Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#381 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

Ok here it is.

Attached Files

#382 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:50 AM

Got ninjaed... anyways:

Copied [NeJ2pat/ogg/HROT_39.ogg] to [override/HROT_39.ogg]
[NeJ2pat/ogg/HROT_40.ogg] loaded, 67594 bytes
Copied [NeJ2pat/ogg/HROT_40.ogg] to [override/HROT_40.ogg]
Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [override/DAR67.CRE] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

Hmm, it could be that the resource is not there cause it might have been biffed... so someone needs to look into it, as you have the BWP Trimpack which should fix that, you might be able to supply the file by opening the game with NearInfinity and extracting the file, and putting it to the override -folder, but if what Dabus says after this post, you won't be able to find the file, as it was never made.

Edited by The Imp, 25 April 2014 - 07:06 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#383 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Got ninjaed...

What? :D

#384 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

The patch wants to patch the NEJ plot. You just have boo and areas... so the patch fails.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#385 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

Got ninjaed...

What? :D

Dabus posted before I could with the ~same info. I edited the post above to now answer your last post. :P Late as usual. :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 25 April 2014 - 07:07 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#386 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:05 AM

Heh noticed :D
So what to do now? How could a person with zero modding knowledge fix this? :)

#387 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

You must install the NeJ2v691's component 0 "Never Ending Journey Second Edition".

#388 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

Ahh the part you speak of is only in version 6.80 and i cant install it with BWS, because of conflicts with 6.91 version.

#389 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

Ahh the part you speak of is only in version 6.80 and i cant install it with BWS, because of conflicts with 6.91 version.
It's also in v6.91 !

#390 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

After an install, all the weidu setups and the unpacked mod dirs are useless, and they are removed anyway if you want to run a new install and restore the backup, that is suggested anyway. Now wouldn't it make sense that BWS gave an option to deleted those files soon after the relative mod is installed? In a megamod install (especially if biffed) it's very unlikely that one removes one mod or a component without starting from scratch, and those are several GB just sitting there.

#391 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

Ahh, btw i have found it few moments after I post about it :D
Sword Coast Stratagems.. something has failed.

ERROR: [CLABCHRG.2DA] -> [stratagems_external/workspace/CLABCHRG.2DA] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [SPIN506.spl] not found for 'COPY'"))
ERROR: Failure("resource [SPIN506.spl] not found for 'COPY'")
Smarter general AI (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.
My installation is paused, but i dont wanna to install it from beggining... it takes now a lot of time.

#392 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

After an install, all the weidu setups and the unpacked mod dirs are useless, and they are removed anyway if you want to run a new install and restore the backup, that is suggested anyway. Now wouldn't it make sense that BWS gave an option to deleted those files soon after the relative mod is installed? In a megamod install (especially if biffed) it's very unlikely that one removes one mod or a component without starting from scratch, and those are several GB just sitting there.

That's only the partial truth, as the weidu makes backups from all the changed files during all the installations to the mod folder... now those files can be used to detect errors that are harder to detect than others... that's done with the --change-logging and other methods.
That is not to say on what you say has no credit, and there should be a "Clear up.bat", it might not be exact, in the game folder that was made for this. If you would read the manual you would know this.

Ahh, btw i have found it few moments after I post about it :D
Sword Coast Stratagems.. something has failed.
ERROR: [CLABCHRG.2DA] -> [stratagems_external/workspace/CLABCHRG.2DA] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [SPIN506.spl] not found for 'COPY'"))
ERROR: Failure("resource [SPIN506.spl] not found for 'COPY'")
My installation is paused, but i dont wanna to install it from beggining... it takes now a lot of time.

Well, there's a lot of that happening in the SCS, unfortunately those errors are unavoidable for multiple reasons, you could just copy one of the .spl files in the games override folder and rename the spell as the missing one, but that's not optimal either, as you could ruin the kit... ahh well.

Edited by The Imp, 25 April 2014 - 11:47 PM.

#393 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:11 AM

So, any suggestions except possibility of ruining something?

//well, i have found in NEJ that spell, and also in big world fixpack directories. Where and which one should I copy? Thank you :)

Edited by konva, 26 April 2014 - 12:17 AM.

#394 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:30 AM

Ok tried one from NEJ..

About 60 mins later i got this:

ERROR: [thac0.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
ERROR: Failure("hd")
what it means? Not enough space at HDD? (just have 52,6 GB left atm) Or what? :D

Edited by konva, 26 April 2014 - 02:35 AM.

#395 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

Memory=Ram
Which does mean that your PC lacked RAM or WeiDU surpassed an internal limit.
Do you use a current WeiDU? If the current one was overwritten by an old one, maybe this could have happened: Click

Edited by dabus, 26 April 2014 - 05:05 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#396 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:08 AM

How do I check the WeiDu version? I only update my BWS downloading new version. Also few mods more I install, maybe some update for some mods. So am I supposed to try update my WeiDu?

8GB ram isnt enough? :o I guess its the second option,

Edited by konva, 26 April 2014 - 05:12 AM.

#397 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

How do I check the WeiDu version?

You open the setup-*modname*.debug -file with Notepad and read the first line, it should tell you that "[setup-*modname*.exe] WeiDU version 23600" . What you should know about weidu.exe, in here, this post. The other posts are about related but not stuff.

8GB ram isnt enough? :o

It's likely that the weidu.exe is limited to the standard 2Gbs as it doesn't have the flag to allow access to the extra space(forgot the actual name of the thing). And it doesn't like to read files that are larger than 15Mb's(it's internal and intended coding limit for everything else than the COPY_LARGE commands).

Edited by The Imp, 26 April 2014 - 05:57 AM.

#398 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:46 AM

Okay read some info, but still im not sure if Im doing right :/ First thing I've tried is to download latest weidu and replace it into my BG directory. But as I said, im not sure about this.

#399 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

23201 is my version and again failed. Should I downrage version for this file only? Or what I am supposed to do now?

Edited by konva, 26 April 2014 - 06:42 AM.

#400 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

23201 is my version and again failed. Should I downrage version for this file only? Or what I am supposed to do now?
You might want to manually upgrade the versions... you generally do this by downloading the latest weidu archive, and then you delete all the setup-*modname*.exe's and replace them with the newest version, after you copy it and rename it as the deleted files, the BWS does this at the start of the installation, so as you are in the middle of the installation, you need to do it to the one file you handle manually... so you have as many of the new files as the old deleted files, as they are the same file just named differently to take commands from different files(generally the setup-*modname*.tp2, or *modname*.tp2).

Edited by The Imp, 26 April 2014 - 07:06 AM.