Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4061 -dracul-

-dracul-

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:30 AM

http://gibberlings3....showtopic=28894 Can you take a look at the section concerning the install of both IR revised and 1pp? And what about adding IR revised too, and let bws handle the whole procedure of extracting original IR, overwriting the files, then installing it? Regards

#4062 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:07 AM

Unknow_error, start installation manually via setup-EET.exe. Once the error shows up don't close the window, first go to EET/temp directory and copy following files somewhere outside temp: append.tra, bgee.tra. After doing so please pack them and upload using this site: https://www.sendspace.com/

Post link here.

Edited by K4thos, 31 July 2017 - 07:07 AM.

#4063 -Moloch-

-Moloch-

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

Hello,

I have installed the Tactical version of the BWS for EET with some minor tweaks (no NPC mods and some other minor things, I can go into detail if needed).

Here's the question. I am aware that some recruitable NPCs that are difficult to reach have been relocated to more convenient locations.

For example, Minsc, Edwin, Xzar, Montaron, Garrick, Khalid and Jaheira are all at their standard locations.

Tiax, however, is in Beregost, Eldoth is in the Coast Way.

I cannot find Viconia. According to a video I was she was supposed to be in the Friendly Arm Inn area, to the right of the entrance. She is not there, though.

Nor she is in Peldvale, which is her starting location.

Help?

#4064 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

Hello,

I have installed the Tactical version of the BWS for EET with some minor tweaks (no NPC mods and some other minor things, I can go into detail if needed).

Here's the question. I am aware that some recruitable NPCs that are difficult to reach have been relocated to more convenient locations.

For example, Minsc, Edwin, Xzar, Montaron, Garrick, Khalid and Jaheira are all at their standard locations.

Tiax, however, is in Beregost, Eldoth is in the Coast Way.

I cannot find Viconia. According to a video I was she was supposed to be in the Friendly Arm Inn area, to the right of the entrance. She is not there, though.

Nor she is in Peldvale, which is her starting location.

Help?

Area south of Beregost, NW corner.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4065 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

Unknow_error, start installation manually via setup-EET.exe. Once the error shows up don't close the window, first go to EET/temp directory and copy following files somewhere outside temp: append.tra, bgee.tra. After doing so please pack them and upload using this site: https://www.sendspace.com/

Post link here.

Sorry for making you wait, here are the files:

https://www.sendspac...WlPg7B5gUbPzbFw

Besides, I've realised that the Enhanced Edition Trilogy does not have the option to use it in Spanish in the Big World Setup (when the mod has the traduction, also Dark side of the sword coast and Northern Tales of the sword coast are in spanish too and they do not have the option to use them in spanish in the BWS, why? Are there any problems? )

Thanks and regards.

#4066 -Moloch-

-Moloch-

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

Thank you! That worked.

#4067 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:25 PM

Encountered the dreaded "out of memory" bug in SCS, some components (2 or 3) were skipped. The strange thing is that BWS finished the install without reporting problems. I found out opening the debug file. I will post more details later. Wondering if this corrupted the whole installation (I also read "fatal error").

Edited by Blash2, 01 August 2017 - 04:00 AM.

#4068 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:31 PM

Encountered the dreaded "out of memory" dreaded bug in SCS, some components (2 or 3 were skipped). The strange thing is that BWS finished the install without reporting problems. I found out opening the debug file. I will post more details later. Wondering if this corrupted the whole installation (I also read "fatal error").

BWS would only stop if it cannot continue its own process. If a mod internally recovers and continues, BWS accepts that. There is no monitoring of mod internal processes..

The Sandrah Saga

#4069 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:12 AM

Unknow_error, this was WeiDU file size limit issue. New version that uses Lua instead of WeiDU for reading TLK and preparing TRA file is up on Github. This should fix the problem.

Edited by K4thos, 01 August 2017 - 04:20 AM.

#4070 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:50 AM

Unknow_error, this was WeiDU file size limit issue. New version that uses Lua instead of WeiDU for reading TLK and preparing TRA file is up on Github. This should fix the problem.

Thanks. Do I need to restart all the installion? or just unpack the file in my installation directory and try it? (Does the Enhanced Edition Trilogy need the Big world fixpack? )

By the way, I am updating the translation for Spanish (and maybe for German) of "Dark Side of the Sword Coast" according to the readme "note to translators".When I will have finished it, where do I need to upload the files and send them to you?  (I am asking that because I have the "Sounds" folder from my Ice Wind dale II dubbed in Spanish)

Regards.

