Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4101 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:49 AM

New error (apparently I'm finding new ones every install..):

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   1 files for [SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2] component 1.
Uninstalled      1 files for [SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2] component 1.
ERROR: Not_found
PLEASE email the file SETUP-SIRENE.DEBUG to Artemius_I
Automatically Skipping [Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

C:\EET\Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear\Data\00806>

ERROR: cannot convert %C0ILM% or %%C0ILM%% to an integer
ERROR: [Sirene/creatures/C02Siren.cre] -> [override/C02Siren.cre] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found
Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (Sirene NPC for BG1:EE) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the
component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

#4102 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:26 AM

Well , I started to adjust the descriptions of the items and spells according the balancing changes in setup.tra and setup-EE.tra (and tra_changes_v3.html) (also I updated some strings in the worldmap.tra and jounal.tra), will you change those descriptions?

Which file contains in BGEE and BG2EE the descriptions that I need to check in my language to update them acording the Beamdog's style?

Regards.

Here are few description style comparisions between old BG games (sort of, since descriptions differ between BG1, BG2 and ToB, and there are even differences in those styles - it's a complete mess that is also represented in mods) compared to EE games that use single description style in all games.

1. Celestial Fury in BG2

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
    Lightning Strike:  Once per day
    Blindness:  Once per day
Combat Abilities:
    Booming Thunder whenever the sword strikes an opponent
    (Stun, Save vs. Spell)
    Shocking Blow chance when sword strikes an opponent
    (5% chance of 20 additional electrical damage)
THAC0: +3 bonus
Damage:  1D10 +3
Damage type:  slashing
Weight:  3
Speed Factor: 1
Proficiency Type: Katana
Type:  1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable By:
 Druid
 Cleric
 Mage

Celestial Fury in BG2:EE

STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:
– Booming Thunder: Hit target must save vs. Spell or be stunned for 1 round
– Shocking Blow: 5% chance of an extra 20 electrical damage to hit target

Charge abilities:
– Lightning Strike once per day
  Damage: 10d6 electrical (Save vs. Spell for half)
  Range: 50 ft.
  Area of Effect: 1 creature

– Blindness once per day (Save vs. Spell negates)
  Range: 40 ft.
  Duration: 2 rounds
  Area of Effect: 1 creature

THAC0: +3
Damage: 1d10+3 (slashing)
Speed Factor: 1
Proficiency Type: Katana
Type: One-handed
Requires:
 6 Strength

Weight: 3

Everything above matters. Weight is always last and always separated with additional enter. There is no "D" in damage, it's always "d". "+" is never separated by space. Required stats always start from the new line with 1 space at the beginning. Double space is used only in ability descriptions not randomly after ":" like it's sometimes the case in old descriptions. And of course there is no "Usable By" section in EE games etc. and so forth.

2. Small Shield

BG2:

Armor Class Bonus: 1
Special:  No  Missile Weapon Protection
Requires: 4 Strength
Not Usable By:
 Bard
 Druid
 Mage
 Thief

BG2:EE:

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
– Armor Class: +1
– No protection against missile attacks

Requires:
 4 Strength

3. Gorgon Plate +4

BG2:

STATISTICS:

Armor Class: -1
Bonus:  15% resistance to fire and acid
Weight: 30
Requires: 12 Strength
Not Usable By:
 Bard
 Druid
 Mage

BG2:EE:

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
– Fire Resistance: +15%
– Acid Resistance: +15%

Armor Class: -1 (-7 vs. slashing)
Requires:
 12 Strength

Notice (-7 vs. slashing) in above example - item hasn't been changed between BG2 and BG2:EE. For some bizarre reason original devs decided to not list AC accurately and simply mention base AC bonus. In EE games all AC bonuses are listed (which is good change btw.).

4. Helm

BG2:

STATISTICS:

Armor Class Bonus:  None
Special:  Protects Against Critical Hits
Weight: 2
Not Usable By:
Mage
Bard
Thief

BG2:EE

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
– Protects against critical hits

Weight: 2

Notice that there is no "Armor Class Bonus:  None" in EE games. If there is no AC bonus then it's not listed. Also something like "Special:" doesn't exist - it's either "Equipped abilities:", "Combat abilities:" or "Charge abilities:" (always above all other item stats).

------------

Things like that. Everything above is true for English language. I have no idea how descriptions look like in Spanish version of BG2:EE. If team responsible for BG2:EE Spanish translation use different description style (it's possible that they didn't even change it from the vanilla game) then mod translators should write descriptions the same way rather than following how it looks like in English. The aim here is to be consistent with the game.

When it comes to original games you can keep it the way it already looks like (of course items have been toned down so you need to compare stats with English text). For setup-EE.tra download Near Infinity, open BG2:EE, change language to Spanish, and see yourself what style you should use to write item descriptions (or you could simply check some items in game).

