Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3881 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:19 AM

As of v12, Alternatives is compatible with EET.

Compatibility with Saerileth mod: full, if Saerileth is installed before Alternatives. (the ingame exploit with 2x quest reward remains).

#3882 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:26 AM

Hi.

I was using BWS for the first time today and went through all the steps for a "tactical" installation, and at the end of a lot of downloading, the program gave me a list of "The following mod(s) could not be downloaded." That's fine and all, and I hunted down almost all of the mods on that list to provide to the program.

However I'm just wondering if there was any way to add a function to download every single available mod so I could have an offline library of mods that the program can pull from? I'm worried in the future if some mods can't be found again, links go dead, files are lost, etc. and I won't be able to download them through the BWS steps. It might also be faster to reinstall everything from my hard drive. Maybe they can be put into a similar folder structure as the big collapsible list.

Just an idea. I'm not a modder or programmer by any means, please don't kill me guys!

You already have one now, so to say.

When next time you use BWS it will ask you for all the directories (where is your game, where to download the mods etc.). If you point it to the directory where all the downloaded and unpacked mods are from this time, then BWS will just check for updates and only download mods you do not have already or that have a newer version. (Also some mods that are hosted on github are downloaded since BWS can not verify if those are old or new.).

...and if you find other mods that you think you include next time, just store them there as well and BWS will use them next time (if they are BWS supported - if not you can use the mod request template for BWS and ask the maintainers to include the mod).

Edited by Roxanne, 07 April 2017 - 01:32 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3883 -BWSisDead-

-BWSisDead-

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:28 AM

Where are alien and agb1 ? BWS is dead?

#3884 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:31 AM

Neither them nor k4thos (for EET) have been around for the last 4 weeks. It does not mean the BWS or EET are dead, it might be that they all are involved in a new EE game release...

The Sandrah Saga

#3885 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

Copying and patching 1 file ...

Applying kit/proficiency/script features to ALUFIE01
This is Stratagems Scripting Language

Input file is stratagems/genai/ssl/dw#melee.ssl 

Output file is stratagems_external\workspace\ssl_out/dw#melee.baf 
Copying 1 file ...
Compiling 1 script ...
~ANIMALCOMPANIONS/SETUP-ANIMALCOMPANIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Animal Companions For All Rangers (Optional: Druids)
~BEARWALKER/SETUP-BEARWALKER.TP2~ #0 #0 //  BEAR WALKER KIT for Enhanced Editions. 
~A7#IMPROVEDARCHER/SETUP-A7#IMPROVEDARCHER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Archer Kit: v2.2
~A7#IMPROVEDARCHER/SETUP-A7#IMPROVEDARCHER.TP2~ #0 #100 // Add +4 arrows, bolts and two powerful bows to the game: v2.2
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #26 // Add Priest of Tempus kit for Priests: 1.3
~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities -> Install revised HLAs for all classes: beta 4.09
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility

It appears SCS won't work at all on anything more than Minimal. I've tried a dozen times or so.

WARNING: File "ajantisbg2/setup-ajantisbg2.tp2" contains 'VERSION ~14~' instead of expected 'VERSION ~13~'!  This is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-AJANTISBG2.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/ajantisbg2".  This might mean that the patches for this mod were made for a different version of the mod than the one that you are using, or this might mean that the mod was already patched and then removed from the list in the "BWP_Fixpack.installed" file without restoring the original pre-patched files.
WARNING: File "alternatives/setup-alternatives.tp2" contains 'VERSION ~v12~' instead of expected 'VERSION ~v11~'!  This is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/alternatives".  This might mean that the patches for this mod were made for a different version of the mod than the one that you are using, or this might mean that the mod was already patched and then removed from the list in the "BWP_Fixpack.installed" file without restoring the original pre-patched files.

Both of those newer versions produce a hunk fail.

#3886 EducatedOaf

EducatedOaf
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

I'm going to try to narrow down the SCS bug over the next few by systematically ruling out mods, installing many many times.

#3887 -seriousdelirium-

-seriousdelirium-

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:53 PM

Hello,

This was my first time installing BWS and my selection was fairly minimal,

but no matter what mods I chose, BWS shut itself off after asking me to start the game and create a save.

