Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

This app is now obsolete. Furthermore, no one should really try to contribute anymore because the process is very time-consuming and ineffective. All you contributions will be outdated after a month or two when mods internal structure will change. If you want to use something which will never be outdated (at the price of few user actions required) try this: https://forums.beamd...beta-for-all/p1

-----

I will start without much prefaces.
I finally managed to upgrade the BWS to fit the latest version of BWP (thanks to Dabus for help and advice, without which I could never do that). I had little time to test the new program, so not all the conflicts and dependencies can be configured correctly, but I hope for your help. ;)

Download

download link updated due to request of current BWS maintainer

Outdated download link to bitbucket: Download

Edited by jastey, 11 July 2019 - 02:39 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

What the...

Who the...

How the...

Ouh, home, such a lovely place,

Never mind...

THANKS !

Will try at some point.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yes, thank you! I see the German descriptions of the new mods is still missing, we will provide them soon/eventually.

The linklist is being updated currently, I'll let you know when it's safe to activate the auto-update.

#4 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Great !

#5 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hey I wish you'd finished it like 2 weeks sooner so that I won't spend my efforts doing the same, but at a slower pace! :lol:

Congrats on great work, hope it would be as cool as old one! :cheers: Can't wait to play BWS 13.0 actually :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#6 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Will test today!

#7 Mythrantar

Mythrantar
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Many thanks for updating BWS, however I ran into a problem: I unzipped the program in a new folder and ran it, however when I click on the icon to select mods, I get the attached error message when the program is building the dependencies table. Thanks for looking into this!

Attached Images

• error message.jpg

Edited by Mythrantar, 16 September 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#8 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Many thanks for updating BWS, however I ran into a problem: I unzipped the program in a new folder and ran it, however when I click on the icon to select mods, I get the attached error message when the program is building the dependencies table. Thanks for looking into this!

I get the same exact problem.

#9 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Erhm, what compilations are you using ? Or any more info you can give...

And I would suggest that you extract the files to an non-auto protected folders like C:\BWP\BWS\ ... while the game is in: C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\ ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#10 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

The error happens on the complation selection screen. All of them give the same error.

My game folder is just like you said, not in an auto-protected folder.

After the error is produced, the program closes.

#11 Mythrantar

Mythrantar
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Yes, it doesn't matter what compilation I use, or which folder.

#12 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

Exactly the same error here, I'm afraid.

Edited by Creepin, 16 September 2013 - 09:14 PM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#13 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

Sorry. Temporarily removed the Branwen mod that caused the error.
Try again.

#14 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Success! Much appreciated, Quiet! Will commence installation testing.

#15 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hmm ... I returned back the Branwen mod to the select list and it works fine for me.

I see the German descriptions of the new mods is still missing, we will provide them soon/eventually.

Would be great.

The linklist is being updated currently, I'll let you know when it's safe to activate the auto-update.

Thank you, I'll wait. )

#16 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

Minimal Installation worked flawlessly.

#17 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

PM me if I need to edit Branwen. Maybe her mod name is too long for the program/LANGUAGE variable is missing because she's not translated?

#18 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

Thank you Quiet for update!

I support Alien's suggestion for putting BWS on some repo site, naturally, if Dabus agree with it.

And may I have a suggestion for program:

How about that every mod has some template (html or...), when I click on them, with longer description, component list, readme, forum & website links and list of all authors of mod?

Every mod author can edit its own template, if it is on repo. For dead mods, it wouldn't be hard to extract info from readme's.

#19 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Thanks so very much for the update. Is the bug solved where MINSC.BCS and some other files from Neverending Journey is copied from bwpfixpack into the override despite the user not having installed NeJ at all? This caused bugs such as Boo getting removed from Minsc at every start of BG2 for example.

#20 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Kulyok
Now with Branwen mod everything is all right. )

Mad Mate
I'm not a programmer, and did not planing to add anything new to the program.

-Guest-
Not yet, but soon I will try to fix it.