Edited by Unknow_error, 01 August 2017 - 05:00 AM.

#4071 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:12 AM

Does the Enhanced Edition Trilogy need the Big world fixpack?

EET itself does not need it but it is required for a number of mods. Details are here http://gibberlings3....opic=27741&hl=.

The Sandrah Saga

#4072 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:21 AM

EET itself does not need it but it is required for a number of mods. Det...
Technically neither the mods need the fixes either, but to use them together, the fixes are required for them to work in the way we* try to get them work ... so fly dino, fly.
*As there can be multiple ways to get mods to work together, the BWS has tried to use the lest amount of interference to get the most mods to work together, but that too can change a lot of things and if someone has better way to do it, we* are open to suggestions.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4073 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:57 AM

Well , I tried it and it  installed successfully  :Bow:

Edited by Unknow_error, 01 August 2017 - 05:57 AM.

#4074 -Moloch-

-Moloch-

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

Sorry, but I have other questions

1) The diamond from Lion's Way, the +1 Ring from Coast Way and the Ring of Wizardry from the Friendly Arm Inn Area disappeared. Does anyone know which mod is or component is responsible for this? It's not the "Remove Unrealistically Helpful Items from Certain Areas" bc I left that unticked before my installation.

2) Rhialto the Marvelous. Is there a way to kill him running away from him like crazy, hoping he does not cast Polymorph on you, Slow you or Confuse you while you do so and wait until he turns into a squirrel? He took his sweet time. I tried Sleep and Command, but he is unaffected by those.

#4075 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

1) The diamond from Lion's Way, the +1 Ring from Coast Way and the Ring of Wizardry from the Friendly Arm Inn Area disappeared. Does anyone know which mod is or component is responsible for this? It's not the "Remove Unrealistically Helpful Items from Certain Areas" bc I left that unticked before my installation.

2) Rhialto the Marvelous. Is there a way to kill him running away from him like crazy, hoping he does not cast Polymorph on you, Slow you or Confuse you while you do so and wait until he turns into a squirrel? He took his sweet time. I tried Sleep and Command, but he is unaffected by those.
1. The Item Revision. It just removes them.
2. Yes, you run away and go back to see what he is doing, and run away... until you see him as a squirrel, and then you kill it and get the item. And if he doesn't turn... just run away and get him later at higher levels, where all the kaboom won't be as deadly.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4076 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:50 AM

Hi. Something spotted to report, I am using BWS for BG2EE

1. Sharteel for SoD shown in the list

2. Drake NPC mod (for BGEE) shown in the list

3. Longer Road still in V1.5.1 which EET is 1.6 already (or it should be available EET only?)

#4077 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

Apart from the already mentioned "out of memory" errors from SCS (components not installed are three), I got this from the debug file (attached here):

ERROR: Invalid_argument("String.sub") in apply_standard_function: inputs were func=immunity_to_opcode, arguments=109 157
ERROR: [M#YDEMON.CRE] -> [override/M#YDEMON.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))
Stopping installation because of error.

Failed to patch M#YDEMON.CRE; error message was Invalid_argument("String.sub")

Failed to patch M#YDEMON.CRE; error message was Invalid_argument("String.sub")

There is no reference to any component, I can't really understand what it means.

I also noticed these are not available for EET install:
Is it possible to add them?

Attached Files

Edited by Blash2, 01 August 2017 - 09:33 AM.

#4078 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

I also noticed these are not available for EET install:
Is it possible to add them?

Just look at the post below the one you quoted. BWS is supposed to support the mods accepted into EET (if technically possible) and not follow own selections.

The Sandrah Saga

#4079 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

Sorry but I didn't understand what you said.. 

Anyway, you know anything about that error?

P.S. Unfinished Business download is unavailable, I attached it here if someone needs it.

Attached Files

Edited by Blash2, 01 August 2017 - 11:02 AM.

#4080 -Moloch-

-Moloch-

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:20 PM

Sorry, but I have another question.

I tried a more complete install (for EET) on another PC, and Region of Terror will not install.

Here's the short version of the debug:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Region Of Terror, v2.1

C:\Games\Baldurs Gate II - Enhanced Edition>
ERROR: [BACKSTAB.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da"))
ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da")
Region Of Terror (Region of Terror) was not installed due to errors.

Now, I googled the problem before posting, and I found the following replies:

1) The mod might not be fully compatible with EET (if so, why is it not marked red)?
2) I only need to install the main file of the mod (but there is only one box to tick, so I don't know what "main" means in that context).

So I am a bit confused.