Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3781 fvig2001

fvig2001
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:15 AM

@Roxanne.

I installed tactics using 7f87a0d build. I think there was only 1 option for RoT. I had unchecked the ROT kits since I thought that was causing the issue since it has some conflict with TDD.

#3782 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:42 AM

I had unchecked the ROT kits since I thought that was causing the issue since it has some conflict with TDD.
Don't get this twisted, the kit amount problem between ROT and TDD's issue is only in the non-EE BG2, and the ToBEx fixes that, just like it does the EE games with it's inclusion. So that's not the problem.
It's fixed by the RoT just needing an update from the BWS. Now then, the above is similar to that ... BUT DEFINITELY NOT THE SAME.

As this is actually about a proper use of a mod macro normally used related to kits usage in EE-games. And it's usage in the Sandrah mod, temporarily fixing it, before the BWS can do it.
Yet, another difference.

Edited by The Imp, 14 March 2017 - 01:46 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3783 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:50 AM

@Roxanne.

I installed tactics using 7f87a0d build. I think there was only 1 option for RoT. I had unchecked the ROT kits since I thought that was causing the issue since it has some conflict with TDD.

The idea for EET for all those older mega-mods is to preserve their playable contents and get rid of all the outdated tweaks they contain.

In EET there are enough dedicated kit mods for any taste, same as special GUI mods, or spell adding mods, or AI mods.

Preserving those contained in the old mods (before all of those better alternatives existed) leads only to incompatibilities. This is part of a heritage that comes from a time when there were only a handful of mods that tried to do it all - it was even a problem already in more recent BGT installs, and we should avoid to repeat it in EET while we still have a chance to improve it.

>>>this is a discussion probably better held at the EET forum than here.

Edited by Roxanne, 14 March 2017 - 01:52 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3784 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:46 AM

I was wondering what was up with BWS-Setup today, I noticed many mods have been unchecked, but I if I had to guess it was because of the new information regarding some nasty bugs.

One mod was unchecked from Maximized,Tactic and Expert, one component was removed from EE, that's it.

I just do a kind of maximized expert install of EET (added CtB, Longer Road EE and RoT - disabled Region Of Terror Kit Pack for EE manually) + test versions of Thieves Stronghold and Deep Gnomes for EET (an Aurora extract).

- no problems with downloads

- no problems with unpacking

- no problems with BGEE part

- no problems with EET

- no problems with BG2EE part yet

Currently labouring through SCS, but looks good as well.

For me this looks like a very smooth install even with my pushing it to the limit.

PS - I am using the BWS version from before that RoT component was removed for EE, but since I did that remove already myself, this may as well be considered test for the most recent commit..

Continued:::

- installation finished without issues

- started the game and explored a bit - looks fine

- inspected worldmap and a few other crucial files with NI - looks fine

Summary - I think I did a maximum all-you-can-eat-without-choking EET install with BWS in about 6 hours (about 1 hour preparation/setup/removing incompatibilities at the very start).

This look fantastic for me!! Probably something like a stable baseline for EET with BWS. I will use that one as a basis to look for bugs and possible yet unknown incompatibilities etc.

Great big thank you @Alien (and all others who helped to achieve this).

The Sandrah Saga

#3785 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:01 AM

Thanks Roxanne, I'm happy to hear that you installation went fine without issues  :cheers: There are some issues with default Tactic compilation which I hopefully solve in the future. Could you please post you exported mod selection? Did you paused the installation to add some non-BWS mods? 

In case you tell me where I find *exported mod selection*, I would.

Yes, I paused once to add my prototype non-BWS mods (Thieves Stronghold and Deepgomes) + the CtB conversion + Longer Road EE. Except for CtB, I do not expect any of the others to have any impact on the result as they are pretty self-contained mods).

The Sandrah Saga

#3786 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:08 AM

@Roxanne

In "Choose Mods and Components" there is an options menu at top left side.

#3787 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:44 AM

@Roxanne

Thanks. So here it is

Attached File  BWS-Selection.ini.txt   9.56K   244 downloads (added txt extension for forum to swallow it)

The Sandrah Saga

#3788 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

So currently I'm playing on maximized BWS  Game and everything worked out pretty fine from BG1, trough SoD till BG2.

Since currently playing BG2 my game did freeze frequently and I have to kill the running game via task manager.

I was able to pinpoint that my party member Jaheira is the reason for those freezes. As long as she is dead or even removed from the group it's all fine.

