Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3901 -Gotz-

-Gotz-

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Any help with the SCS "Out of Memory" problem during the BWS install yet?

#3902 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

Sorry to bother folks but my reading of the BWP pdf seems to be outdated?  Does BWS render this document obsolete?  Some threads seem to suggest that downloading BWS alleviates any need to pre-download mods as BWS finds and downloads them for you?  Or am I missing something here.  Also what is (and where is) the most current version of BWS?

#3903 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

Sorry to bother folks but my reading of the BWP pdf seems to be outdated?  Does BWS render this document obsolete?  
Yes, wery much so... with w- as the BWP (last update 2016-11-17 ) is so old it should not be used in any case any more (BWS update, 2017-03-19)... unless you really know what you are doing, aka you can solve all the problems not fixing the old order throws at you.
Here's the last version (warning, that's the direct download link)... as it has always been there, from the start of this thread. Yes, it has been edited to have the latest version.
People that have commented about this problem, have recommend that to solve it you can run the SCS install manually by exiting the BWS install when they run into this problem, install it and then rerun the BWS as it should start from where you stopped, aka after the SCS's install. Of course there you need to use the manual SCS install, not the .bat it itself provides... as that will break a lot of things. Never done this myself though.

Edited by The Imp, 22 April 2017 - 09:57 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3904 -Gotz-

-Gotz-

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:04 PM

Sorry to bother folks but my reading of the BWP pdf seems to be outdated?  Does BWS render this document obsolete?  
Yes, wery much so... with w- as the BWP (last update 2016-11-17 ) is so old it should not be used in any case any more (BWS update, 2017-03-19)... unless you really know what you are doing, aka you can solve all the problems not fixing the old order throws at you.
Here's the last version (warning, that's the direct download link)... as it has always been there, from the start of this thread. Yes, it has been edited to have the latest version.
People that have commented about this problem, have recommend that to solve it you can run the SCS install manually by exiting the BWS install when they run into this problem, install it and then rerun the BWS as it should start from where you stopped, aka after the SCS's install. Of course there you need to use the manual SCS install, not the .bat it itself provides... as that will break a lot of things. Never done this myself though.

Guess I will try doing that. The error, in my case, comes during the "Smarter AI for everyone", would it be ok if I just ran it over the other already installed SCS components? 

ALSO WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE MAIL CONFIRMATION! ITS BEEN 2 DAYS ALREADY, AND I STILL DIDNT GET AN EMAIL TO LOGIN INTO THIS PAGE

#3905 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:37 PM

Guess I will try doing that. The error, in my case, comes during the "Smarter AI for everyone", would it be ok if I just ran it over the other already installed SCS components? 

Well, you need to look at the weidu.log file and find out if it has any additional components that should be installed after the SCS's AI ... as if there is, they need to be uninstalled ...

As for the Email... did you register for a profile by submitting a email address and password etc and that would send the confirmation email for that address... but that's not the point, your profile would exist by then, it would just need a confirmation that the email passes to you.
So use the Create Account, which opens up this:

ofwruw.jpg

As most likely you are just submitting posts via the the guest profile that requires the email address confirmation: ALWAYS.

Edited by The Imp, 22 April 2017 - 11:51 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3906 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:42 AM

Thanks Imp!  I assume the latest BWS is compatible with EE versions of the game.  I will dive in and see what happens.  And, sadly, I'm only marginally computer savvy...but I have friends who can assist me if I run into problems.  Thanks again.

#3907 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

There's no need to assume, as you can see from the "How to use" post on what the BWS is compatible with.

BrwRUvx.png

Yeah, it's a lot of "new information" if you haven't used the BWS ever... 

#3908 MrMani

MrMani
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

Just a quick thank you to Roxanne i ended up tracking down all my issues in the end, and thankfully almost all of them track back to my actions.

Your comment that it was the save game from an older install turned out to be correct, 2 BWS BGEET installs with exactly the same mods one month apart and it still broke the dialogue, all fixed now it seems.

Apart from that the Ajantis in BG2 mod still throws up Invalids in the feedback box and of course he has a number instead of a name.

