Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4761 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:39 PM

I am global moderator at Kerzenburgforum. I think it's a friendly and helpful community. Hm, I would rather guess that your internet provider might be on a blacklist, then. If it was some kind of automated reply upon your first attempt to register, there are still more ways to go. If it is the end of a conversation with the admins, then I'd understand your 10.000 gold book comment. (I still think the comment is funny, considering Kerzenburg *is* Candlekeep in German. I just don't think the community deserves to be depicted as closed or arrogant or somesuch.)

This must be a very single blacklist as I am not blocked from any other site in the world, nor is half of my country that uses Spark.

Anyway, yes, my rusty German translates Kerzenburg to Candlekeep, makes it sound like some Grimm's castle.

Actually all I wanted to say is that I cannot make any reports there, so the person I tried to help has to figure it out himself. Unless you do,

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4762 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:39 PM

I am global moderator at Kerzenburgforum. I think it's a friendly and helpful community.

Jastey, I've had the same issue few years ago before I changed ISP. Don't remember exact wording in the plug but something about me "being logged through and through for illicit activity". The forum is friendly indeed but its list of banned ISPs is rather on the beyond paranoid side. :whistling:

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#4763 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:14 PM

Not being able in a forum that is not in your native tongue sucks I agree. The black lists are due to heavy spam attacks we had a while back. ALIEN: The forum rules state that the user name has to have a connection to a fantasy or role playing game and shouldn't be a senseless name like a row of letters with numbers. You can either complain about this being too restrictive, or you can approve that this is a rule that leads to a forum with users who have names like you would meet inside an RPG. (Makes me wonder how I got my name registered, actually - I guess Jastey makes enough sense namewise not to be recognized as a row of letters, heh.) Do keep in mind that it's a German forum. Laws for that here is that you either assure a 24 hours moderation or you make the rules strict. Since we all are private persons doing this as a hobby, it's the latter or the forum has to be closed, because the admins are not interested in being taken to court.

#4764 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:47 PM

Not being able in a forum that is not in your native tongue sucks I agree. The black lists are due to heavy spam attacks we had a while back. ALIEN: The forum rules state that the user name has to have a connection to a fantasy or role playing game and shouldn't be a senseless name like a row of letters with numbers. You can either complain about this being too restrictive, or you can approve that this is a rule that leads to a forum with users who have names like you would meet inside an RPG. (Makes me wonder how I got my name registered, actually - I guess Jastey makes enough sense namewise not to be recognized as a row of letters, heh.) Do keep in mind that it's a German forum. Laws for that here is that you either assure a 24 hours moderation or you make the rules strict. Since we all are private persons doing this as a hobby, it's the latter or the forum has to be closed, because the admins are not interested in being taken to court.

Ha, I found you out! The true leader of Candlekeep.

You are in area ar2608 at 255.761, I always knew she was the true boss at Candlekeep (Kerzenburg) Just check her dialogue:

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#4765 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:05 AM

Haha, true leader of Candleceep, I wish. I don't even success to participate in funding the Kerzenburgforum because the admins insist on paying it alone.

#4766 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:09 AM

Ascalon's Questpack updates to v2.02 is now directly compatible with BG:EE, BGT, Tutu(TotSC), BGII:EE, BGII, and EET. It adds quests to both parts of the game.

Link from GitHub: https://github.com/G...releases/latest

Link from official download site: https://kerzenburg.b...loads.php?id=77

#4767 Tamas

Tamas
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:30 AM

Hi,

I'm having a Problem with Breagar and EET. He does not appear in Candlekeep as he should...

With a big install I noticed this behaviour. So I did try a minimal EET install only with Breagar and worldmap. He is still not there.

WeiDU.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-WEIDU.TP2~ #0 #0 // 24300
~SETUP-BWS.TP2~ #0 #0 // 20161130 - Updated by agb1 (installation started 19.02.2018)
~ACBRE/SETUP-ACBRE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Breagar: Inhalte: 7.00
~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET core - resource importation: 1.0 RC9.2
~ACBRE/SETUP-ACBRE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Breagar: Crossmods und PID: 7.00
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons: v10.2.2
~EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET end - last mod in install order
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-BWS_FINAL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Make quick-logged WeiDU-entries visible

#4768 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:31 AM

I don't understand your weidu.log. Why is

after the installation of Breagar?

Breagar version 7.00 is to be installed to the EET folder after EET is created. I just did a quick install with my EET and Breagar is in Candlekeep Inn.

Also as a side note: the BP-Worldmapmod is no longer needed in EET for Breagar v7.00.

#4769 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:50 AM

It's not that you don't understand it, it's that the failure is indeed there in the literal spot.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4770 -Perkele1-

-Perkele1-

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:18 AM

@Roxanne alright then. I thought I saw some comment that textpack was now integrated in fixpack on github or something like that. My bad. Thanks for update of Jarl in BWS.

@Jastey thanks for updating those awesome questmods!

#4771 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:35 AM

Breagar version 7.00 is to be installed to the EET folder after EET is created. I just did a quick install with my EET and Breagar is in Candlekeep Inn.

Also as a side note: the BP-Worldmapmod is no longer needed in EET for Breagar v7.00.

I think I found the mistake. It is my error. Breagar appeared twice in EET sequence. I made the new entry after EET but forgot to remove the pre-EET entry in the install sequence.

BWS will be corrected immediately.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the report!

The Sandrah Saga

#4772 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:27 AM

Thank you for your continuous support in this regard! I am relieved it's not the mod's fault.

Perkele1 thank you for your kind words.

#4773 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

Is there any way to add the Dragonspear UI if you left it out of the BWS selection?

#4774 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

Is there any way to add the Dragonspear UI if you left it out of the BWS selection?

Just install it manually after BWS finished. With UI mods there should be no problem provided you have no other UI mod already.

Edited by Roxanne, 19 February 2018 - 09:29 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4775 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:38 AM

Just install it manually after BWS finished. With UI mods there should be no problem provided you have no other UI mod already.

Well that particular UI's installer seems to be BGEE only so i'm guessing that there isn't a good workaround.

Edited by Quorwyf, 19 February 2018 - 09:38 AM.

#4776 -Perkele1-

-Perkele1-

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:45 PM

Lavas latest version of "Southern Edge" is now compatible with BGT! I just read this. Can this be added in BWS?

#4777 Tamas

Tamas
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:02 AM

I think I found the mistake. It is my error. Breagar appeared twice in EET sequence. I made the new entry after EET but forgot to remove the pre-EET entry in the install sequence.

Thanks for your support!

#4778 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:41 AM

Thanks for your support!

Does it work now? The error did not show up in BWS unless you really did a complete install, that is why it was missed in the first place.

The Sandrah Saga

#4779 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:52 PM

Does it matter if EET_end is not last in the install order if the Weidu.log shows it as installed? If I install more mods do I need to re-run EET_end? I was planning on installing a few more things then running EET_end and I noticed that BWS installed 9 mods after it.

#4780 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:35 PM

Does it matter if EET_end is not last in the install order if the Weidu.log shows it as installed? If I install more mods do I need to re-run EET_end? I was planning on installing a few more things then running EET_end and I noticed that BWS installed 9 mods after it.

It depends on the type/contents of the mods you install.

Generally mods that contain NPCs, dialogues, dialogue interjects or scripts that trigger plots/dialogues etc need to be installed prior EET_end. However, if it is tweaks, portraits, GUI mods then you can just put them after EET_end.

If in doubt, just ask and we will find out.

The Sandrah Saga