Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2581 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:50 AM

On the old engine we got information in files named baldur.err and baldur.log in the game folder after a crash.  It appears the EE engine does not produce these logs, but instead creates crash dumps.  I don't know how to derive anything useful from those dumps.  I suggest you create a thread in the troubleshooting forum on Beamdog's website and upload your weidu.log and your .dmp file there.

Were you able to create a new character and start the game, save and reload, with the clean installation before you added the mods?

Yes, I was able to create a character, save and even play for hours on end, but with the mods, it got messed up, sadly, although no conflicts were found or anything like that.

And I really don't think beamdog's forums will help me or resolve my problems, considering my game is modded to the max.

Edited by dady977, 25 January 2016 - 11:53 AM.

#2582 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

https://forums.beamd...2/game-crashing

Do you have any custom (.chr) saved character files in your My Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\characters folder?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2583 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

https://forums.beamd...2/game-crashing

Do you have any custom (.chr) saved character files in your My Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\characters folder?

No, I don't.

I deleted my old Baldur's Gate folder from my documents when I did a fresh installation.

Edited by dady977, 25 January 2016 - 12:04 PM.

#2584 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

If you see a file named bgee.sql in your override folder, try moving it out temporarily and see if you can start the game.  I see that you installed Isandir's portrait pack and I'm not sure anyone else has used that mod yet.  I'm suspicious that it might be creating a new copy of bgee.sql because the original was biffed.

I also see in your WeiDU.log that you selected some Expert mods including Miloch's Resource Fixer and Lollorian's Lolfixer and NPC Kit Pack.  Those mods haven't been ported for EE yet, which is why they are still marked Expert.  It's possible that running those on EE currently messes up file formats.  I don't know of those are responsible for your crashes but I'd be wary of playing with them installed.

I also see that you installed Tome and Blood.  That mod was just updated to 0.6 and I'm going to push a BWS update shortly to account for its revised components.

Edited by agb1, 25 January 2016 - 12:18 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2585 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

If you see a file named bgee.sql in your override folder, try moving it out temporarily and see if you can start the game.  I see that you installed Isandir's portrait pack and I'm not sure anyone else has used that mod yet.  I'm suspicious that it might be creating a new copy of bgee.sql because the original was biffed.

I also see in your WeiDU.log that you selected some Expert mods including Miloch's Resource Fixer and Lollorian's Lolfixer and NPC Kit Pack.  Those mods haven't been ported for EE yet, which is why they are still marked Expert.  It's possible that running those on EE currently messes up file formats.  I don't know of those are responsible for your crashes but I'd be wary of playing with them installed.

I also see that you installed Tome and Blood.  That mod was just updated to 0.6 and I'm going to push a BWS update shortly to account for its revised components.

I removed bgee.sql and it still crashes to desktop when I click on new game, also, I didn't know Miloch's Resource Fixer and Lolfixer and NPC Kit Pack could mess up my file formats.

Although, I still want them in my game, since Lolfixer and Miloch's Fixer do alot of necessary fixes and NPC Kit Pack add some nice kits.

#2586 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:29 PM

Lolfixer was designed for the original BG2 engine, not for EE.  Until Lollorian updates it, it's more likely to do harm than good.  Ditto for Miloch's Resource Fixer.

NPC Kit Pack similarly was designed for the original BG2 engine and hasn't been updated yet to use the new EE method of adding kits, so although it might successfully copy some kit files, the kits will not be available at character creation (only through save game editing with EEKeeper).  From some of the reported installation errors, I suspect it modifies KIT.IDS or KITLIST.IDS incorrectly, which could break kits from the original game and other mods.

#2587 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:50 PM

Lolfixer was designed for the original BG2 engine, not for EE.  Until Lollorian updates it, it's more likely to do harm than good.  Ditto for Miloch's Resource Fixer.

NPC Kit Pack similarly was designed for the original BG2 engine and hasn't been updated yet to use the new EE method of adding kits, so although it might successfully copy some kit files, the kits will not be available at character creation (only through save game editing with EEKeeper).  From some of the reported installation errors, I suspect it modifies KIT.IDS or KITLIST.IDS incorrectly, which could break kits from the original game and other mods.

Oh, that's sad, it's a shame they're not updated yet, and I thought Lollorian updates his stuff, because he's always active in here.

#2588 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:58 PM

Lollorian hasn't studied the EE file formats yet so he isn't sure what changes are needed.

