Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4041 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:31 AM

Suggestion, mark "Protagonist can die" component of "EET Tweaks" as "Expert" (red colour).

More details here: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=28910

Second suggestion: could you name your commits with a reference to the changed content? "Final clean-up EET finished" forces to open every commit, one more word or two might help ;)

It is not possible in BWS to mark individual components as Expert, only whole mods. Since the mod is actively maintained, we can expect a solution to come up soon. I also assume that k4thos will publish some warning in his mod description for it.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4042 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:34 AM

Got it.

Another question. Can a preselection be loaded (.ini file) even if in the meantime there have been other commits? Won't it create problems?

I'd say no, because there are precise references to single components, but just want to be sure.

#4043 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:43 AM

Another "issue"..

I found out my game has this mod in it:

http://www.shsforums...c/40623-haiass/

But I never selected it during install  :ermm:

#4044 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:45 AM

Another "issue"..

I found out my game has this mod in it:

http://www.shsforums...c/40623-haiass/

But I never selected it during install  :ermm:

Just make sure (in your weidu.log) if it is the mod you have installed or whether it is just a creature named Haiass that appears in your game due to some other mod.

The Sandrah Saga

#4045 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:50 AM

Mabe Sandrah's Saga? :P

I think component 0009 of Sandrah's Saga.. can I not install it? Any issue afterwards? I don't want to bring an animal companion, and since I'm lawful good I don't want to kick it away either.

Edited by Blash2, 30 July 2017 - 03:52 AM.

#4046 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:57 AM

I think component 0009 of Sandrah's Saga.. can I not install it? Any issue afterwards? I don't want to bring an animal companion, and since I'm lawful good I don't want to kick it away either.

Ooops.

I probably need to make that more apparent. Sandrah brings two companions to the game and they are even quest characters for the game. I suggest to uninstall Sandrah alltogether.

Mea culpa - I have to review the readme once again to avoid such ugly surprises. It is mentioned several times but maybe the implication of what it means is not clear?

Edited by Roxanne, 30 July 2017 - 04:00 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4047 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:04 AM

Ooops.

I probably need to make that more apparent. Sandrah brings two companions to the game and they are even quest characters for the game. I suggest to uninstall Sandrah alltogether.

Mea culpa - I have to review the readme once again to avoid such ugly surprises.

You can ask the Haiass (from Sandrah mod) to wait, he won' t follow anymore and it does not pose a problem, the tigger is sandrah's one companion

#4048 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:30 AM

Well, I tried but then if I hit the "select all party members" button, it gets selected too. I was wondering if I can simply exclude that component from installation without problems. Edit: no, it is required. Not a big problem ;)

I noticed another thing.. Imoen has an "inscribe scrolls" ability. I thought it was the "Allow mages to scribe memorized spells onto scrolls" component from aTweaks, but it turns out she scribes random spells not present in her spellbook. This is quite a cheat. 

Anybody knows where does it come from?

Edited by Blash2, 30 July 2017 - 05:31 AM.

#4049 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:53 AM

Well, I tried but then if I hit the "select all party members" button, it gets selected too. I was wondering if I can simply exclude that component from installation without problems. Edit: no, it is required. Not a big problem ;)

I noticed another thing.. Imoen has an "inscribe scrolls" ability. I thought it was the "Allow mages to scribe memorized spells onto scrolls" component from aTweaks, but it turns out she scribes random spells not present in her spellbook. This is quite a cheat. 

It is not a cheat, it is a regular game feature.

The Sandrah Saga

#4050 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:06 AM

Well, "This feel(i)s like a quite a cheat" is still a thing, as it's NOT in the vanilla game, so ... finding out where it comes from is still requested.

My first throw would be Refinements, Kit Revision, etc things, but as we don't have a weidu.log, I can't say for sure.

Edited by The Imp, 30 July 2017 - 08:09 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4051 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

You mean even in an unmodded game?

#4052 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

The ability exists in an unmodded game. The event that lets Imoen gain it from Tarnesh's spellbook when you grant her to start her mage career, is a mod addition.

Anyway, this discussion should not be held in the BWS thread - BWS has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Roxanne, 30 July 2017 - 08:20 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4053 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

The ability exists in an unmodded game. The event that lets Imoen gain it from Tarnesh's spellbook when you grant her to start her mage career, is a mod addition.

Anyway, this discussion should not be held in the BWS thread - BWS has nothing to do with it.

If I get someone to tell me which mod it is, I go write there :)

#4054 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

How about a party member with a direct connection to the source of all magic?

The Sandrah Saga

#4055 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:28 AM

Since, it *appears* that you know something about it :P Would you be so kind to tell me if there is a way to remove that ability? :)

#4056 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

Since, it *appears* that you know something about it :P Would you be so kind to tell me if there is a way to remove that ability? :)

Use Near Infinity to remove it. Or simply do not use the feature. It does nothing unless you hit the button.

Edited by Roxanne, 30 July 2017 - 08:34 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4057 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:55 AM

How about a party member with a direct connection to the source of all magic?

The above reads: The Sandrah Saga.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4058 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:41 AM

Hello , I am trying to install Enhanced Edition Trilogy in BWS and I have this error during the "TLK merging" process:

TLK merging...
Copying 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[setup-EET.exe] WeiDU version 24200
ERROR: [EET/temp/append.tra] -> [EET/temp] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.create"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [EET core - resource importation], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   1 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      1 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Invalid_argument("String.create")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)

Note: I used modmerge (because I have the GOG versions) and the "Independet Installation Assistant" in BWS

Thanks (and sorry for my bad english)

Edited by Unknow_error, 31 July 2017 - 03:41 AM.

#4059 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:03 AM

Hello , I am trying to install Enhanced Edition Trilogy in BWS and I have this error during the "TLK merging" process:

TLK merging...
Copying 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
[setup-EET.exe] WeiDU version 24200
ERROR: [EET/temp/append.tra] -> [EET/temp] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.create"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [EET core - resource importation], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   1 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      1 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Invalid_argument("String.create")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)

Note: I used modmerge (because I have the GOG versions) and the "Independet Installation Assistant" in BWS

Thanks (and sorry for my bad english)

I linked your report to the EET forum, as this looks more like EET issue rather than BWS.

The Sandrah Saga

#4060 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

Did a mega mod install (no modmerge), everything went fine.