Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4781 -Perkele1-

-Perkele1-

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:40 AM

I got a request for the Fixpack. The G3 Anniversary mod does currently not install on either EE or BGT. You can see why here: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=26504 and also here: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=27712

In the first link, Wisp says it only happens on EE, but I just tried it on BGT and it failed with the same error there also. In the second link, agb1 says he has fixpacked it, but it does not seem to be true. I looked at fixpack at github and I can't find any such thing, and as I say it doesn't seem to be applied since it just failed on me with fixpack applied.

It should be fixpacked because:

1. Already Wisp and agb1 has reported it in the proper forum, years back.

2. It's a clear bug with a clear solution (provided by both Wisp and agb1 in links above)

3. It's already said to be fixpacked, but in reality is not.

Roxanne?

#4782 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:36 AM

I got a request for the Fixpack. The G3 Anniversary mod does currently not install on either EE or BGT. You can see why here: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=26504 and also here: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=27712

In the first link, Wisp says it only happens on EE, but I just tried it on BGT and it failed with the same error there also. In the second link, agb1 says he has fixpacked it, but it does not seem to be true. I looked at fixpack at github and I can't find any such thing, and as I say it doesn't seem to be applied since it just failed on me with fixpack applied.

It should be fixpacked because:

1. Already Wisp and agb1 has reported it in the proper forum, years back.

2. It's a clear bug with a clear solution (provided by both Wisp and agb1 in links above)

3. It's already said to be fixpacked, but in reality is not.

Roxanne?

I am not sure why you address me here personally, but...

Try this:

Put the attached folder into your game's "BiG World Fixpack" folder so that you have a BiG World Fixpack/g3anniversary

This probably has to be done after BWS has extracted files and prior to starting the actual install.

Attached File  g3anniversary.zip   5.47K   124 downloads

Other possibility is to go to g3anniversary/compile( and open file g3mrsgtu.baf with a text editor and delete the line *Face("G3Drini")* before installing the mod.

Edited by Roxanne, 22 February 2018 - 08:17 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4783 Maanape

Maanape
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:23 AM

I had the same error with Might and Guile in BWS. I checked the code and realized it was due to a kit installed previously called Grizzly Bear, which had the last entry duplicated in kitlist.2da, effectively creating a new column. I deleted the duplicated kitids and Might and Guile installed properly.

#4784 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:31 AM

Does it matter if EET_end is not last in the install order if the Weidu.log shows it as installed? If I install more mods do I need to re-run EET_end? I was planning on installing a few more things then running EET_end and I noticed that BWS installed 9 mods after it.

It depends on the type/contents of the mods you install.

Generally mods that contain NPCs, dialogues, dialogue interjects or scripts that trigger plots/dialogues etc need to be installed prior EET_end. However, if it is tweaks, portraits, GUI mods then you can just put them after EET_end.

If in doubt, just ask and we will find out.

Speaking of which,

I have just installed an EET version of BG1-BG2 with all the big mods but BWS didn't include your Chloe-EET mod.  I had to install it at the very end, so after EET-End, with a few other NPC mods. In the case of Chloe, does it matter?

And, while I am here, Sandrah mod provides a lot of crossmod banters but some of the NPC mods you refer to haven't been turned into EET-compatible versions - I guess. Does it mean that the banters have been provided in the case of an hypothetical conversion?

Thanks in advance

#4785 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:48 AM

Speaking of which,

I have just installed an EET version of BG1-BG2 with all the big mods but BWS didn't include your Chloe-EET mod.  I had to install it at the very end, so after EET-End, with a few other NPC mods. In the case of Chloe, does it matter?

And, while I am here, Sandrah mod provides a lot of crossmod banters but some of the NPC mods you refer to haven't been turned into EET-compatible versions - I guess. Does it mean that the banters have been provided in the case of an hypothetical conversion?

Thanks in advance

1. Chloe should work fine but those *with a few other NPC mods* might not. Chloe is a special case because I made the ToB extension with EET already in mind, so the mod itself already does what EET_end does for others.

Just the Sandrah/Chloe contents will be missing because it is contained in the Sandrah mod and does not install if Chloe was not found by her install.

2. The original Sandrah mod was for BGT until EET was released much later. That crossmod is tested ans valid addition and would install for any mod that gets converted. You can even use it (like I do) if you do your private conversion of a missing mod and install it (of course prior to Sandrah). Otherwise it waits until official EET-compatible versions are published.,

The Sandrah Saga

#4786 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

I had the same error with Might and Guile in BWS. I checked the code and realized it was due to a kit installed previously called Grizzly Bear, which had the last entry duplicated in kitlist.2da, effectively creating a new column. I deleted the duplicated kitids and Might and Guile installed properly.

Grizzly Bear is the official kit entry made for Wilson. It is vanilla contents.

The Sandrah Saga

#4787 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:02 AM

Speaking of which,

Thanks in advance

1. Chloe should work fine but those *with a few other NPC mods* might not. Chloe is a special case because I made the ToB extension with EET already in mind, so the mod itself already does what EET_end does for others.

Just the Sandrah/Chloe contents will be missing because it is contained in the Sandrah mod and does not install if Chloe was not found by her install.

2. The original Sandrah mod was for BGT until EET was released much later. That crossmod is tested ans valid addition and would install for any mod that gets converted. You can even use it (like I do) if you do your private conversion of a missing mod and install it (of course prior to Sandrah). Otherwise it waits until official EET-compatible versions are published.,

Thanks a lot.

I'm glad to hear that Chloe will work except for a few lines.

Regarding the other NPC mods, when I said  "a few" I should have written "very, very few"; so if they don't work it's no big deal.

#4788 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:07 AM

Thanks a lot.