#2589 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

Updates by Quiet:

* BG2EE/EET: Added dependence Full Fixed Russian Translation from BG:EE from BG1EE/EET
* BG2EE/BGT: Slightly changed installation order (nothing matter)
* BGT: Removed dependence Tortured Souls v7.0.4 from Baldurdash v1.73 (it needs v1.68 only)
* Updated A Frosty Journey: The IWDEE Kitpack to v2.8.1
* Updated file size of some mods (although this is not necessary)

Updates by me:

* Moved Generalized Biffing to Expert for EE games due to reports that it is unnecessary with the new engine

* Disabled conflict rule between Might & Guile #265 (monk tweaks) and monk tweaks from other mods
* BGEE/BG2EE/IWDEE:  Updated Tome and Blood from version 0.5 to 0.6 (complete overhaul of components)
* BG2/BGT:  Added Tome and Blood 0.6 to selection (only components #0-5 and 20 -- #6,9,10-13 are EE-exclusive)

Edited by agb1, 25 January 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#2590 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:18 PM

Can anyone move this(Full Fixed Russian Translation for BG:EE) component from BG 2 EE setup.

This has been done.  Thanks for reporting it.

#2591 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

Dady, unfortunately I am out of ideas for salvaging your current installation.  I suggest you start again with the updated BWS (to get the latest Tome and Blood), avoid Lolfixer, Resource Fixer and NPC Kit Pack, and pause periodically during the install to test if you can still start the game.  Mods that affect character generation are typically portraits and kits, so I'd be suspicious of those, particularly as you've included some that are still pre-release.

One other thing:  I suggest using Near Infinity to search your original game for neera11.cre -- as it has been absent later in your installations (or at least missing from chitin.key, the file that contains the index of resource file locations in biffs), it would be nice to confirm that you at least have it in the original files.

Edited by agb1, 25 January 2016 - 01:37 PM.

#2592 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

BG2/BGT:

* Install error workaround for Sword and Fist #33 (Blackguard Kit) with Spell Revisions (SPPR107.SPL)
* Install error workaround for Ding0 Tweaks #6 (Remove summoning cap) with ?? (BELT05.ITM)

Also updated BiG World Fixpack patches for Planar Sphere Mod, Mal des Vampirusmus and Weimer's Valen NPC to fix install errors I observed during a full Tactical installation of BGT.

Edited by agb1, 25 January 2016 - 03:12 PM.

#2593 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:52 PM

BG2EE tactical preset selection install, commit 4426d9d.

Some issues through the install.

Spoiler

Attached Files

#2594 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:35 PM

Thanks again zonx.
Setup-PlanarSphereMod.exe WeiDU version 23800
Parse error (state 140) at REQUIRE_PREDICATE

Sorry about this.  I think the planar sphere mod will work next time (I added a missing THEN to the fixpack patch).
Failed to apply general-AI patch to SENANI04 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Failed to apply general-AI patch to SENDRO04 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
SCS error as always, ignoring (I don't recall seeing this error for SENDRO04, i could of course be mistaken)

I have seen this error for both. We think it is related to Might and Guile but we haven't figured out why yet.
This kit is already in the game
Add Priest of Tyr kit from IWD:EE (BG:EE, BG2:EE, EET) (EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) Tweaks) was skipped.

I am not sure which mod is conflicting here. The skip occurs if the file ohtyr.2da already exists in the game. Can you check which other mod folders contain that file?
* * * This component requires 'PnP Elementals' * * *
Increase the Hit Dice of Elemental Princes (aTweaks) was skipped.

* Added rule: aTweaks' Hit Dice of Elemental Princes needs PnP Elementals (191 needs 190)
* BG2EE: moved Might and Guile after SCS in installation order due to SCS warnings applying general AI to SENANI04 and SENDRO04
* BG2/BGT: disabled C#AJAN16.CRE install error workaround for Might and Guile #120

Edited by agb1, 25 January 2016 - 07:36 PM.

#2595 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

zonx, I noticed another issue in your install log (pcvamp failed to patch BLPOOL.BCS). Can you run a --change-log on BLPOOL.BCS?

#2596 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:32 PM

Can you run a --change-log on BLPOOL.BCS?

Just a single result:

Mods affecting BLPOOL.BCS:
00000: ~PCVAMP/SETUP-PCVAMP.TP2~ 1 0 // Dawn of Vampirism: v1.1 BWP Fix

The skip occurs if the file ohtyr.2da already exists in the game. Can you check which other mod folders contain that file?

Besides the override folder, found it in:
\might_and_guile\backup\200
\EET_Tweaks\25

Edited by zonx, 25 January 2016 - 08:34 PM.

#2597 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:21 PM

Thanks. I will patch pcvamp tomorrow. Seems ohtyr.2da was already in your game files - I didn't think it was included with BG2EE.

#2598 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:20 PM

Also a BG1EE tactical preset selection install, commit 7adcf26.

Spoiler

Attached Files

#2599 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:58 AM

There's still nothing on why my game is still crashing, I reverted to playing an older modded game I had backed up.

#2600 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:54 AM

I don't know whose mod it is, but whoever attached white-skinned, dark-haired portrait to Drizzt in my game should be thrown to the deepest spider pit under Menzoberranzan :lol:

Edited by Creepin, 26 January 2016 - 06:37 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)