Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4121 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:16 AM

i) I could list all the mods that I have installed, but it would take quite a long time for you to read. Nevertheless, I can do that if someone has the patience to read it.

Edit: I have installed all the spells and all the kits available, included all Faith and Powers and Might and Guile components, except those that were unticked.

ii) I followed your advice and yes, that component is installed. So... do I have to do a full BWS reinstall to get rid of this, or can I just re-run tweaks anthology?

That weidu.log you just opened is the list of mods/components you have installed.

Post the file (not the contents, the file itself) here, and we may see.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/n0pbag

i) The Jaheira thing may come from the new F&P components. They were released in a new version just a day or so ago and the issue has never been reported before - but this is just a guess. I propose to ask on the F&P forum https://forums.beamd...-divine-caster- about it.

ii) I suggest you live with it. Uninstalling it is not practical and may even ruin your install. When you look at the weidu.log, you will see that in order to remove the gem component, you would need to 1) uninstall in reverse order everything in the log thereafter 2) remove gems 3) re-install the stuff from 1) in forward sequence. With all of SCS in between, there is a high chance of failure, apart from the fact that it will take many hours.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4122 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

The empty spell slot thing is an interaction between some mod and the new spellbook UI. I've seen the bug but I don't fully understand it.

FnP doesn't do anything mechanically different with the spheres or spell slots though, so I doubt it's the source. More like some mod changing the spell table - Tweaks, or perhaps something more exotic. Impossible to say without looking at a list of installed mods.

#4123 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:16 AM

Anybody having problems with Ascension? BWS told me it couldn't extract it, I did it manually and now it says "The mod was not found". This is crazy.

During the previous install, it happened the same thing with Thrown Hammers, but not this time.

Edit: BWS unpacked the wrong folder.. anyway, I unpacked also .gitattributes and .gitignore, that were already present, keeping the biggest ones.. what do they do? Have I screwed anything replacing them? 

Edited by Blash2, 03 August 2017 - 05:20 AM.

#4124 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

I'm making another installation to know which mods work and I've got the next error during the installation of "Faith and powers" :

ERROR: [kitlist.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %r2en_kitlist_44_9%"))
ERROR: Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %r2en_kitlist_44_9%")
Select an installation method below: -> ALL the new kits, the kit selection dialogue, and the sphere system (Faiths and Powers) was not installed due to errors.

My Weidu.log : https://www.sendspace.com/file/oq3tyg

My SETUP-FAITHS_AND_POWERS.DEBUG : https://www.sendspace.com/file/5fol0q

Any ideas?

Edited by Unknow_error, 03 August 2017 - 07:38 AM.

#4125 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

Anybody having problems with Ascension? BWS told me it couldn't extract it, I did it manually and now it says "The mod was not found". This is crazy.

During the previous install, it happened the same thing with Thrown Hammers, but not this time.

Edit: BWS unpacked the wrong folder.. anyway, I unpacked also .gitattributes and .gitignore, that were already present, keeping the biggest ones.. what do they do? Have I screwed anything replacing them? 

gitattributes and .gitignore are files not needed by the game at all. Some modders simply leave all type of garbage on the top level of of their mod folders or (even worse) on the game level where only setup-yyyy.exe ever should be. (Old habbits die hard)

Those files are from github where a lot of mods are hosted and THEY DO NOT BELONG into the downloadable stuff.

It is the same with putting setup-xxxx.tp2 outside your folder.

We talk to deaf ears here. Ah, forget it...

The Sandrah Saga

#4126 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

Thanks Roxanne. Unknow_error, welcome to the "each time a new and inexplicable error" club, lol.

#4127 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

I'm making another installation to know which mods work and I've got the next error during the installation of "Faith and powers" :

ERROR: [kitlist.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %r2en_kitlist_44_9%"))
ERROR: Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %r2en_kitlist_44_9%")
Select an installation method below: -> ALL the new kits, the kit selection dialogue, and the sphere system (Faiths and Powers) was not installed due to errors.

My Weidu.log : https://www.sendspace.com/file/oq3tyg

My SETUP-FAITHS_AND_POWERS.DEBUG : https://www.sendspace.com/file/5fol0q

Any ideas?

Edit: I fixed the error , I opened my kitlist.2da file and I saw that some values for "KITIDS"  were missing (Those values were : 0x000402b , 0x000402c , 0x000402d , I added them and the mod has installed succesfuly)

So I think maybe other mod modified the file...

Edited by Unknow_error, 03 August 2017 - 08:40 AM.

#4128 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

Another error during the installation of "Klatu Tweaks and Fixes", especificaly the component "Drop Equipment on Disintegration":

ERROR: [C#AJ0011.ITM] -> [override/C#AJ0011.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds"))
ERROR: Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds")
Drop Equipment on Disintegration (klatu Tweaks and Fixes) was not installed due to errors

Here is my SETUP-KLATU.DEBUG: https://www.sendspace.com/file/tukead

By the way, I know which mods modified the file Kitlist.2da and didn't put the values in "KITIDS", these mods are: Amber, Yvette and Chloe (in this order).

