Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4541 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:54 AM

Hello, how can I enter section in beregost? (Dark Horizons) I found that note south of FAI from the guy I have to kill, davenport maybe, but the house is empy and no enterance.

Do xou have the key from Davenport that was with the letter?

yes I have both

#4542 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:01 AM

Hello, how can I enter section in beregost? (Dark Horizons) I found that note south of FAI from the guy I have to kill, davenport maybe, but the house is empy and no enterance.

Do xou have the key from Davenport that was with the letter?

yes I have both

check extended answer above

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4543 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:43 AM

check extended answer above

Aka just type this into the console:

C:GetGlobal("CmDavenportFight","GLOBAL")

I did this just to make it a bit cleaner...no page shifting ... console searching, but an actual request.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4544 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:55 AM

Hello, isnt viconia supposed to give me piece of cloth after I rescue her?

#4545 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

Not in the vanilla game, so that's part of a mod ... probably.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4546 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:05 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 18 January 2018 - 01:06 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4547 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:35 AM

I have accepted her and kicked from party maybe :D so I have to take her and keep her.. okay thanks .)

#4548 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:24 AM

I have accepted her and kicked from party maybe :D so I have to take her and keep her.. okay thanks .)

I would be interested in your view, because I have considered (and covered) the cases where

- you rescue her but do not recruit her.

- you rescue her and let her join, where I assumed that you would keep her at least long enough to get the banter with Sandrah (about one game day, so not really that long).

I have not covered the case where you let her join and kick out before the two women can have the talk. I may add that but it would feel *artificial*...you let her join for half an hour and kick her out again(?).

The Sandrah Saga

#4549 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:46 AM

So I have messed some quest then?

#4550 -Guts-

-Guts-

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:57 AM

Is there a way to make the Multiclass Multikits work in a big non EE BGT install?  As far as I know, it asks for some files that some big mods change or delete in order to introduce their own changes and thus won't work

#4551 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:58 AM

So I have messed some quest then?

Depends if you have sent Viconia to an inn to wait for you or not.

Just in case:

C:CreateItem("Sanwi1")

The Sandrah Saga

#4552 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:55 AM

Thanks, btw in mine start again game shar-teel again challenges dorn to duel.. they again stand.. but I accidentaly save game, so I reload and they finally start fight :) so if anyone else experiences  this bug.. just save and reload might fix that.

#4553 Februarius

Februarius
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

Hi,

can someone please explain why some of the quest mods are by default completely unchecked with EET, BWS max selection?

E.g. Tales of Deep Gardens, Innershade, White Queen, Assassinations etc.

Mod letters are in green colour, check boxes are light gray.

I found this comment on BWS page:  Gray background - mod must be downloaded manually to BiG World Downloads folder

Is this the reason, or there is some conflict betweent this mods and the rest of the instalation?

#4554 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

Hi,

can someone please explain why some of the quest mods are by default completely unchecked with EET, BWS max selection?

E.g. Tales of Deep Gardens, Innershade, White Queen, Assassinations etc.

Mod letters are in green colour, check boxes are light gray.

I found this comment on BWS page:  Gray background - mod must be downloaded manually to BiG World Downloads folder

Is this the reason, or there is some conflict betweent this mods and the rest of the instalation?

Those mods should all download automatically, that gray background does not refer to check boxes.

Almost all mods in EET are unchecked mods. As was elaborated elsewhere already,, there is not really any meaningful pre-selection of mod compilations for EET yet. It took many years for old BGT to establish them. EET is still young and the mods added to it are changing fast.

Any known conflicts or dependencies are indicated after you do your mod selection, otherwise chose them as you like,

At this point to provide too much pre-selection would mean that you do a lot of manual editing of your selection list anyway OR you just chose am install type and miss many mods. It would be best to remove the options for install type and pre-selection for EET and just have free choice but sadly the outdated software of BWS does not provide this flexibility.

Edited by Roxanne, 18 January 2018 - 02:48 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4555 Februarius

Februarius
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:14 AM

Hi, thanks for detailed explanation. I will select mods manually as you suggested. 

Can you please give comment on state of quest mods, especially big mods. I read in other threads that most of them have been updated and toned for EET use. 

Does this mean that I will avoid having bunch of overpowered items in my playthrough? In this regard should I avoid any of the big mods? 

Also what about ROT (you recommend to use it with Sandrah Saga)? In BWS it is marked with red colour. Does this mean it still has bugs and I should avoid it? Appreciate your help.

Edited by Februarius, 19 January 2018 - 06:15 AM.

#4556 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:04 AM

Hi, thanks for detailed explanation. I will select mods manually as you suggested. 

