Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4021 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

Got this right now:

WARNING: File "ajantisbg2/setup-ajantisbg2.tp2" contains 'VERSION ~14~' instead of expected 'VERSION ~13~'!  This is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-AJANTISBG2.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/ajantisbg2".  This might mean that the patches for this mod were made for a different version of the mod than the one that you are using, or this might mean that the mod was already patched and then removed from the list in the "BWP_Fixpack.installed" file without restoring the original pre-patched files.

Do you want to try to apply the patch anyway?  If the target file is different from the original file that was used to create the patch, then the patch might fail completely (making no changes) or it might fail partially (making some changes) or it might succeed with 'fuzz' (if all of the lines to change are still in the file, but some other lines were added in between).  If partial patching occurs, the mod might fail to install or manifest other problems later.  If in doubt, please visit one of the modding forums and ask for help.

[Enter Y if you want to try patching anyway, anything else to skip patching this mod.]

I'm entering Y, will I have problems?

#4022 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

[Enter Y if you want to try patching anyway, anything else to skip patching this mod.]

I'm entering Y, will I have problems?

No

Edited by Roxanne, 29 July 2017 - 08:27 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4023 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

Saw your commit on BWS, thanks ;-)

#4024 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:44 AM

New error:

Bif removal complete.

ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-ROT.DEBUG to Gilgamesh, King Diamond (WeiDU conversion)
Automatically Skipping [Region Of Terror, v2.1] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 321438 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Region Of Terror, v2.1

C:\EET\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783>

ERROR: [BACKSTAB.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da"))
Region Of Terror (Region of Terror) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the
component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

If I click on retry, many "file not found" messages appear.. it seems there has been a problem in unpacking, maybe?

I attached my selection.. Is Region of Terror needed for anything else? Do you know if not installing it, as I did, will break anything?

Attached Files

Edited by Blash2, 29 July 2017 - 08:47 AM.

#4025 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:05 AM

New error:

Bif removal complete.

PLEASE email the file SETUP-ROT.DEBUG to Gilgamesh, King Diamond (WeiDU conversion)
Automatically Skipping [Region Of Terror, v2.1] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 321438 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Region Of Terror, v2.1

ERROR: [BACKSTAB.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da"))
Region Of Terror (Region of Terror) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the
component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

If I click on retry, many "file not found" messages appear.. it seems there has been a problem in unpacking, maybe?

I attached my selection.. Is Region of Terror needed for anything else? Do you know if not installing it, as I did, will break anything?

Did you patch RoT with this http://www.shsforums...ttach_id=29579?

Not installing RoT breaks nothing for the rest of the install.

The Sandrah Saga

#4026 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

I selected everything you see in the .ini, and cleared all the warnings BWS gave me before install.. maybe BWS should be set to install the patch you linked for EET installs?

#4027 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:17 AM

I selected everything you see in the .ini, and cleared all the warnings BWS gave me before install.. maybe BWS should be set to install the patch you linked for EET installs?

Sure.

It just requires some pre-requisites from the author. Who has been informed about the options what is needed but not responded yet.

The patch could either work like TDDz or be provided via BWFixpack, it is up to Ikki to decide.

Edited by Roxanne, 29 July 2017 - 09:18 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4028 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

Wand Case Mod entry needs to be updated to point to the correct download location, or at least to recognize the manually selected file.

https://forums.beamd...od-wand-case/p1

Edited by Blash2, 29 July 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#4029 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

Wand Case Mod entry needs to be updated to point to the correct download location, or at least to recognize the manually selected file.

https://forums.beamd...od-wand-case/p1

This download page has three different versions of the mod without date, version number, or anything to see which is the right one. And on the next page are another six versions!!!!

Hosted on some obscure server. We should really get rid of such stuff in BWS!!!!!!!

Edited by Roxanne, 29 July 2017 - 10:43 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4030 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

Well, in this case I agree ;) Not installing it in my definitive install.

You could "suspend" it from BWS until a proper source for download has been provided by the author.

Edited by Blash2, 29 July 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#4031 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

Well, in this case I agree ;) Not installing it in my definitive install.

You could "suspend" it from BWS until a proper source for download has been provided by the author.

Thanks for the hint.

