Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3741 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:10 AM

Hmm that was checked by default. Good to know anyway. Thanks :)

#3742 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Hmm that was checked by default. Good to know anyway. Thanks :)

This is from the guy who did the EE conversion

and the kits and rule change (in RoT) are now optionnal component that should better be skipped on the EE,

The chores also are not recommanded, or you must know that with "chores fast forward" you can speak with Gorion again and be teleported back too the future (skipping the chores)

When I installed RoT a few days ago it was not yet supported by BWS, but the options should be left unchecked or even have a warning not to use.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3743 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

Well this is just a test install (still ongoing, damn SCS) Im gonna dig deeper when I actually gonna play :)

EDIT: Seems I'm getting similar warnings like Sam few posts before (lots of them)

http://pastebin.com/3wJG8W4M

Edited by Lithesis, 08 March 2017 - 01:04 PM.

#3744 -Anon-

-Anon-

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

So,how does one disable the EET installation?

Seems like it's messing up one of my kits and I'd rather not get rid of it if I can.

#3745 -Anon-

-Anon-

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

So,how does one disable the EET installation?

Seems like it's messing up one of my kits and I'd rather not get rid of it if I can.

#3746 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

Anon you need to be waaay more specific if you want a good answer.

#3747 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:12 AM

Just got back from work and SCS didn't throw any error. What did fail was SandraNPC or rather it's component called [SandrahNPC Creatures and Items] [v2.04].

E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>Sandrah Kit (Sandrah Saga) was installed successfully.
### 0005: SandrahNPC Creatures and Items ###
Ready for installation
Setup-SandrahNPC.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view  --force-install-list 5 --logapp
[Setup-SandrahNPC.exe] WeiDU version 24000
Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

Installing [SandrahNPC Creatures and Items] [v2.04]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: cannot convert %CVMystra% or %%CVMystra%% to an integer
ERROR: [SandrahNPC\CRE/Sandrah.cre] -> [override\Sandrah.cre] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [SandrahNPC Creatures and Items], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [SANDRAHNPC/SETUP-SANDRAHNPC.TP2] component 5.
Uninstalled      0 files for [SANDRAHNPC/SETUP-SANDRAHNPC.TP2] component 5.
ERROR: Not_found
PLEASE email the file SETUP-SANDRAHNPC.DEBUG to Roxanne - Contact Roxanne@shsforums.net
Automatically Skipping [SandrahNPC Creatures and Items] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 496869 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS SandrahNPC Creatures and Items

Attached 2 debugs. Bigger one is log after the error happened, 2nd after I chose to retry.

EDIT: Just as I did with RoT, manually uninstalling and reinstalling worked. BWS doesn't like something there.

Attached Files

Edited by Lithesis, 09 March 2017 - 05:17 AM.

#3748 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:19 AM

This is neither a bug in Sandrah nor in any other NPC mod that randomly causes the error.

See this http://www.shsforums...96#entry593585-

The method to overcome it is to

1. Uninstall the component before (Sandrah Kit)

(1 b Look into the Sandrah folder and eventually remove some weird endings that BWS has added to the .TP2 file.)

2. Reinstall Sandrah Kit manually

3. Install SandrahNPC Creatures and Items manually

4. This should succeed without error and you can install her remaining components

5. Look into the Sandrah folder and eventually remove some weird endings that BWS has added to the .TP2 file.

Or maybe forget about Sandrah at all, because of this bug introduced into latest update of EET_end

http://gibberlings3....e=2#entry252160

Edited by Roxanne, 09 March 2017 - 05:24 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3749 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:32 AM

Yes Im aware of PID problem. That's why this just test install to see if anything goes wrong. Which just finished \o/ Only RoT failed so not bad :D

#3750 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

This issue occured again (was probably reported before)

Automatically Skipping [Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 120517 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

ERROR: cannot convert %C0ILM% or %%C0ILM%% to an integer
ERROR: [Sirene/creatures/C02Siren.cre] -> [override/C02Siren.cre] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found

I'm having what looks like the same problem.  I seem to recall reading something about an add_kit_ee function and a column count mismatch, but I can't find where I read that now.  Of course, I could be completely misremembering...

You remember correctly and I intended to mention that post myself but could not find it either. Chances are that it is that thing because it randomly happens with newer NPC mods that use this function.

Found it.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#3751 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

It's hard to pin down what's causing SCS to choke since I don't know what his "unable to parse" error means.

Again, these are just spells with some 177 effects; there's nothing inherently buggy about them. SCS is trying to do... something... with them, but I'm not sure what, I how, or why. Knowing that would help us make the mods work better together. Davidw is around... maybe mention this over on the SCS forum at G3 and see if he can explain what SCS is doing here.

What SCS is doing (each time an error is thrown) is editing some creature to make sure it has the correct abilities due to its kit. To do that, it firstly has to remove any opcodes placed on the creature by a previous application of the kit, to avoid doubling up (vanilla Bioware creatures sometimes, but not always, have the kit features already present). And to know what they are, in a modded environment, it has to read the CLAB file and then read the contents of every AP_XXXX spell in the CLAB file. (It has to read them anyway in order to *apply* the kit features, of course).

Now, that code won't really know how to handle Aquadrizzt's multiclass trick: my "go through AP_XXXX" code doesn't think to check for conditions on application, since that's not a vanilla-game feature. But in any case, in v30, at least, I skip 172/177 effects in enforcing classes, because they have somewhat unpredictable features. I was hoping to include them in the v31 code; if I do, I'll keep this potential compatibility issue in mind.