So i started romancing her and I'm somewhere in the beginning/middle of her romance. When being in the slum district for the first time I went into the homeless shelter and took the letter

from Baron Ployer with me even before I met him. I finished the Ployer quest and cured Jaheira from the curse but this didnt fix the issue and I dont think the letter was the reason anyway.

When I try to iniate a dialogue with jaheira the game immediately freezes. Other romances running at the moment are the Imoen romance mod and Sandrah from Sandrah Saga.

After one of those dream sequences with Imoen, Jaheira asked what my dream was about.

So it seems like jaheira does trigger some script which horribly fails. Since the game crashes when I initiate a dialogue with her maybe the Flirt Pack might cause issues here.

Another guess is that the Imoen Romance is to blame here, but I'm just guessing.

So does anyone have an idea how to approach this issue(except for removing her from the group, this would be my emergency exit) and find out what script doesnt trigger or fail?

Below my Weidu log:

Spoiler

#3789 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

So currently I'm playing on maximized BWS  Game and everything worked out pretty fine from BG1, trough SoD till BG2.

Since currently playing BG2 my game did freeze frequently and I have to kill the running game via task manager.

I was able to pinpoint that my party member Jaheira is the reason for those freezes. As long as she is dead or even removed from the group it's all fine.

So i started romancing her and I'm somewhere in the beginning/middle of her romance. When being in the slum district for the first time I went into the homeless shelter and took the letter

from Baron Ployer with me even before I met him. I finished the Ployer quest and cured Jaheira from the curse but this didnt fix the issue and I dont think the letter was the reason anyway.

When I try to iniate a dialogue with jaheira the game immediately freezes. Other romances running at the moment are the Imoen romance mod and Sandrah from Sandrah Saga.

After one of those dream sequences with Imoen, Jaheira asked what my dream was about.

So it seems like jaheira does trigger some script which horribly fails. Since the game crashes when I initiate a dialogue with her maybe the Flirt Pack might cause issues here.

Another guess is that the Imoen Romance is to blame here, but I'm just guessing.

So does anyone have an idea how to approach this issue(except for removing her from the group, this would be my emergency exit) and find out what script doesnt trigger or fail?

Below my Weidu log:

Spoiler

Do you play foreign language (your log implies german?) - maybe some mod uses strange symbols.

In case you know how to handle LSTest or stutterbug, this might help to identify code that may cause it.

Otherwise do you have a savegame you could post?

The Sandrah Saga

#3790 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

Yes my game is a mix of german and english since a couple of mods arent translated. I'll check out they keywords you mentioned. I cannot upload anything with the available toolbar. I guess this is due to me not being a registered user here. Unfortunately I cannot register because I dont receive the confirmation mail from SHS for whatever reasons.

#3791 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

Yes my game is a mix of german and english since a couple of mods arent translated. I'll check out they keywords you mentioned. I cannot upload anything with the available toolbar. I guess this is due to me not being a registered user here. Unfortunately I cannot register because I dont receive the confirmation mail from SHS for whatever reasons.

You could upload to something like dropbox and just post a link here.

The Sandrah Saga

#3792 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

Of course, I should have come up with that myself. Only thought about some fishy online-hosters...

https://www.dropbox....Ae2oMjWPra?dl=0

#3793 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:26 AM

When i open a bcs. file in near infinity, is there a way to display the block numbers?

#3794 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

Well i did the LSTest and there are a lot of scripts running and some of them on repeat.

The first note when i load my game is "Running Block 330 of BALDUR.BCS".

I couldnt reproduce so far but once in a crash the last note given by the LSTest was "Running Block 331 of BALDURS.BCS".

When i look that bcs. up on near inifinity I end up with this script-code:

Spoiler

since i see a FIGHTER_DRUID tag, this might have something to do with Jaheira.

So what are those ActionOverride commands doing here.

Btw I totally forgot about one major Issue which exists since the beginning of the game in candle keep. When I open

the Character Menu ingame and click on the button for adjusting char scripts the game immediately freezes. I forgot about this

because I never touched the button again.

#3795 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

Well i did the LSTest and there are a lot of scripts running and some of them on repeat.

I couldnt reproduce so far but once in a crash the last note given by the LSTest was "Running Block 331 of BALDURS.BCS".

Spoiler

Btw I totally forgot about one major Issue which exists since the beginning of the game in candle keep. When I open

the Character Menu ingame and click on the button for adjusting char scripts the game immediately freezes. I forgot about this

The first action override is a marker from the tool (this is how you identified the code block) - it will be removed when you uninstall the tool again.

The second one seems to come from here

00013: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 500 // Multiclass Kits: 3.4  >>> check if you have this installed.