Wand Case has become component of EET Tweaks by agreement of the authors of both mods

Edited by Roxanne, 29 July 2017 - 11:36 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4032 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

This download page has three different versions of the mod without date, version number, or anything to see which is the right one. And on the next page are another six versions!!!!
Hosted on some obscure server. We should really get rid of such stuff in BWS!!!!!!!

Typical of small mods yeah, that there will be posts after the main release post that carry an archive that could be found. BUT IF YOU GO AND look at the actual evidence, you'll find that:

BACKUP ~WandCase/Backup~
AUTHOR ~Mortianna (eisaugen@yahoo.com)~
VERSION ~v1.3~

The first post from Mortianna has the primary file/version ... as said in the change-log on the same post, which by the by has the "Post edited by Mortianna on January 2016" mark too, if that doesn't make it obvious then I have to ask: What would ?

Edited by The Imp, 29 July 2017 - 11:06 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4033 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

This component is not available for your language
NPC voices (EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) Tweaks) was skipped.

Is it normal? My installation is in English.

#4034 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

This component is not available for your language
NPC voices (EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) Tweaks) was skipped.

Is it normal? My installation is in English.

Is correct

EET_Tweaks component 1060 only for Polish=D:EET_Tweaks(1060):PO

It adds voices for that language that the english version has from original install already.

The Sandrah Saga

#4035 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:17 PM

Thank you.

Another error, this time with no explanation:

Copying and patching 1 file ...

SKIPPING: [multiclass kit choice]

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Choose a class for Imoen -> Make Imoen a multiclass mage/thief

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Choose a class for Minsc -> Make Minsc a fighter

Choose a class for Imoen -> Make Imoen a multi-class mage/thief (NPCs Enhanced for Everyone) was installed successfully.
Choose a class for Minsc -> Make Minsc a fighter (NPCs Enhanced for Everyone) was installed successfully.

Add kit-change innate ability for multi-class NPCs (NPCs Enhanced for Everyone) was skipped.

If a component was skipped during the install, this indicates a conflict or dependency that's still missing in the BWS. Either a similar component is already installed and thus this message is harmless, or the
component depends on a mod that's missing. If you don't want to continue after your analysis, you can stop the BiG World Setup now and resume from this point later.
Enter [c]ontinue or [e].

#4036 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

Thank you.

Another error, this time with no explanation:

SKIPPING: [multiclass kit choice]

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Choose a class for Imoen -> Make Imoen a multiclass mage/thief

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Choose a class for Minsc -> Make Minsc a fighter

Choose a class for Imoen -> Make Imoen a multi-class mage/thief (NPCs Enhanced for Everyone) was installed successfully.
Choose a class for Minsc -> Make Minsc a fighter (NPCs Enhanced for Everyone) was installed successfully.

Add kit-change innate ability for multi-class NPCs (NPCs Enhanced for Everyone) was skipped.

If a component was skipped during the install, this indicates a conflict or dependency that's still missing in the BWS. Either a similar component is already installed and thus this message is harmless, or the
component depends on a mod that's missing. If you don't want to continue after your analysis, you can stop the BiG World Setup now and resume from this point later.
Enter [c]ontinue or [e].

This is component 3000=Add kit-change innate ability for multi-class NPCs from NPCs Enhanced for Everyone.

Something to report to that mod's forum.

The Sandrah Saga

#4037 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:09 PM

The only dependency for that component is #2000, install kit-change innate ability for single-class NPCs.

Is there a bug in the mod, or is it just that BWS is skipping it?

#4038 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:10 PM

The only dependency for that component is #2000, install kit-change innate ability for single-class NPCs.

Is there a bug in the mod, or is it just that BWS is skipping it?

Neither, I would say - it may be as simple as just having selected 3000 alone and BWS not having (yet) the dependency defined, so the mod skips it by itself, which is correct behaviour.

Could be improved by BWS pointing out the dependency.

@subtledoctor

Ability for multi-class NPCs needs ability for single-class NPCs=D:npc_ee(3000):npc_ee(2000)

would this be correct?

Edited by Roxanne, 29 July 2017 - 10:26 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4039 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:49 AM

I confirm I did not select component 2000, just 3000. So yes, apparently that dependency has to be set in BWS.

#4040 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:06 AM

Suggestion, mark "Protagonist can die" component of "EET Tweaks" as "Expert" (red colour).

More details here: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=28910

Second suggestion: could you name your commits with a reference to the changed content? "Final clean-up EET finished" forces to open every commit, one more word or two might help ;)