Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3281 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:56 PM

If you wait 30 minutes or so I'll finish uploading interim EET patches.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3282 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:59 PM

All good, no rush. I've got to go to work soon here anyway.

#3283 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:41 PM

BWS now officially supports EET.  Please see here for a lot of details about this, if you are interested.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#3284 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:12 PM

Do you want fixpack warnings? Here are a few from a bogus quick test install.

Spoiler

#3285 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:22 PM

Thanks, I've added versions for ... I think ... all of those, now.

#3286 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:25 PM

You do great work!

#3287 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:40 PM

Thanks.  I'm off for a bit.  Try to break something!

#3288 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:17 AM

OK ran through a successful EET install with a fairly hefty number of mods (sandrahnpc + extras). First time I went a bit overboard on the bg1 mods and hit the out of memory woes, scaling that back a bit and massaged things a bit to get a workable install. Few unexpected fixpack woes:

Spoiler

Attached Files

Edited by zonx, 01 December 2016 - 02:19 AM.

#3289 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:49 AM

OK ran through a successful EET install with a fairly hefty number of mods (sandrahnpc + extras). First time I went a bit overboard on the bg1 mods and hit the out of memory woes, scaling that back a bit and massaged things a bit to get a workable install. Few unexpected fixpack woes:

Spoiler

Some remarks

1) WARNING: file "setup-NTotSCv171.tp2" does not exist (this is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-NTOTSCV171.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/NTotSCv171").

Since you install Sandrah, I assume that BWS tries to install the EET_Interim version of the mod. The two components are packed in one zip file when you download the github master - everything should be there but maybe the BWS has an issue to extract it in this way?

2)

The following circumstances prevent the installation:
SandrahNPC needs CtB and RoT and TDD and LongerRoad and BoneHillv275 and DarkHorizons and GbThfKp and Arena and Vault and bgqe and SirinesCall and SoA and FinchNPC and PlanarSphereMod.
Longer Road ¹
The mod is required by this component, but was removed of the selection.
This may have been inherited from the old BGT install requirements and is no longer adequate, The mod needs Drizzt Saga, BG1NPC Project, DSotSC, Ascension, TDDz, NTotSC, Grey Clan, Siren's Call to be present already. Also BP-BGT Worldmap to be installed after the mod since Sandrah's world exceeds the default EET Worldmap (which omits her hometown Waterdeep).
This is what BWS should check
There is an additional check by the mod itself that tellls you about some other highly recommended mods to improve her story but some of them are not yet available for EET. You can install and play the mod without them, I made all the missing content optional.

Edited by Roxanne, 01 December 2016 - 02:52 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3290 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:17 AM

I believe I have solved all of the reported problems except Longer Road, which is not yet EET compatible, but which is properly marked Expert for that reason and is no longer linked with Sandrah as a dependency, so it won't be selected unless a user explicitly forces it to be.

#3291 GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

The remove experience cap tweak of Tweaks Anthology is indicated as broken but the triple class HLA table requires it so for lack of a better solution it should probably be flagged as broken as well, shouldn't it ? I'm not sure whether it's a real dependency or just an implied one, sure you can't get triple class HLA without the exp cap removed but even if you can't use them it shouldn't break the game to have them included right? Due to this, BWS won't let me use the xp cap remover from EET Tweaks along the triple class HLA table from Tweaks Anthology.

Also, LaViconia's link is missing the handle_charsets.tpa .

Edit : Also looks like there's a missing dependency in Tweaks Anthology.

Spoiler

Edited by GrimLefourbe, 01 December 2016 - 02:14 PM.

#3292 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

The Reveal City Maps component is blocked from installing by the mod itself, so I'll remove it for now.  I'm not sure it's not applicable for EE, though; just that the mod doesn't allow it.

The dependency of triple-class HLA table component in Tweaks Anthology on the experience cap removal component in the same mod is also hard-coded in the mod.  I think you are right however that there is no technical dependency, it's just a restriction placed by the mod authors.  We could patch that restriction away while enforcing the requirement in BWS for a XP+level cap increaser across the entire set of mods chosen, but since Tweaks Anthology is still under active development I'd like to have input from the authors before doing that.

The component 2090 is currently marked Expert because it fails to install when other mods have tweaked backstab.2da and caused it to have uneven numbers of columns; while this could be represented instead as a conflict, the tweak is meant to be general purpose and needs a more robust implementation.  So for now I will mark the triple-class HLA tweak as Expert also, due to the dependency.  Isn't #2300 already marked Expert?

I will check La Viconia.  Can you check if the mod was patched (look in _ApplyPatches.debug & _ApplyPatches_verbose.log in the game folder)?

Edited by agb1, 01 December 2016 - 03:00 PM.

#3293 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:01 PM

agb1,

I noticed your post from yesterday:  "BWS now officially supports EET.  Please see here for a lot of details about this, if you are interested.", so wanted to ask some clarification questions.  My apologies in advance if my questions seem too simple or confused.

I recently did a BWS install using the November 22, 2016 version of BWS, using the Enhanced Edition Trilogy choice, with the "Recommended" set of mods, plus a few extra minor mods added.  (I also have BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE, and IWD1EE installed.)  With the exception of the Ascension mod, all mods installed properly.  I've begin playing, have gotten to the Gnoll Fortress, and all seems to be going well - no gameplay problems encountered.