Edited by Unknow_error, 03 August 2017 - 09:07 AM.

#4129 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:10 AM

Unknow_error, please report all mod related bugs to respective mod topics.

Okey I'll do that.

#4130 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

Another error during the installation of "Klatu Tweaks and Fixes", especificaly the component "Drop Equipment on Disintegration":

ERROR: [C#AJ0011.ITM] -> [override/C#AJ0011.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds"))
Drop Equipment on Disintegration (klatu Tweaks and Fixes) was not installed due to errors

By the way, I know which mods modified the file Kitlist.2da and didn't put the values in "KITIDS", these mods are: Amber, Yvette and Chloe (in this order).

This is from kit.ids of my EET install with those 3 mods

0x402c m#ambkit    >>> Amber
0x402d YxKit     >>>Yvette
0x402e LSHADO  >>> Foundling
0x402f YRKENSAI  >>>Chloe

Most likely (since obviously those mods do a correct install or the forum would be full of reports against them) something went wrong prior to Amber.

Edited by Roxanne, 03 August 2017 - 09:29 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4131 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

Most likely (since obviously those mods do a correct install or the forum would be full of reports against them) something went wrong prior to Amber.

Well , I saw the kitlist.2da in the backup of the mod Elistraee and the values for 'Grizzly_Bear' was missing :

38               LATHANDER_X      25197            25170            25223        CLABPR04         49            0x04000000       3                0x00004015
39               GRIZZLY_BEAR     16119            16119            86479        CLABBEAR         60           0xFFFFFFFF       2
40               OHTYR                   103137           93785            93786             OHTYR            61               0x00004000       3                0x00004028
41               C0ILM                     318218           318219           318220             C0ILMCL          61               0x00000008       6                0x00004029
42               L1VERR                 320565           320565           320566           L1VERR           62               0x40000000       12               0x0000402a

But in the actual Kitlist.2da file from override ( I didn't add that value before):

39                    GRIZZLY_BEAR          16119                 16119                 86479                 CLABBEAR              60                    0x00004000            2                     0x00004027

#4132 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

Well , I saw the kitlist.2da in the backup of the mod Elistraee and the values for 'Grizzly_Bear' was missing :

38               LATHANDER_X      25197            25170            25223        CLABPR04         49            0x04000000       3                0x00004015
39               GRIZZLY_BEAR     16119            16119            86479        CLABBEAR         60           0xFFFFFFFF       2
40               OHTYR                   103137           93785            93786             OHTYR            61               0x00004000       3                0x00004028
41               C0ILM                     318218           318219           318220             C0ILMCL          61               0x00000008       6                0x00004029
42               L1VERR                 320565           320565           320566           L1VERR           62               0x40000000       12               0x0000402a

But in the actual Kitlist.2da file from override ( I didn't add that value before):

39                    GRIZZLY_BEAR          16119                 16119                 86479                 CLABBEAR              60                    0x00004000            2                     0x00004027

If I am not completely mistaken, OHTyr is the last entry from the unmodded game,

The following entries starting with C0ILM (Sirene's Kit) is where modded part starts.

The Sandrah Saga

#4133 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

If I am not completely mistaken, OHTyr is the last entry from the unmodded game,
The following entries starting with C0ILM (Sirene's Kit) is where modded part starts.
Regardless, if it's a modified game or vanilla... hih EE games being vanilla.. anyways, if a mod tries to read this file and fails cause it doesn't have a value assigned to it, the install FAILS, by default without the fix that fixes the value correctly, then the megamod is completely screwed.
Now, if some one could say that to Roxanne as my post won't show up on his/her profile as I have an "ignore" setting in Roxanne's profile. And might as well try to convince Roxanne to remove the setting.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4134 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

If a kit mod isn't properly populating a column of one of the most important .2da files in the game, I think it's fair to say those kits are not EE-compatible.

Faiths & Powers *needs* to read to the value in the 9th column of that file. Kits that don't include a value in that column *will* cause problems.

Of course the fl#add_kit_ee code is up on Github for everyone to see and use, so it is child's play to update those kit mods to work properly...

EDIT - this might also be something to mention to Wisp over on the Weidu forum... a READ_2DA_ENTRY on a nonexistent column fails the entire installation, whereas I could see an argument that it should simply read a zero or null value in that case, and move on.

But in any event, there's not much I can do here...

Edited by subtledoctor, 03 August 2017 - 11:58 AM.

#4135 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:06 PM

If a kit mod isn't properly populating a column of one of the most important .2da files in the game, I think it's fair to say those kits are not EE-compatible.
Yeah, too bad the GRIZZLY_BEAR kit in the EE games is then non EE compatible ! Cause it's just featured in it.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4136 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

Weird thing considering The Imp is right - GRIZZLY_BEAR is BG2:EE vanilla kit and he doesn't have that last column entry. I can set -1 for him in EET but this shouldn't cause error if the mod installs fine in BG2:EE where exactly the same problematic kit is present.

