Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2921 -Dreth-

-Dreth-

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:29 AM

http://i.imgur.com/rXQZTng.jpg

That's the error I'm getting after creating a new character, latest BWS using the "Recommended" loadout. Was there something else I needed to do after BWS setup and BiG World Install.bat?

#2922 -Dreth-

-Dreth-

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

I didn't even realize that existed, thanks. I went with "Baldur's Gate 2 / BiG World Project (BWP): Install.bat only" on my first try, should I have picked "Baldur's Gate 2 / Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT) Customization" instead?

#2923 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:37 AM

I didn't even realize that existed, thanks. I went with "Baldur's Gate 2 / BiG World Project (BWP): Install.bat only" on my first try, should I have picked "Baldur's Gate 2 / Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT) Customization" instead?

Yep.
Nearly everyone shoul...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2924 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:33 PM

hey,
was installing BWS. I've got a few tips:

> 'Goo the disembodied npc' should go under the 'smaller bg2 npcs'. It has only a single banter. Or maybe you could add a 'troll mod' alert if you wish to leave it in the current place "bg2 npc mods".

> weimer soulafein npc if I remember well is an 'unbalanced' mod rich of tactical fights. So I guess you should under it under the tactical content.

> The spell revision 4 versions includes all the other fixes from what I know, but you'd better ask Demiurgus. I'm talking about
' Mirror image fix' and all the other stuff under Spell revisions. From what I know, just installing the main mod is enough. No need for it to be overwritten by other stuff.

> I'll be back tomorrow with more, because now I gotta quit

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#2925 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:42 PM

> The spell revision 4 versions includes all the other fixes from what I know, but you'd better ask Demiurgus. I'm talking about
' Mirror image fix' and all the other stuff under Spell revisions. From what I know, just installing the main mod is enough. No need for it to be overwritten by other stuff.

If you mean that those components have been merged with the main component, that's not the case.  They are still separate.

#2926 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:32 PM

@ anybody working on BWS

Pls, remove "kreso's selection". This I never picked, I don't know the mechanics of BWS or how this got to be, but these aren't mods I selected for a pre-set install. I've browsed it and seen it contains  crap which I wouldn't reccomend to anybody. 

Whoever want's a reccomendation for a 1st playthrough from me - install everything available. Next time you'll be smarter. :P

#2927 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:04 AM

@ Alien

I don't remember exactly what I sent you, but I surely didn't pick "Big Picture" and I surely didn't skip neither non-BP Ascension nor Refinements. 

Edited by kreso, 11 March 2016 - 01:05 AM.

#2928 Echoed Dreams

Echoed Dreams
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:49 PM

So two things: first, I made a pull request on bitbucket, so check it out when you can. Also, the .TP2 files for the pre-release versions of Fishing For Trouble and cdtweaks wouldn't extract correctly (maybe they were placed in the wrong folder?) so I had to move them (manually) out to where all the other TP2 files are. I would have fixed that on bitbucket, but I don't know how, so I just did it for my own installation.

#2929 Echoed Dreams

Echoed Dreams
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:50 PM

Double post... sorry

Edited by Echoed Dreams, 11 March 2016 - 06:54 PM.

#2930 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:50 PM

.tp2 files don't have to be moved to the game folder. (I assume that's what you mean by "where all the other .tp2 files are.)

These days, generally, each mod has a mod folder, and the .tp2 file should be named identically to the mod folder and placed inside that mod folder. Some few mods have their .tp2 files at the same level as the mod folder, but that is old/busted practice and should not be encouraged...

EDIT - why does this forums software suck so bad when I use my phone??? Removing the BBCode and adding HTML I never typed, and then not even parsing/displaying the results of that HTML?? I hate it so much

Edited by subtledoctor, 11 March 2016 - 08:53 PM.

#2931 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:20 AM

Hey there,

since I lost my private BGT project which I had been working on for almost a year I want to ask you about the state of BWS BGEE & BG2EE modding.

First and foremost, should I wait until Dragonspear is released or do you guys think that I could start modding the EE versions now? I don't really care about Trilogy anymore because both games now use the same engine and I suppose that it will take at least another year to have every important mod ready for a BGEET version with Dragonspear included.

Also, is it possible to create seperate megamods for BGEE and BG2EE or are there still too many mod conflicts / errors that hasn't been sorted out with BWS for EE yet?

Would be nice if someone here who has been playing with BGT and is now playing BG1EE and BG2EE with mods installed (a lot of them) could share some light.

Edited by Vlan, 13 March 2016 - 05:21 AM.

#2932 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:14 AM

what you call BGEET exists, but is called EET.

EET works perfectly, but will be "officially" out when Dragonspear will be out (few days to go :) ).

About your other questions, sorry, I am not a modder but Beamdog's forum could be a good spot to start .

#2933 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:21 AM

Vendedor DLAN - English Textpack patch updated.

Unzip it inside BiG World Textpack ENGLISH, Vendedor_DLAN subfolder (overwrite the existing patch) before installing.

This one should hopefully work. Anyone performing a new install please let me know if it works.

Uploading it here as long as the new Textpack ENGLISH is released.

Attached Files

#2934 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:41 PM

Hello!

Any news about Eternal Imoen mod? I read there was some pending compatibility verification.

#2935 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:22 AM

In your next BWS update, can you please remove the various parts of the Sandrah mod - it does not exist anymore for BGT (it will come out in revised form when EET will be released).

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2936 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:51 AM

various parts or entirely ?

Means entirely, as all the parts are depending on each other. Sorry for the confusion.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2937 -Ziggy Stardust-

-Ziggy Stardust-

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:09 AM

Hello, I tried installing BGT today, got errors:

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 61562 of 506-byte file CDPP26.ITM
ERROR: [CDPP26.ITM] -> [override/CDPP26.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("CDPP26.ITM: read out of bounds"))
ERROR: Failure("CDPP26.ITM: read out of bounds")
Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight (Tweaks Anthology (pre-release)) was not installed due to errors.

I continued, then

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 61562 of 506-byte file
ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 61562 of 506-byte file
ERROR: [CDPP26.ITM] -> [override/CDPP26.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Read out of bounds"))
ERROR: Failure("Read out of bounds")
Initialise mod (all other components require this) (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

then i quit.

I used reccomendation preselection without any changes. I'm using GOG versions of BG1 and BG2. Thanks.

P.S. Also name of archive of "Tweaks Anthology (pre-release)" downloaded from link doest't match name used by BWS, so you need to rename it manually during installation. (Not much of a problem though).

#2938 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:21 AM

Remove offending item from override and continue with installation. 

Edited by Greenhorn, 16 March 2016 - 03:21 AM.

#2939 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:59 AM

Hello, Im trying to install Enhanced Edition trilogy, Isnt supposed there to locate BG1EE and BG2EE and download directory for BWS?

#2940 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

Hello, Im trying to install Enhanced Edition trilogy, Isnt supposed there to locate BG1EE and BG2EE and download directory for BWS?
It hasn't been enabled in the master, as you can go look, the EET isn't even officially out. As that will most likely be after two weeks.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.