However, none of this would cause an install failure. That install failure is happening because SCS has somehow failed to work out the contents of QD_MCM03 in the first place. Looking at the code, the only way I can see the variable failing to be set is if QD_MCM03.spl doesn't actually exist, i.e. the CLAB file has a pointer to a missing resource. Is that plausible? (SCS should probably deal with that more gracefully; equally, people shouldn't put dangling pointers in their mods.)

If that's right, an easy workaround is to replace the missing resources. (I'll fix the code to handle missing resources better, but v31 is not imminent.)

Edited by DavidWallace, 10 March 2017 - 08:59 AM.

#3752 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:32 AM

However, none of this would cause an install failure. That install failure is happening because SCS has somehow failed to work out the contents of QD_MCM03 in the first place. Looking at the code, the only way I can see the variable failing to be set is if QD_MCM03.spl doesn't actually exist, i.e. the CLAB file has a pointer to a missing resource. Is that plausible?

Hmm... perhaps. I'll check when I get a chance. I know a full line of AP_qd_mcxyy entries gets appended to each trueclass clab table, out to 50 columns. But I don't know if all 50 spells get created, especially if many of them are empty of content. (Which, on its face, does seem slightly wasteful.) If not, it should theoretically be fairly simple to create the missing ones.

I'll take a look at Aquadrizzt's function when I can. (It's not my function, but it is my mod using the function and causing this issue, so I'll dive into it. I think I have a decent grasp of how it works.)

EDIT - no, I just examined the function. All of those .spl files do indeed get copied into /override.

I doubt the problem is the 177 opcode, because my own mod uses a bunch of 177 effects to, for instance, prevent multiclass characters from getting some class abilities.

I have to suspect that the problem is that many of those qd_mcxyy spells are devoid of content. They are all copied from a single master file which has a header, but no effects. Maybe the SCS function is thrown when it sees a spell with no extended headers?

If that's the case the fix would be extremely simple: just add a useless effect to the master .spl, like a 1-second Lore boost.

Edited by subtledoctor, 10 March 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#3753 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

I don't think so. The code should be able to handle empty spells fine.

I'll consider further. If you can find a minimal install which reproduces the bug, let me know.

#3754 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

Saradas Magic mod should be expert in BWS due to this

http://www.shsforums...11/#entry593750

It is incompatible (and destructive) for any mod adding to the respective area.

Edited by Roxanne, 10 March 2017 - 01:39 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3755 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:24 PM

Hmm. I just installed the Might & Guile multiclass kits, and then the SCS Initialize Mod, Initialize AI, Smarter General AI, and Slightly Harder Initial Dungeon components. Result: no errors.

That's the component that failed for Sam earlier, so I'm not sure what's going on. Seems like one of two possibilities: 1) some 3rd mod is causing a bad interaction; or 2) some mod is using an outdated version of the qd_multi function.

Without being able to reproduce the error, and without Sam's weidu.log, it's hard to troubleshoot further.

*Note: I only tested on BG2EE, I don't have a spare EET install handy to test on. Maybe something in EET throws things off?

#3756 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Hmm. I just installed the Might & Guile multiclass kits, and then the SCS Initialize Mod, Initialize AI, Smarter General AI, and Slightly Harder Initial Dungeon components. Result: no errors.

That's the component that failed for Sam earlier, so I'm not sure what's going on. Seems like one of two possibilities: 1) some 3rd mod is causing a bad interaction; or 2) some mod is using an outdated version of the qd_multi function.

Without being able to reproduce the error, and without Sam's weidu.log, it's hard to troubleshoot further.

*Note: I only tested on BG2EE, I don't have a spare EET install handy to test on. Maybe something in EET throws things off?

Well, I have made 25 installs in the last few days trying to narrow down the source of errors and come up with a working install that has what I want.  Looking back through the BWS logs, this is the most minimal install I had that resulted in a true hard failure:

Attached File  Sam_BWS_Logs_201703091107.rar   298.44K   100 downloads

Note that "BWS-Selection-SlowlyRemoving9.ini" is, to the best of my memory, the mod selection that goes with these logs.  However, I didn't document which mod selections went with which BWS logs as well as I should have, and after 25 installs it's all starting to run together...

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#3757 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:15 PM

Okay, I'm afraid that's way too large an install for me to try to reproduce. If this can be robustly reproduced on a small install, someone let me know and I'll take another look.

#3758 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

I dont know if this is mod related or caused by the game engine but when I do click to fast for collecting items some do disappear in the process.

Furthermore could you remove the mod "New travel system between Baldur's Gate City areas" from the recommended list? It is a pain in the ass to move trough baldurs gate with this mod.

#3759 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:47 AM

Furthermore could you remove the mod "New travel system between Baldur's Gate City areas" from the recommended list? It is a pain in the ass to move trough baldurs gate with this mod.

You can unselect every actual mod from all the lists... so you don't have to use any you don't like.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3760 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:45 AM

You can unselect every actual mod from all the lists... so you don't have to use any you don't like.

I'm perfectly aware of that.  While checking every single mod and its subcomponents , at least i thought so, I must have missed that mod.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of players prefer the travel system the way it used to be and a minority would like to have the more "realistic" approach. Therefore it shouldnt be preselected IMO as I didnt select this myself and started with a recommended selection for further customization.