Upon restarting BWS I always get this message:

0kNbYZP.png

It seems as if BWS is asking me for a Russian translation for BGEE, when I am in actuality only installing mods for BG2EE, and my version isnt even in Russian!

It just so happens that I do speak Russian so after some googling I came upon a russian thread on arcanetoast from a couple of years ago where someone was having the exact same problem but it having been fixed in an update for BWS.

Problem is, I am getting it anyway.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

/Dennis

#3888 -seriousdelirium-

-seriousdelirium-

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Hello,

but no matter what mods I chose, BWS shut itself off after asking me to start the game and create a save.

0kNbYZP.png

It seems as if BWS is asking me for a Russian translation for BGEE, when I am in actuality only installing mods for BG2EE, and my version isnt even in Russian!

It just so happens that I do speak Russian so after some googling I came upon a russian thread on arcanetoast from a couple of years ago where someone was having the exact same problem but it having been fixed in an update for BWS.

/Dennis

Actually, the same person posted about it here over a year ago, and it seemed to be fixed;

http://www.shsforums...ogram/?p=586093

#3889 -seriousdelirium-

-seriousdelirium-

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Hello,

0kNbYZP.png

/Dennis

Actually, the same person posted about it here over a year ago, and it seemed to be fixed;

http://www.shsforums...ogram/?p=586093

#3890 MrMani

MrMani
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:09 AM

Hello everybody  8)

Long time PS:T BG etc player that has recently tried out the BWS setup for BG:EET

Just going to throw some feedback and bug's out there in an attempt to help (let me know if this isn't helpful, some of this i understand is best posted to gibberlings for the BG:EET people but for sake of completeness and my lack of understanding as to what effects what i'm adding it here)

Installed close to 3 weeks ago.

Steps Taken

• -Fresh install of BG:EE+SOD from GOG games, latest patch, modmerged
  • -Fresh install of BG:EE 2 from GOG (no mod merge needed)
  • -Started a new Char in both games and made a save then exit.
  • -Updated BWS via VBS script 
  • -Selected BG:EET, filled out game locations (not in program files, no UAC active, No Security programs running including antivirus, no application monitoring software running)
  • -MODS: BGNPC project, BG Unfinished business, SCS Full (not including MotB changes, optional NPC locations on, Mage and priest full spell prebuff) , Rogue Rebalancing, Banter pack for bioware NPC's, Spell Rev v4 Beta, BGEET Tweaks, few from aTweaks, Viconia Friendship Banters

BWS setup finished with no errors other than having to track down aTweaks v450 that didn't download inside BWS becaues it had a bad URL link for it.

Started a new char into BG1

First half of the game came off without a hitch at all, SCS behavior present, Spell Rev also working well, Banters firing, BG:UB content present, New banters firing off etc.

1. -Viconia NPC was completely broken, upon finding her in her original location ( i selected Optional NPC locations) she said her lines not about running from the Flaming fist but rather her lines in BG2 from Government square, obviously she could not become a companion, had her BG2 portrait and stats despite that mod not being installed???
  2. -Osmandis the crazy druid in Pelwood? forest i think it is, crashed the game upon initiating combat right in the middle of his SCS spell pre-buff stage. ( Could not get around this, Created a druid (EEkeeper etc) with access to all the spells Osmandis has and tried them out in game, no crashes, makes me think SCS scripting issues for that particular encounter)
  3. -Central Baldurs gate AR0700, Entering Felonius Gist's estate to free the adventures turned to stone played out correctly but upon exiting via either the top or bottom door and returning to city map i become trapped in the door frame, only effect CHARNAME, regardless of formation when exiting or which door is used, Clua'd my way out of that one, loaded up original BG and BGEE versions and could not reproduce this issue.
  4. -Arkion, Nemphre and Ordulinian Quest "AR1300", Blood-stone amulet or the onyx ring are not recognized by the characters in question, (If i remember correctly this is a bug that was fixed by the BGFix-pack along time ago but somehow is back in this installation, previous to fix pack any blood stone amulet could be used to pass this quest check)
  5. -TotSC went off perfectly other than it required reloads to get scripts to fire to leave the island
  6. -Final Boss death in BG1 did not trigger a transition to SOD, rather just stood there in the finial room forever, used console to trigger global and then it transitioned to SOD, all my loot came with me but none of my companions, which i take it is intended behavior.
  7. -End of SOD in the forest saw Imoen lose her levels and transition to her BG2 portrait with BG2 starting XP while still in SOD final level then game teleported me back Avernus :doh: while the audio from opening scene of BG2 with Irenicus played out. Reloading the final scene of this about four times finally made it transition properly.