As an aside, this is one complex and ambitious project, especially to get it to work with BGEET and multiple mods which makes Bethesda engine mod load orders /LOOT/NMM look like child's play.

Big thank you to all involved, especially k4thos for the compatibility for SCS+SRv4 :-)

Edited by MrMani, 23 April 2017 - 09:32 AM.

#3909 -Gotz-

-Gotz-

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:41 AM

Well, you need to look at the weidu.log file and find out if it has any additional components that should be installed after the SCS's AI ... as if there is, they need to be uninstalled ...

As for the Email... did you register for a profile by submitting a email address and password etc and that would send the confirmation email for that address... but that's not the point, your profile would exist by then, it would just need a confirmation that the email passes to you.

ofwruw.jpg

As most likely you are just submitting posts via the the guest profile that requires the email address confirmation: ALWAYS.

I'm using this "profile" because thats the only thing I can use, yeah I created 2 account already, with differente mails. 3 days now, and still didnt receive any kind of email confirmation, NEITHER can use the account since it acts as non-existant, both of them, but can't re-use the mail

#3910 -Gotz-

-Gotz-

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:41 AM

ofwruw.jpg

I'm using this "profile" because thats the only thing I can use, yeah I created 2 account already, with differente mails. 3 days now, and still didnt receive any kind of email confirmation, NEITHER can use the account since it acts as non-existant, both of them, but can't re-use the mail

#3911 -Bayo-

-Bayo-

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:58 AM

Does anyone have a mirror link for Improved Anvil Lite? I can only find the Gaming Nerds R Us link, and that page is non existant. 

#3912 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

Why am I getting an error message that says the following when I select the 'update if needed' option?

Line 16

Char 5

Error The system cannot find the file specified

Code 800700002

Source (null)

I can't even get the BWS launched as a result

#3913 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sheeit

#3914 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:13 AM

[...]

BWS reach it's end-of-support state from my side

[...]

Hi,

Thank you for all the time you spent on BWS (greatly appreciated :cheers: ).

Fouinto

#3915 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:39 AM

ALIEN, I'd like to thank you for all the hard work and dedication you've put into BWS until now. In the last years BWS changed from something that works... eventually... probably... hopefully... to something that does the job on the first attempt unless I goofed somehow. This is really huge, and this happened not to a small degree thanks to your efforts among other maintainers. So, thank you, and hope you'll stay around, if only as a player :cheers:

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#3916 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

ALIEN, thank you for the hard work you put into this. Best wishes!

#3917 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:45 AM

There is also a discussion goin on here: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=28740

#3918 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

So sad that after years away from BG I find that a great tool was made for mega-modding it only to discover it isn't (currently) being supported.  I can't even get it off the ground at the moment.  Anyway, I'm glad to see that there is still such intense interest in BG after nearly two decades since its release.

#3919 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

1. BWS stumbled today when installing Almateria's Restoration: it halted on the lack of slayerw3.itm file amongst game resources (sorry can't c/p original BWS quote). I did a check and found out there's no slayerw3.itm in vanilla BG2 at all. However I've found a hint that it's an item in EE. Did a bit more digging to find out that mention of this item only appeared in AR 8.2.8, it wasn't mentioned in 8.2.7. Solved locally by copying slayerwp.itm into slayerw3.itm. Still it might be reasonable to limit AR to v.8.2.7. when installing BWS until it would be fixed.

2.As wise program says: either Un-Nerfed THAC0 installed previously from other mod but BWS misses the flag of "XXX is preferred to YYY" on this case, or some dependance is missing. My bet is the former, but still the issue. Same is about sorcerer's spell progression.
The functionality of this component is either already included
Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table (Baldur's Gate II Tweak Pack) was skipped.

If a component was skipped during the install, this indicates a conflict or dependency that's still missing in the BWS. Either a similar component
is already installed and thus this message is harmless, or the component depends on a mod that's missing.

3. During installation of 1PP HQ Music for BGT I've got about 3 instances of "program ssrc_hp.exe stopped working". Surprisingly installation went on, leaving me with wonder what will go wrong in game :)

Edited by Creepin, 07 May 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#3920 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

condensed all of my reports to my 1st post

Edited by Creepin, 07 May 2017 - 10:22 AM.