Can you please give comment on state of quest mods, especially big mods. I read in other threads that most of them have been updated and toned for EET use. 

Does this mean that I will avoid having bunch of overpowered items in my playthrough? In this regard should I avoid any of the big mods? 

Also what about ROT (you recommend to use it with Sandrah Saga)? In BWS it is marked with red colour. Does this mean it still has bugs and I should avoid it? Appreciate your help.

The one mod that still has a number of overpowered items is Dark Horizons even if completely playable and bug free in EET. I played it several times and just leave most of the loot on the ground.

I have successfully tested all the big BG1 mods in EET, Askavar, the Vault, Bone Hill, Drizzt Saga, DSotSC. Until now I have only used the NTotSC interim version for EET and it works fine. There is a new improved version under test but I cannot comment on that one as I have not yet used it.

I have also tested and played all the big BG2 mods listed for EET( except for Fishing for Trouble) and found them improved very much in their EET version.

RoT is still red in BWS since there was no feedback yet from other players except the ones who did the conversion. It does not mean that it has bugs or problems, it just means that we do not know. We just should have some feedback from neutral players.

In BWS, all new mods enter in the red state, and the very big converted mods in this context are considered *new* due to the large amount of changes done to them.

Anyway, my personal assessment is that you can safely use all of them as you will always find support for troubleshooting in case there are any yet unknown issues with the mods. The advantage of the converted mods is that the maintainers of the new versions are still around.

The Sandrah Saga

#4557 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:33 AM

we cant forget another big BG1 & BG2 mods right? Sandrah NPC and Return to Faerun :D

#4558 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:45 AM

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question, but since it involves a recent BWS install, I thought I'd go ahead and ask.

My recent BGEE EET BWS install was showing some minor stuttering when my characters were walking, so I decided to run the generalized biffing mod.  It did not help, though, and I eventually fixed the stuttering by going into my game options, and under the Graphics settings I activated "Alternate Renderer".

Well, after installing generalized biffing, my game has now developed an irritating problem.  When moving my party of characters from one map area to another, the game will sometimes freeze, requiring me to restart my computer and then restart BGEE EET in order to fix the problem.  This is starting to happen more and more often, so is getting very irritating.

I've since learned from online posts that Generalized biffing is not really required for Enhanced Edition games, and may in fact cause problems

I am currently in Chapter 5 of BGEE EET.  Is it possible and safe for me to uninstall/remove Generalized Biffing to see if that will fix my game freezing when moving between map areas, or am I just stuck with the existing biffing situation?

Thanks.

"My wife says I have the body of a God - Buddha!"

#4559 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question, but since it involves a recent BWS install, I thought I'd go ahead and ask.

My recent BGEE EET BWS install was showing some minor stuttering when my characters were walking, so I decided to run the generalized biffing mod.  It did not help, though, and I eventually fixed the stuttering by going into my game options, and under the Graphics settings I activated "Alternate Renderer".

Well, after installing generalized biffing, my game has now developed an irritating problem.  When moving my party of characters from one map area to another, the game will sometimes freeze, requiring me to restart my computer and then restart BGEE EET in order to fix the problem.  This is starting to happen more and more often, so is getting very irritating.

I've since learned from online posts that Generalized biffing is not really required for Enhanced Edition games, and may in fact cause problems

I am currently in Chapter 5 of BGEE EET.  Is it possible and safe for me to uninstall/remove Generalized Biffing to see if that will fix my game freezing when moving between map areas, or am I just stuck with the existing biffing situation?

Thanks.

I can confirm your analysis, i.e. biffing is not required for EE and if there is stuttering, the source is elsewhere.

I have also found that there is an issue with biffed area graphic files (and worldmap) since the tis and corresponding pvrz files used in EE may be stored in different biffs and the game has trouble with the association.

At this point I have uninstalled biffing in my game successfully and solved the problem. The issue is that I did that very long time ago, when EET was new, the game was on an earlier version etc. I made no notes of the events, so it is all from memory. I cannot remember if the repair worked on saved games or whether i needed to restart. I would however expect, that it is worth a try. The graphic files etc are not stored in the saves, so chances are good. If I were you, I would try it rather than continue with a bugged game, it will not get better.

The Sandrah Saga

#4560 Februarius

Februarius
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

Hi, question regarding world map. By default in BWS, world map for BGT is selected. Do I have to uncheck this to have EET version of the world map? I clould't find option for EET version in BWS. Also, in EET map thread I read that RoT has problems with EET worldmap. Is this still the case and it is better to have BGT map version with RoT installed?

Edited by Februarius, 20 January 2018 - 10:29 AM.