What i take from this is:

• -Viconia Friendship might either be broken or wrong in the BWS install order, or conflict with BG:EET changes.
  • -Something later in the install order broke the BGfixpack or BGEET fix's to cause issues with the Arkion, Nemphre and Ordulinian quest
  • -No idea why i'm getting stuck in the door at the Gist manor (wasn't this fixed along time ago with Beamdog BG:EE updates?)
  • -2 Copies of Dispel magic in my Mage spell book learnt from 2 different scrolls, multiple mods tweak dispel magic, Tweaks,SCS,SRv4b etc. (tested a theory and yeah, seems one effects Mgol one doesn't)
  • -Osmandis the Druid CTD issues are most likely related to SCS+SRb4 combo not getting along properly, i understand BWS uses the compatible SCS installer if you select SRv4b as well as SCS, maybe that can be over ridden with other choices you make in BWS somehow?
  • -SOD and BG1 ending transitions seem to me to be probably unrelated to BWS install order or anything else on the BWS end
  • -Defiantly dialogue files are broken in my install, i feel that Viconia Friendship+SCS NPC locations+BGEET are not getting along well at all. And Imoen additional Dialogue mod is also a cause of dialogue mode getting stuck in BG2.

Let me know if this was either helpful or a waste of peoples time, going to do a full reinstall now without the dialogue packs for Viconia and imoen and see how it goes.

Edited by MrMani, 20 April 2017 - 01:20 PM.

#3891 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

Just trying to compare notes, since I did my EET version install with BWS approximately at the same time (Weidu.log: installation started 13.03.17) and I have the mods you reference included as well.

There may still be differences in components of the big mods, but since I used the recommended settings free of conflicts as suggested by BWS we may have comparable installs.

Do you mean these?

optional NPC locations on

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility

Viconia Friendship Banters

~VICONIA/SETUP-VICONIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Viconia Friendship: v3.3_Isaya BWP Fix

Findings I did not encounter

- Viconia (in area south of Beregost) >>>> everything normal, joined with expected dialogue.

- Osmandi and the other druid in Larswood >>>> no issue

-  Central Baldurs gate AR0700 ???? This is BG0700 in EET which makes me think...

Started a new char into BG1

Does that mean you started the whole game from BG1 instead of the EET which is started from BG2EE (Baldur.exe) and then you select the BG1 from the campaign menu?

Edited by Roxanne, 20 April 2017 - 01:28 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3892 MrMani

MrMani
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:16 PM

Hello there

Thanks for the reply

-  Central Baldurs gate AR0700 ???? This is BG0900 in EET which makes me think...

I got that location from memory rather than actually checking in my previous install, so it very probably was BG0900, i should of looked it up tbh, so i understand why that makes you think this

Does that mean you started the whole game from BG1 instead of the EET which is started from BG2EE (Baldur.exe) and then you select the BG1 from the campaign menu?

I played the game via the BGEET shortcut on desktop which points to BG2EE's directory Baldur.exe.  Did i start my character originally from the BG1EE directory executable?, its possible i made that mistake but i'm more than 90% sure i created the char from the correct .exe here, if all my symptoms point to that then i would have to relent on it, and my small understanding of the situation tells me i would of run into a heck of a lot more issues than just what i did.

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations

Yep that is the one

Not sure what this Isaya BWP fix is or who Isaya even is, That is the right Mod but somehow i got the wrong version ?

