added to GAME_IS weidu command if it is used within file.

- EET uses different naming convention compared to BGT for BG1 resources (explained why and how it differs in the readme) so BGT mods that affects BG1 content needs to be adopted. But it's not that big of a deal when pretty much every BG1 quest and dialogue expansion mod is already compatible with EET when installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE (check out the list. You can also add DSotSC and NTotSC which will have native support for EET soon).

- when mod is designed strictly for BGT and depends on BGT BG1 naming conventions and changes than it need to be adopted. There are tools and variable libraries to make it easier. More information in readme.

Let me know if I can contribute in any way

if you're not bothered by broken water than you could install the mod and play test it. Recently Fouinto made a full playthrough with EET and it has been tested before too, so I think the mod is already in pretty good state. Although I've recently made some changes to how NPC dialogue files works (to make modders life easier they are now unique between games instead of appended like in BGT) which needs some testing if the solution works 100% reliably. In other words let me know if you can find text from BG2 in BG1 and vice versa or if you have some other problems.

Or maybe you are good with Photoshop/Gimp? I've recently finished a custom worldmap for EET, but it is quite rough in some parts, as I'm rather green when it comes to graphic programs. EET is fully compatible with BP-BGT Worldmap, but it also allows you to use the map that is installed with EET, if you are not using mods that requires BP-BGT Worldmap.

The concept is simple:
vanilla maps has been pasted to the file: http://i.imgur.com/H3yr0Kg.jpg
and than expanded in BG2 style: http://i.imgur.com/gfMPZ11.jpg

BG1 area looks quite good as I used tutu worldmap for it and some things has been also copied from dex909's BGT map (unfortunately I couldn't use it as it is, because for some reason Ascension64 decided to scale BG1 map instead of using vanilla proportions, so there wasn't enough space for Beamdog new content, areas added by mods, and even vanilla ones had icons to close to each other which results in text overlapping icons. I also don't like the fact that BGT map shore is moving in different direction compared to official Sword Coast maps - yes, I know that these maps are stylized, but why changing the basic shape of the land?).

There are some places on the map that would need some polish, especially connections for ToB map and some repetitiveness in the upper right corner that still looks rough to me. Here is xcf file in case you (or anyone else) would like to improve it: https://www.sendspace.com/file/2hiv4d

Edited by K4thos, 08 June 2015 - 12:33 AM.

#1278 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:30 AM

K4thos, sorry for not looking into the readme myself, but I am very lazy (and lack time): If there will be a "g3_eet_cpmvars.tpa" in the same style as the e.g. g3_bg_cpmvars.tpa for the crossplatform coding, I am very willing to make my mods eet compatible (thrilled, actually). I just lack time and motivation to go and look for the info myself. -Or do I miss anything important for EET compatibility besides the OUTER_SPRINTs?

#1279 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:48 AM

K4thos, sorry for not looking into the readme myself, but I am very lazy (and lack time): If there will be a "g3_eet_cpmvars.tpa" in the same style as the e.g. g3_bg_cpmvars.tpa for the crossplatform coding, I am very willing to make my mods eet compatible (thrilled, actually). I just lack time and motivation to go and look for the info myself. -Or do I miss anything important for EET compatibility besides the OUTER_SPRINTs?

:) Nice to hear it, jastey. Yes, there is pre-made cpmvars library like those present in BG1NPC Project: https://www.sendspace.com/file/whv8w5) edit: doh, this is BG:EE one, here is correct link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/2l8sh7

In fact some of your mods are already compatible with EET when installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE, as they are treated like vanilla game and converted "on the fly" with vanilla resources. But native support is always better as it provides more flexibility when it comes to install order, so I'm looking forward for it (thrilled, actually).

Here is part of the readme:

What BG:EE mods are compatible with EET?

As a result of the conversion method explained above, EET provides limited support for mods installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE. Theoretically it could support almost any BG:EE mod with little to no work needed (for example adjusting BG1NPC Project to work with this method required just a few lines of code. Many mods don't need anything changed at all). To ensure that BG:EE mods not intervene with BG2:EE portion of the game EET will prevent starting the installation when unrecognised mods are detected. More information about this matter can be found in BGEE_to_EET_mod_checker tool readme that is used to find possible conflicts with BG2 resources and content. For now following BG:EE mods are supported when installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE (they will be removed from the list if/when they receive native EET support or if mod creator ask me to remove the mod from compatibility list):

Unhide/Collapse details

Above list also shows install order suggested by Big World Project. Compatibility with EET doesn't mean that mods are fully compatible with each other - refer to original readme files and forum discussions for compatibility details. Although when it comes to above mentioned files, according to BWP/BWS there aren't any known problems to run them all together. Mods have been tested with versions mentioned in above list. It's unlikely that newer ones will break something, as the changes are minimal if made at all. Although let me know if it happens.

edit: wrong file.

Edited by K4thos, 08 June 2015 - 12:33 AM.

#1280 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:12 AM

Yes, there is pre-made cpmvars library like those present in BG1NPC... eet_cpmvars.tpa

eet_cpmvars.tpa:

Spoiler

By the way, it might have been better to link to directly to the EET page that has that code, and not to a sendpage page. Erhm, of course if you don't have that within the (current) files. Which it very heavily(as in: likely) should.

Erhm:

edit: doh, this is BG:EE one, here is correct link

That edit was like 20 minutes old, you should just remove the original link, and no body will notice it.

Edited by The Imp, 01 June 2015 - 10:31 AM.