Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2981 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:33 PM

I have the tactical install, without changes.

Jaheira comments about Khalid should try to use wood weapons - but a mod has changed khalid into a Cleric / Ranger ( as such he cant equip swords anymore).

Circlets, intended for mages, have Arcane Spell failure % attached on them, aswell as stealth penalties. (atleast in description)

There are multiple versions of some spells - like the cleric spell cause light wounds, It has three versions. and a druid spell Sunscorch - has two versions.
For some reason cause medium wounds (labled level 5 spell) can be memorized by a level 1 fighter druid (jaheira).

#2982 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:41 PM

Also

Quayle is moved to the faireground - but both Aerie says he's in baldurs gate, and the journal updates as "[met Quayle in baldurs gate]"

#2983 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

OK - Nevermind, I GUESS Quayle is two people now :o

#2984 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for the reports, guest.

Goosi, I have reproduced the BGT Recommended install error with SCS. I will post tomorrow regarding a fix.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2985 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:08 PM

Nope... it's the same person.. in two games. You meat him in BG1 when you are about to enter the city. You also meat him in BG2 when you entered the city(different one). Aka he moved on from the adventuring after you were captured or something.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2986 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:04 AM

BGT install issue update:

CDPP29.ITM and CP!99.ITM are created by CDTweaks (Tweaks Anthology) component 2150 as modified copies of dw#melri.itm from Wheels of Prophecy.

Wheels of Prophecy v5 (which BWS is using) included a supposed fix for dw#melri.itm to avoid this problem.  Apparently not.

I've reported this on the G3 forums (http://gibberlings3....e=7#entry245202).  For now to get past the error, you can remove component 2150 of Tweaks Anthology from your BWS selection or manually copy the original item from Wheels of Prophecy into the override folder when the BWS installation reaches SCS.  If you want to do the manual workaround, make 3 copies of the original wheels\misc\dw#melri.itm and rename them to replace override\dw#melri.itm, override\cdpp29.itm and override\c!pp29.itm, then tell BWS to re-try the SCS installation and it will proceed without error.

Edited by agb1, 10 July 2016 - 03:19 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2987 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:09 AM

Agb, can you also add the mod linked here? That makes it possible to see when spell are expiring and not

forum.bioware.com/topic/560248-the-adventurers-lounge-guidance-and-support-for-no-reload-challengers-newbie-or-veteran/?p=19884837

inside that archive there are also some fixes to be installed after SCS and Ascension.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#2988 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:20 AM

Sergio, I will look into it.  Thanks for noting the extra steps.

#2989 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:22 AM

you don't have to thank me. It's me thanking you for being a boss and being extra patient with us and troubling you all the damn time

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#2990 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:44 AM

Nope... it's the same person.. in two games. You meat him in BG1 when you are about to enter the city. You also meat him in BG2 when you entered the city(different one). Aka he moved on from the adventuring after you were captured or something.

No, its defanatly two people, as Aeire actually responds to him if you have him in the party, and enter her tent in the Nashkel Carnival - they have a conversation about quayles family..

But the Journal does not properly report that "Crazy Quayle" is moved to Nash Carnival, and not standing outside the gates of Baldurs Gate..

#2991 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:44 AM

No, its defanatly two people, as Aeire actually responds to him if you have him in the party, and enter her tent in the Nashkel Carnival - they have a conversation about quayles family..

But the Journal does not properly report that "Crazy Quayle" is moved to Nash Carnival, and not standing outside the gates of Baldurs Gate..

#2992 -cc-

-cc-

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:47 AM

No, its defanatly two people. I'm playing BG1.
Aeire actually responds to him if you have him in the party, and enter her tent in the Nashkel Carnival - they have a conversation about quayles family..

The Journal does not properly report that "Crazy Quayle" is moved to Nash Carnival, and not standing outside the gates of Baldurs Gate however..

#2993 -cc-

-cc-

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:47 AM

Aeire actually responds to him if you have him in the party, and enter her tent in the Nashkel Carnival - they have a conversation about quayles family..

The Journal does not properly report that "Crazy Quayle" is moved to Nash Carnival, and not standing outside the gates of Baldurs Gate however..

#2994 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:10 PM

You are talking about moded content, not original in game one.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2995 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

BGT install issue update:

CDPP29.ITM and CP!99.ITM are created by CDTweaks (Tweaks Anthology) component 2150 as modified copies of dw#melri.itm from Wheels of Prophecy.
Wheels of Prophecy v5 (which BWS is using) included a supposed fix for dw#melri.itm to avoid this problem.  Apparently not.

I've reported this on the G3 forums (http://gibberlings3....e=7#entry245202).  For now to get past the error, you can remove component 2150 of Tweaks Anthology from your BWS selection or manually copy the original item from Wheels of Prophecy into the override folder when the BWS installation reaches SCS.  If you want to do the manual workaround, make 3 copies of the original wheels\misc\dw#melri.itm and rename them to replace override\dw#melri.itm, override\cdpp29.itm and override\c!pp29.itm, then tell BWS to re-try the SCS installation and it will proceed without error.

Thanks to Mike1072's patch, the Wheels+CDtweaks(2150)+SCS install error should be fixed now for BWS installs.

#2996 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:56 PM

Agb, can you also add the mod linked here? That makes it possible to see when spell are expiring and not

forum.bioware.com/topic/560248-the-adventurers-lounge-guidance-and-support-for-no-reload-challengers-newbie-or-veteran/?p=19884837

inside that archive there are also some fixes to be installed after SCS and Ascension. 

Didn't realize this was referring to Jimfix. BWS already has Jimfix v2 integrated into the selection for BG2/BGT and BG2EE. Look in the Corrections section after General section at the top of the list.

#2997 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:17 PM

Duplicate post

Edited by agb1, 12 July 2016 - 02:24 PM.

#2998 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:23 PM

About Quayle...

The mod/component SCS 4130 is selected in the Tactical pre-selection. It 1) removes Quayle from AR7900 (Wyrm's Crossing in BGT) and 2) adds him to AR3800 (Circus).

The SCS component doesn't touch the journal or Aerie's dialogue (arguably this is an oversight/inconsistency that you can report in the SCS forum thread).

Since 1) apparently didn't work if you still see Quayle in AR7900, please upload a copy of ar7900.bcs somewhere (e.g. put it on dropbox or make an account here and attach it to your post) so we can check it, and also run a "weidu.exe --log nul --change-log ar7900.bcs > ar7900.bcs-change-log.txt" in your game folder.

To do this, open a cmd prompt by pressing Windows key+R and typing "cmd" and hitting Enter; then change-dir to the game folder by typing "cd <<full path to game-folder>>"; then run the weidu command above.

Then open the file "ar7900.bcs-change-log.txt" with any text editor (Notepad is fine) and upload the contents here. Thanks!

Edited by agb1, 12 July 2016 - 02:25 PM.

#2999 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:28 PM

Playing BG1 - none changed tactical install

Apon meeting the bandits in Larswood, and asking to join them. There is an enemy called "bugbear elite" in the bandit camp that is hostile to the party - making the entire camp go hostile.

#3000 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:29 PM

There is also an "orc elite" that is hostile.