When I did the BWS install, I thought it already included EE Trilogy support, but am now confused.  In looking at my weiDU log today, I see that the EE Tweaks mod was used, but I do not see any direct reference to EE Trilogy.  Does EE Trilogy install a mod that I should see listed in the WeiDU log, or is instead an overall install process that is not reflected by an entry in the WeiDU log?

Also, what exactly is different in the EE Trilogy implementation in the November 22 version of BWS that I installed, compared to the latest version of BWS?  Also, how stable is the latest EE Trilogy support in the latest BWS?  The reason I'm asking is to find out if I would be better off re-installing my current BWS setup, or instead just keep playing.

Thanks again for all your hard work and support for BWS!

"My wife says I have the body of a God - Buddha!"

#3294 GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

For LaViconia, this is the relevant part in the debug file, it looks like handle_charsets is deleted by the fixpack.

Spoiler

It looks like I indeed missed the expert tag on triple class HLA table for some reason, my apologies.

#3295 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:19 PM

EE Trilogy would include "EET" in your WeiDU log at the top of the list (in your BG2EE folder).  What you selected in BWS for your current install was BG2EE / EE Trilogy, and you only had access to mods for BG2EE.

When I enabled EET support, I made the option to set the path for BG1EE folder visible alongside the BG2EE folder path.  This tells BWS that you want to install the Trilogy, and it presents a different selection of mods to you.

EE Trilogy itself is still in development but it has been played through successfully to the conclusion of the trilogy from BG1 to ToB.  The mods added have themselves been played on BG2EE for a while and should work equally well on EET.

#3296 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

For LaViconia, this is the relevant part in the debug file, it looks like handle_charsets is deleted by the fixpack.

Spoiler

It looks like I indeed missed the expert tag on triple class HLA table for some reason, my apologies.

What does the _ApplyPatches_verbose.log file show about La Viconia?  The .debug shows the actions of the script; the verbose log shows the actions of the patcher.

The Fixpack deletes the handle_charsets.tpa because HANDLE_CHARSETS is now a built-in WeiDU function, but the also-included patch for the mod's tp2 file (that would change it to use the built-in function instead of the older tpa file) evidently did not apply correctly.

Edit:  Actually, the patch itself was wrong -- it didn't remove those lines.  I've uploaded a replacement.  Sorry about that!

Edited by agb1, 01 December 2016 - 03:26 PM.

#3297 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:00 PM

Any volunteers to help update and test BWS' internal mod database for the less common install types?  (e.g., Planescape Torment, Classic Adventures, IWD:EE)

Basically, look here, click through to PST or CA or IWD1EE, click Select.txt ... this is the list of mods that are available in BWS for that game type.  For each of those, look here (the Global folder) and find an ini file with a name matching one of the lines from the Select.txt file.  That ini file is BWS' known information about the mod.  Download link, website/forum, version, components, available translations, description, etc.  Check if the links are still working and if they are up to date.  Note:  the initial check can be largely automated by just selecting all the mods in BWS itself and using the "test download links" button - but any missing will need to be tracked down.

Following that, there are the rules files for each game type (Game.ini) in the PST/CA/IWD1EE folder.  Updating those involves analyzing the available mods to identify conflicts and dependencies and then writing the corresponding rules.

I have my hands full with just BG2-classic + BG-EEs, but it would be nice to have the rest of the tool updated.  I'm particularly interested in getting IWD:EE updated as it will likely get merged into the EE Trilogy selection in the near future.

Edited by agb1, 01 December 2016 - 08:02 PM.

#3298 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:18 AM

Ran another install, seems most issues  i mentioned yesterday are cleared up. crossmod2 blank.log error persists but it's easy to fix.

Something I didn't mention, I noticed if you install sirene bg1 + sirene bg2, the npc in temple of lathander is the bg2 one. See this (bg2 stats/ level on joining etc too).

I will try to run through a iwd:ee install and test downloads at least.

#3299 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:40 AM

Ran another install, seems most issues  i mentioned yesterday are cleared up. crossmod2 blank.log error persists but it's easy to fix.

Something I didn't mention, I noticed if you install sirene bg1 + sirene bg2, the npc in temple of lathander is the bg2 one. See this (bg2 stats/ level on joining etc too).

I will try to run through a iwd:ee install and test downloads at least.

I have played with Sirene (The BGEE version listed and linked in the EET compatible list) in EET BG1 part and in SoD without issues. I have not seen the BG2 version until now and it seems she is not listed in the list of EET compatible mods http://gibberlings3....topic=27741&hl= (obviously for good reason, it seems).

Does BWS offer you this version or did you do it on your own?

Edited by Roxanne, 02 December 2016 - 02:41 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3300 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:24 AM

Yes it is selectable with EET in BWS. All good, from the initial opening I thought you had added crossmod for the bg2 version, just by the way sandrah says "we've been travelling..." (pic)

Also regarding out of memory issue. I'm not 100% sure on this yet, but I've tested it a few times.

EET with recommended preset (which probably needs to be looked at - just a easy starting point), out of memory errors processing bg1npc dialogs.

Try again (fresh install) with unfinished business bg1 deselected, and EET parses the dialogs OK.

Of course the memory issue is more complex than that, but I've noticed I can get through the EET install easier if I remember the above (and i've been doing lots of test installs). Roxanne did your recent EET manual install have unfinished business bg1 included? I know the files it gets stalled on aren't related to this mod, but I have tested it a few times.