Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2281 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:10 AM

So, why is Tashia Remix (The full version one) still incompatible with Imoen Romance if Imoen Romance got patched to work along with it and not cause conflicts?

It's just because we haven't updated BWS yet today.  Also, Tashia Remix full version is still incompatible with Sandrah, except with Roxanne's patch (which hasn't been tested yet or adopted by the Fixpack).  So I think Tashia full version still remains Expert even though we can now remove the Imoen Romance conflict rule.

Oh thanks, I didn't know it was incompatible with Sandrah, so thanks for clearing that up.

And I wanted to ask, alot of mods have a compatibility patch with Solaufein (The npc mod) why isn't it included in the BWS?

#2282 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:32 AM

So, why is Tashia Remix (The full version one) still incompatible with Imoen Romance if Imoen Romance got patched to work along with it and not cause conflicts?

It's just because we haven't updated BWS yet today.  Also, Tashia Remix full version is still incompatible with Sandrah, except with Roxanne's patch (which hasn't been tested yet or adopted by the Fixpack).  So I think Tashia full version still remains Expert even though we can now remove the Imoen Romance conflict rule.

Oh thanks, I didn't know it was incompatible with Sandrah, so thanks for clearing that up.

And I wanted to ask, alot of mods have a compatibility patch with Solaufein (The npc mod) why isn't it included in the BWS?

Actually it is, section BG2 NPC mods, Weimer's Solaufein NPC.

#2283 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:39 AM

Actually it is, section BG2 NPC mods, Weimer's Solaufein NPC.

I think maybe she means in the BG2EE setup? The components in other mods with Solaufein content (such as the NPC Flirt Pack, Faren NPC, and Nathaniel NPC) are present, but the Solaufein mod itself is not.

Edited by Ser Elryk, 07 January 2016 - 06:49 AM.

#2284 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:57 AM

I see in Weimer-SolaufeinMod-v104.exe's tp2 file some FILE_EXISTS checks for IDS files in the override folder.  If not found, it copies its own versions, which are probably not correct for EE.  Don't you need to use FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME to check for original copies of the IDS files in the game BIFFs?

Spoiler

* Added conflict rule for SPItems #3 vs. Blood of the Martyr mod

Edited by agb1, 07 January 2016 - 07:08 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2285 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

I see in Weimer-SolaufeinMod-v104.exe's tp2 file some FILE_EXISTS checks for IDS files in the override folder.  If not found, it copies its own versions, which are probably not correct for EE.  Don't you need to use FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME to check for original copies of the IDS files in the game BIFFs?
Yep. Actually it's very likely that it's best to remove that and make the mod do this in some other way. For example patch the missing entries in the .ids files if there's even one.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2286 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:31 AM

Spoiler

* Added conflict rule for SPItems #3 vs. Blood of the Martyr mod

This makes no sense as it is the first entry in his tp2 and those files would only be in override if you do a BWS/BWP type of installation and some other mod has already worked on those ids before - otherwise they would be in data or some biff, right? FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME makes no sense as well as those three files always exist.

Sola should just add what he thinks might be missing in those ids and do the check with UNLESS to avoid duplications.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2287 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

Couple of minor things I noticed:

EET Tweaks component #14 - protagonist can die
The selectable options for this component seem a bit broken (weapon shattering etc).

SCS component #4150 - Allow cowled wizards to detect magic casting in doors.
You can select this twice, once it is expert and once it is recommended.

It seems imoen romance mod was updated to a .rar extension.

#2288 -Dream Merchant-

-Dream Merchant-

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:18 AM

I get the following error. As was said above the Imoen Romance is now a rar file. As for the rest.. the link is invalid and the filename on the github repository is different. I downloaded the files manually and renamed them but apparently the size is not the same. I forced the selection manually.. hopefully it works.

why these long filenames are there dunno.. something is not right in any case and since BG1 Unfinished Business is one of these mods (considered to be a 'basic' mode) it kind of sucks...