Have done a full reinstall in the last few hours with BWS will let you know how it goes, currently dialogue issues already, the djinn in Irenicus's dungeon has a number instead of a name, i have to be stuffing something up, i have 2.3.67.3 hotfixed version of BG2 from GOG, if i understand it right it is the correct one as mentioned by the authors of BG:EET

Finally was wondering if you are also getting broken/garbled/blank descriptions of your Bhaal powers when you right click on them, this has always been broken for me right back to just BG2EE+SCS+SR installs. (No external Bhaal  powers mods added)

Edit: Foolishly deleted my previous Install, are Weidu logs backed up somewhere otherwise i'm not sure how i can check my exact version of Viconia Friendship for you

Edit 2: I have my old BWS version, its v3.3 of Viconia Friendship from 2014-3-08, obviously its being patched or partially overwritten by a Fix at some stage

Edited by MrMani, 20 April 2017 - 01:49 PM.

#3893 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

Hello there

Thanks for the reply

-  Central Baldurs gate AR0700 ???? This is BG0900 in EET which makes me think...

I got that location from memory rather than actually checking in my previous install, so it very probably was BG0900, i should of looked it up tbh, so i understand why that makes you think this

I played the game via the BGEET shortcut on desktop which points to BG2EE's directory Baldur.exe.  Did i start my character originally from the BG1EE directory executable?, its possible i made that mistake but i'm more than 90% sure i created the char from the correct .exe here, if all my symptoms point to that then i would have to relent on it, and my small understanding of the situation tells me i would of run into a heck of a lot more issues than just what i did.

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations

Yep that is the one

Not sure what this Isaya BWP fix is or who Isaya even is, That is the right Mod but somehow i got the wrong version ?

Have done a full reinstall in the last few hours with BWS will let you know how it goes, currently dialogue issues already, the djinn in Irenicus's dungeon has a number instead of a name, i have to be stuffing something up, i have 2.3.67.3 hotfixed version of BG2 from GOG, if i understand it right it is the correct one as mentioned by the authors of BG:EET

Edit: Foolishly deleted my previous Install, are Weidu logs backed up somewhere otherwise i'm not sure how i can check my exact version of Viconia Friendship for you

If you use your former savegame on the new install you get those dialog.tlk issues, as all dialogue strings are now different in the new game.

And, yes, you have the correct BG2EE version - otherwise EET would not even install at all.

The Sandrah Saga

#3894 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:58 PM

bgqe updates to v15. The mod can now be installed directly to EET, too.

#3895 -Guts-

-Guts-

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:52 AM

Like the fella above me, I'm also having issues when installing BGT (NON-EE) Tactics Install

SCS always gets an "Out of Memory" error, specially during the "Smarter AI for everyone" 

I tried on Tactics, and the one without Tactic difficulty mods, everytime the same error, and if I ignore it, the rest of the install goes on with error after error because of that, forcing me to delete all the files and get my backup folder.

#3896 EducatedOaf

EducatedOaf
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

Determining spells and script for RIBALD

Input file is stratagems/mage/ssl/bg2/main/dw#fgmag.ssl 

Output file is stratagems_external\workspace\ssl_out/dw#fgmag.baf 

Failed to patch RIBALD.CRE; error message was Out of memory

This error appeared today, don't know if it's usually there.

#3897 -Guts-

-Guts-

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

Determining spells and script for RIBALD

Input file is stratagems/mage/ssl/bg2/main/dw#fgmag.ssl 

Output file is stratagems_external\workspace\ssl_out/dw#fgmag.baf 

This error appeared today, don't know if it's usually there.

It wasnt, the "Out of Memory" errors in SCS were not present last time I did a BGT install, which was a month or so ago. Having the same error myself since I changed my PC parts and had to format

Also anyone knows how much is it going to take for the account confirmation mail to reach me? I made an account like 4 hours ago ( it said it will take only 10 min, yeah right ) and I still didnt get the mail

#3898 DrakeEB2

DrakeEB2
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

Neither them nor k4thos (for EET) have been around for the last 4 weeks. It does not mean the BWS or EET are dead, it might be that they all are involved in a new EE game release...

Hmm, Icewind Dale 2 EE? Dunno what else it could be!

#3899 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:29 AM

Nah, I don't think they are involved in any projects. They probably are very busy in RL and decided to take a break from modding. Unless I don't know something.

#3900 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:29 AM

Nah, I don't think they are involved in any projects. They probably are very busy in RL and decided to take a break from modding. Unless I don't know something.