1. Loop through each row that contains at least 9 columns:

COUNT_2DA_ROWS 9 "cntrow"
    FOR (i = 1; i < cntrow; i = i + 1) BEGIN
        READ_2DA_ENTRY i colNumber 9 "variable"
        //and so forth
    END

2. Or add missing column entries yourself before your mod starts patching it:

COPY_EXISTING ~KITLIST.2DA~ ~override~
    PRETTY_PRINT_2DA
    READ_2DA_ENTRY 1 0 1 "default_value"
    REPLACE_EVALUATE ~^\([^ ]+[ ]+[^ ]+[ ]+.+\)$~ BEGIN
        INNER_PATCH_SAVE MATCH1 ~%MATCH1%~ BEGIN
            COUNT_REGEXP_INSTANCES ~[ ]+~ num_matches
            WHILE (num_matches < 9) BEGIN
                REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~$~ ~ %default_value%~
                SET num_matches = num_matches + 1
            END
        END
    END ~%MATCH1%~
    PRETTY_PRINT_2DA

above code uses WHILE loop to add as many missing entries as needed. You can adopt it to other files you patch - just change that "9" value to the amount of required columns (you can even make the code work universally for all 2da files if you add COUNT_2DA_COLS at the beginning and use that value instead of fixed one). That first PRETTY_PRINT_2DA in above code is required (otherwise regexp could have problem with detecting rows and entries correctly).

edit: code updated with default value reading directly from 2da.

Edited by K4thos, 04 August 2017 - 07:21 PM.

#4137 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

Weird thing considering The Imp is right - GRIZZLY_BEAR is BG2:EE vanilla kit and he don't have that last column entry. I can set -1 for him in EET but this shouldn't cause error if the mod installs fine in ...
Set it as 0x00004027, that's should be the correct one. The reason why the EE doesn't have it set as that, is that when it was made, the the WEIDU.exe didn't have the correct gen's fl#add_kit_ee.
Or make a function that reads the kit.ids file and inserts the ids number from there to this file on the go.

Yeah, the chars kit is a mod created, not original EE creator one. And it works correctly in_game_enviroment without fixing the .2da. As does my kit too, as it's not a CHARGEN one.

Edited by The Imp, 03 August 2017 - 12:56 PM.

#4138 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

Faiths & Powers *needs* to read to the value in the 9th column of that file. Kits that don't include a value in that column *will* cause problems.

Of course the fl#add_kit_ee code is up on Github for everyone to see and use, so it is child's play to update those kit mods to work properly...

EDIT - this might also be something to mention to Wisp over on the Weidu forum... a READ_2DA_ENTRY on a nonexistent column fails the entire installation, whereas I could see an argument that it should simply read a zero or null value in that case, and move on.

This is from my current install

Sources for empty column 9 in KITLIST.2DA:
AAAAA  VANILLA GAME SoD Grizzly Bear (Wilson)
00000: ~EILISTRAEE/SETUP-EILISTRAEE.TP2~ 0 0 // Eilistraee's Song: 3.4 BWP Fix
00001: ~AMBER/SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ 0 0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA: v4 BWP Fix
00002: ~YVETTE/SETUP-YVETTE.TP2~ 0 0 // Yvette Romance - BG2 Romance Character: 2.0_Isaya BWP Fix
00003: ~FOUNDLING/FOUNDLING.TP2~ 0 0 // Foundling: Between the Shades: v.BETA1 BWP Fix
00014: ~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ 0 10 // Revised High Level Abilities -> Install revised HLAs for all classes: beta 4.09  >>>adds 3 cases

I have not installed *pure* kitmods, so such are NPC/content mods adding kits only.

Edited by Roxanne, 03 August 2017 - 12:49 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4139 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, too bad the GRIZZLY_BEAR kit in the EE games is then non EE compatible ! Cause it's just featured in it.

Good catch, Imp!  Yeah, it looks like Beamdog is shipping BG2EE with a malformed kitlist.2da.  Where is the facepalm emoji?

I've updated FnP to v0.71c which includes a quick and dirty workaround fixing this for the GRIZZLY_BEAR kit... but only that kit, and if some other more or EET goes and fixes it, than my fix might break it again (but only for mods that come after FnP :P )

k4thos thanks for the code... the 1st suggestion won't work, even READing a blank 2da entry causes Weidu to bomb out.  I need to wrap my head around what exactly the 2nd suggestion is doing, then I'll see about adding it to the mod.

Roxanne, as far as I'm concerned any mods that add kits need to do so properly, whether they bill themselves as a "kit mod" or an "NPC mod."  Interesting that Refinements is on your list... I didn't think it was adding any more kits these days.  Who is currently maintaining that mod again?  :P

Edited by subtledoctor, 03 August 2017 - 02:10 PM.

#4140 Moloch.

Moloch.
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:39 AM

Well, here's a new bug. I have arrived in Nashkel and rested inside the local inn. No dream, no new powers. Since then, I've rested several times in Beregost, in Nashkel and at the Friendly Arm Inn. Still nothing. My weidu log is still https://www.sendspace.com/file/n0pbag.

Has anyone seen this bug before?