The following mod(s) could not be downloaded:

Imoen Romance: The Mod itself (Imoen Romance.zip)
Item Revisions: The Mod itself (Gibberlings3-ItemRevisions-v3.0.17-0-gb473a4f.zip)
BG1 NPC Project: The Mod itself (AstroBryGuy-BG1NPC-v22.2_20151212-0-g016e030.zip)
Coran's BG Extended Friendship Talks: The Mod itself (AstroBryGuy-CoranBGFriend-v4-0-g7ec8d6f.zip)
EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) Tweaks: The Mod itself (K4thos-EET_Tweaks-latest-0-gd688cb8.zip)
Thalantyr Item Upgrade: The Mod itself (CrevsDaak-thalan-v4.2.1-0-g2081eb8.zip)
subtledoctor's APR Fix: The Mod itself (subtledoctor-EE_APR_Fix-1.4-0-g1c6057b.zip)
Spell Revisions: The Mod itself (Gibberlings3-SpellRevisions-v.3.1.03-0-gaf7dd39.zip)
Afaaq, the Djinni Companion: The Mod itself (Argent77-DjinniCompanion-v2.1-0-g243e2d2.zip)
BG1 Unfinished Business: The Mod itself (AstroBryGuy-bg1ub-v14.0_beta_151227-0-gfd1c726.zip)
Might and Guile: The Mod itself (subtledoctor-Might_and_Guile-1.6.1-0-g88dc95c.zip)
Scales of Balance: The Mod itself (subtledoctor-Scales_of_Balance-4.3.1-0-gbae0346.zip)

#2289 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:32 AM

Probably the redirect URL we use to get the ''latest GitHub release" for these mods was temporarily down. We are looking into alternatives.

* BWS:  Improved some text for English user interface
* Updated new Imoen Romance 3.2 download link to rar file
* Removed old Imoen Romance 1.202 from BWS

Edited by agb1, 08 January 2016 - 04:43 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2290 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:55 PM

During installation I'm getting this kind of small error:

ERROR: Cannot find 0 rows with at least 70 columns.ERROR: [weapprof.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Cannot Set 2DA Entry"))
ERROR: Failure("Cannot Set 2DA Entry")
Add Red Wizard to Edwin's Kit Description (warning: install fails modifying weapprof.2da: "Cannot find 0 rows with at least 65 columns.") (NPC Kitpack) was not installed due to errors.

#2291 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:45 PM

Dady, are you using the newest version of BWS?  That mod (NPC Kit Pack) should be red (Expert) for BGEE/BG2EE.

#2292 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:17 AM

Dady, are you using the newest version of BWS?  That mod (NPC Kit Pack) should be red (Expert) for BGEE/BG2EE.

Oh yeah, I'm using the latest version of BWS, I always check your link for updates.

I have BG2EE, and everything went smooth until the installation of this mod, so what I can do to solve this? Should I just continue and skip this part or will that be troublesome for my gameplay?

#2293 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

Oh yeah, I'm using the latest version of BWS, I always check your link for updates.

I have BG2EE, and everything went smooth until the installation of this mod, so what I can do to solve this? Should I just continue and skip this part or will that be troublesome for my gameplay?

Did you make an total software update ? Aka did you remove the old one and extracted the new to the folder or just try to update by extracting to the existing folder... cause the later has larger possibility to screw things up.

Part of this is why the BWS has separate download folder.

Edited by The Imp, 09 January 2016 - 07:24 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2294 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:27 AM

IIRC that mod is "expert" because several components don't work on BG2EE. Having a fresh BWS download isn't going to change that.

#2295 -Dream Merchant-

-Dream Merchant-

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

Sorry to disturb you again. Thing is that I started the first game and after candlekeep I immediately meet Rhialto the Fabulous who decks me and Imoen. Even running around and getting another 2 party members doesnt help since Rhialto just TPKs.

I did a maximum install for Baldur's Gate Extended / BGT ... is this normal?

#2296 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:56 AM

Sorry to disturb you again. Thing is that I started the first game and after candlekeep I immediately meet Rhialto the Fabulous who decks me and Imoen. Even running around and getting another 2 party members doesnt help since Rhialto just TPKs.

I did a maximum install for Baldur's Gate Extended / BGT ... is this normal?

It is introduced by the wildmage mod - you have a warning letter in your inventory from Gorion.

In my games he was always outside of the walls of Candlekeep - i.e. you would not meet him immediately in the area where Gorion dies but only if you try to get back into Candlekeep.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2297 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

... is this normal?

Yes, after meeting him, run away...

Spoiler

#2298 -Dream Merchant-

-Dream Merchant-

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:37 AM

... is this normal?

Yes, after meeting him, run away...

Spoiler

Well he doesn't turn into anything... and after much digging online I came across this.. I don't know how much relevance it has.

http://www.shsforums...o-the-fabulous/

#2299 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, and if you look, I was there to help. ... asking people to --change-log the files and all that stuff. :devil:

It was partially fixed, partially dismissed. Aka you can go and kill Rhialto much later if you wish in the BG1 portion of the game.

Edited by The Imp, 09 January 2016 - 10:12 AM.

#2300 Niewiem

Niewiem
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:25 AM

Yep I met him in that area too but was able to kill him with help from Haiss and Sandrah :)