It is possibly triggered by Jaheira being player3 in your party (you can verify this in baldur.gam from a savegame).

Ii I were you, I would - ununstall LS again (otherwise your changes will be lost) - then remove that block from baldur (and baldur25) - then test again.

EDIT - Just found your savegame and looked at it. Jaheira walks to the PC immediately and starts a conversation

~(Jaheira has wandered close to you... close enough for you to see the intricate design of the fading scars on her face, and admire her powerful, sleek build.)~

It might be this one, since the game freezes as you say there might be something in the german translation that I do not suffer from in my english game. As it looks like a line from a mod, I will try to localise the issue.

Edited by Roxanne, 14 March 2017 - 02:10 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3796 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

Spoiler

The first action override is a marker from the tool (this is how you identified the code block) - it will be removed when you uninstall the tool again.

The second one seems to come from here

00013: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 500 // Multiclass Kits: 3.4  >>> check if you have this installed.

It is possibly triggered by Jaheira being player3 in your party (you can verify this in baldur.gam from a savegame).

Ii I were you, I would - ununstall LS again (otherwise your changes will be lost) - then remove that block from baldur (and baldur25) - then test again.

EDIT - Just found your savegame and looked at it. Jaheira walks to the PC immediately and starts a conversation

~(Jaheira has wandered close to you... close enough for you to see the intricate design of the fading scars on her face, and admire her powerful, sleek build.)~

It might be this one, since the game freezes as you say there might be something in the german translation that I do not suffer from in my english game. As it looks like a line from a mod, I will try to localise the issue.

I think I found the issue.

It is probably NPC Flirt Packs which has no HANDLE_CHARSETS for the german translation. The Jaheira text is full of umlauts which may cause the freeze

~(Jaheira hat sich dir genähert... nahe genug, um die komplizierte Zeichnung der verblassenden Narben auf ihrem Gesicht zu sehen und ihre kraftvolle, geschmeidige Gestalt zu bewundern.)~

~(Jaheira scheint fast, sich an dich lehnen zu wollen, aber sie überlegt es sich anders und entfernt sich einen halben Schritt.)~

In order to see if this is really the issue you can do this.

Make a safety copy of your dialog.tlk.

Use the NearInfinity search option for stringref to find those two entires (you will already see at this point if the umlauts are represented by something strange)

Use the edit function in that menu to replace e.g. ä by ae

Save. Test in your game with the save you posted.

The flirts are randomly triggered - it may be some other lines from the same file as well. To see all possible candidates you need to look into NPC/flirt/german/jaheiraflirt.tra

I do not know how the whole mod can be repaired in a running game, sorry.

Maybe someone else could help.

Edited by Roxanne, 14 March 2017 - 02:48 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3797 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:07 PM

@Roxanne

Thanks. So here it is

attachicon.gifBWS-Selection.ini.txt (added txt extension for forum to swallow it)

Small finding

The setup-bp-bgt_worldmap_pvrz was not installed for whatever reason. I had a CtD when attempting my first travel via worldmap. Added it to the install and all is good. (Not sure if that was my overlooking it or a BWS issue?)

Edited by Roxanne, 14 March 2017 - 03:08 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3798 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

Hmm i dont find any of those entries via StringRef search. They are apparently not part of the dialog.tlk

#3799 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:46 PM

Hmm i dont find any of those entries via StringRef search. They are apparently not part of the dialog.tlk

Just search for a part that has only *normal* symbols, not for the whole term.

And check, do you have the mod at all? Because it may well be that I run your save in my game and it triggers there by chance as it has a random trigger and I have the mod installed.

1) You may try this in order to disable the flirts.

SetGlobal("FWJaheiraStartFlirtSOA","GLOBAL",9)

PS-you may have similar issues if you plan to recruit Viconia or Aerie.

2) I cannot re-create the Druid shapeshift block triggering in Baldur.bcs. It does not happen even if that block is in my game as well - which is correct because Player3 is Sandrah (not a Druid) while Jaheira is Player4 in your save.

I have no issues what so ever with your save in my install (other than some things that I cannot check because of different dialog.tlk or IDS entries.).

Just hope that any of that helps you.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 March 2017 - 01:26 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3800 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

Hmm i dyt find any of those entries via StringRef search. They are apparently not part of the dialog.tlk
What were you searching via say Near Infinity ? Cause if the umlauts are there, coded in the wrong format, you won't
be able to predict what they become or search for them... search for "nahe genug, um die" and you might find the "(Jaheira hat sich dir genähert..." starting one... but you can't ever find the ä, cause it could be that, or 0xde or whatever.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.