Regarding the other NPC mods, when I said  "a few" I should have written "very, very few"; so if they don't work it's no big deal.

NPC mods working will also depend on whether they are for BG1 or BG2 or if they have ToB content.

Chloe and Sandrah have more than a few lines, but nothing essential for each other's quests, it is a separate story.

The Sandrah Saga

#4789 -SOGDIANE-

-SOGDIANE-

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:18 AM

Thanks a lot.

NPC mods working will also depend on whether they are for BG1 or BG2 or if they have ToB content.

Chloe and Sandrah have more than a few lines, but nothing essential for each other's quests, it is a separate story.

"more than a few lines"  - I would have bet.

As a matter of fact, I have two (or three) more, which have been designed either for BG1 EE or BG2 EE

#4790 -Perkele1-

-Perkele1-

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:31 PM

@Roxanne

Well, I ask you because you seem to be the only one willing to help with BWS stuff :) thanks so much for the files! You're a lifesaver. May I ask why these aren't in the fixpack currently? It seems to have been there earlier? Just curious, that's all.

Btw, The Lure of the Sirines Call has been updated and BWS fetches the previous version. New link should be: http://mods.pocketpl...nesCall_v15.zip (version 15)

#4791 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:50 PM

@Roxanne

Well, I ask you because you seem to be the only one willing to help with BWS stuff :) thanks so much for the files! You're a lifesaver. May I ask why these aren't in the fixpack currently? It seems to have been there earlier? Just curious, that's all.

Btw, The Lure of the Sirines Call has been updated and BWS fetches the previous version. New link should be: http://mods.pocketpl...nesCall_v15.zip (version 15)

Mh, this is exactly the link that BWS uses for Sirens.

For the g3 mod, from your links it looks like the issue is reported to the mod owners and is due to be fixed there.

Spoiler

Probably the fix was prepared but not uploaded due to open discussion. (Looks like it was never resolved in the mod, according to your links?)

Edited by Roxanne, 22 February 2018 - 01:59 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4792 -konva-

-konva-

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:03 PM

hello, just a noob question :D when I have EET installed, is BGEE with SoD playable unmodded or I have to reinstall it? :D

#4793 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

hello, just a noob question :D when I have EET installed, is BGEE with SoD playable unmodded or I have to reinstall it? :D

You mean the BGEE you used for input to the EET and that you still have on your compiter? Or the BG1 part of your EET install?

You can run the first like the original game still. Using baldur.exe in the BGEE.

You start the sexond with baldur.exe in BG2EE and getting the EET menu and then selecting campaign Baldur's Gate.

The first one ends with SoD, It has all the mods you installed for EET prior export (https://rawgit.com/K...ility-List.html) - the mods from the first category you have chosen.

The second continues with the transition scene into Irenicus Dungeon.

The Sandrah Saga

#4794 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:52 PM

The BG1 + SoD part without mods

#4795 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

The BG1 + SoD part without mods

The way that EET works does not leave you with a BGEE+SoD without mods. unless you have no mod selected that appears in the first category of the link I gave you above.

This is how EET roughly works.

1) Some (old, non-complianr) mods are installed on BGEE (those from the first category of the list above) Note that this is a fixed list of mods that EET recognises and converts itself.

2) EET imports the modded BGEE and converts resources to be integrated with the BG2EE resources

3) The mods selected for BG2EE AND such BG1 mods that are EET compliant are installed. (Some of them after BWFixpack patcjing) This list is dynamic and growing steadily with more EET-compliant mods.

4) EET_end is run to handle dialogues and scripts added in step 3 and where necessary merge them (especially for NPCs or mods that cover both games, e.g. continuous NPCs)

Note that more general mods e,g kit/spell/item mods or tweaks like SCS or might and guile etc are installed only once, i.e.on BG2EE, but they nevertheless apply for the whole game, since what you finally use to play the game is the one you have inside BG2EE when the whole process has finished.

Some NPC mods like Breagar, Gavin, Rose or Sandrah are completely installed on BG2EE even though they later appear as well during BG1 chapters. (You will not find them when you use the BGEE game.)

Edited by Roxanne, 23 February 2018 - 02:15 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4796 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

ahh okay thanks for explaination :)

#4797 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:05 PM

Is there a way to install Saerileth in EET?

#4798 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:35 AM

Not without converting it first.

At a quick glance, it needs charset addition, dialogue conversion, script updates, and some additions for area graphics and items. Journal entries need to be extracted and converted.

Just running EET conversion tool may allow you to install it but you will find multiple issues in game.

You can either

- trigger the original author to make it compatible

- obtain permission from the author to allow others to make a conversion

- make your own private conversion with the tool you find in the EET downloads and then use e.g. NI to correct the remaining issues you will certainly find in play.

The Sandrah Saga

#4799 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:06 AM

At a quick glance, it needs charset addition, dialogue conversion, script updates, and some additions for area graphics and items. Journal entries need to be extracted and converted.

Just running EET conversion tool may allow you to install it but you will find multiple issues in game.

You can either

- make your own private conversion with the tool you find in the EET downloads and then use e.g. NI to correct the remaining issues you will certainly find in play.

I see. What about Rjali? It looks like the modder did some things with EET compatibility in mind but it wouldn't install until I ran it through the converter.

#4800 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:12 AM

You can either

I see. What about Rjali? It looks like the modder did some things with EET compatibility in mind but it wouldn't install until I ran it through the converter.

If neither BWS nor this list https://rawgit.com/K...ility-List.html has it for EET, chances are that it is not compatible. (Sometimes modders declare EET compatibility even when this is not really the case just because the mod installs on EET - the errors later appear in game only.)

The Sandrah Saga