------------

Updating item descriptions is frustraiting and boring task. The mod sits on my Github for more than a year now and up until now hasn't been updated properly. But since you showed interest in updating Spanish translation I've decided to finally finish updating English setup-EE.tra. Maybe it will be of some use for you (although, as I mentioned, you should adopt style that is used in Spanish BG2:EE, since there may be differences compared to English). There will be probably more cosmetic description changes in future since this is rushed (reactionary) update, but only to the description style (to make it more accurate with BG2:EE), not item stats.

edit: btw. since the mod has been updated, BWS should probably update link to DSotSC as well.

Edited by K4thos, 02 August 2017 - 11:14 AM.

#4103 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

Notice (-7 vs. slashing) in above example - item hasn't been changed between BG2 and BG2:EE. For some bizarre reason original devs decided to not list AC accurately and simply mention base AC bonus. In EE games you need to list all AC bonuses for armors every time.
In BG1, technically the item type decided the additional AC bonuses, while the primary type also decided the original AC, which the magical enhancement added the +1-3's, from which you can find out that the green Ankheg Plate Mail is a Plate Mail +2 similar like the Delver's Plate 2 in BG2, neither which is a not a Full Plate Mail. The cost of the FPM is that they are HEAVIER, and harder to find in the same enhancement level even in late game, except the Drow stuff that's disintegrates in "sun light".

Several mods have tried to "balance the different kinds of armor", but not many have succeeded for several reasons, one being that the natural AC only extends from 20 to -20, in a game that has dragons whose effective Thac0 is -12(-5 normal thac0 and +7 from STR of 25), meaning that that it's hard for them to even miss, even with maxed AC of -20.
– Blindness once per day (Save vs. Spell negates)
Range: 40 ft.
I would like to see that, but thing is, I won't cause the spell will very likely require line of sight, which by definition is only 30ft, even with extended vision effect.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4104 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

K4thos, I've checked the items descriptions in Spanish with Nearinfinity and I've realised it does not use the BG2:EE style is some aspects like "Equipped abilities", "Combat abilities", "Charge abilities" or "Damage" , for example the Gorgon Plate +4:

English version:

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
– Fire Resistance: +15%
– Acid Resistance: +15%

Armor Class: -1 (-7 vs. slashing)
Requires:
 12 Strength

Spanish version:

CARACTERÍSTICAS:

Clase de armadura: -1 (-7 contra daño cortante)

Aptitudes poseídas: +15% de resistencia al fuego y al ácido

Peso: 30 lbs

Requisitos: Fuerza 12

In the Spanish version you cannot find either the "Usable By"  and the "Special" section. But the "Damage" section use the BG2 style and the "Weight" is usually last (but for some items is not the last)

So , considdering that I will make the translation for Spanish. Thank you very much for your help :coolthumb:

Edited by Unknow_error, 02 August 2017 - 12:08 PM.

#4105 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:16 PM

Spanish version:

yep, looks like description style in Spanish is the same as in old BG with minor changes (in above example "-7 contra daño cortante" has been added since this info is never mentioned in old games). In this case updating translation should be easier because existing Spanish setup.tra can be used as a base.

edit: for perspective here's amount of changes needed when it comes to Polish EE descriptions (Celestial Fury)

BG2:

PARAMETRY:

Obrażenia: 1K10 +3
TraK0: +3
Typ obrażeń: sieczne
Specjalne:
  Raz dziennie pozwala rzucić Błyskawicę
  Raz dziennie pozwala rzucić Ociemniałość
  Przy każdym trafieniu ofiara musi wykonać rzut obronny na magię albo zostanie ogłuszona
  5% szansa na dodatkowe 20 pkt. obrażeń od elektryczności
Waga: 3
Opóźnienie: 1
Rodzaj biegłości: Katana
Typ broni: 1-ręczna
Wymagana siła: 6
Nie może używać:
Druid
Kapłan
Mag

BG2:EE

PARAMETRY:

Specjalne:
– Huk gromu: Ogłuszenie na jedną rundę, po trafieniu (rzut obronny przeciw czarom neguje)
– Porażające uderzenie: 5% szans na dodatkowe 20 obrażeń od elektryczności, po trafieniu

Właściwości ładunków:
– Uderzenie błyskawicy, raz dziennie
  Obrażenia: 10k6 obrażeń od elektryczności (połowa po rzucie obronnym przeciw czarom)
  Zasięg: 16 metrów
  Obszar działania: 1 istota

– Ociemniałość, raz dziennie (rzut obronny przeciw czarom neguje)
  Zasięg: 13 metrów
  Czas działania: 2 rundy
  Obszar działania: 1 istota

Obrażenia: 1k10 +3
TraK0: +3
Typ obrażeń: sieczne
Opóźnienie: 1
Rodzaj biegłości: katana
Typ broni: 1-ręczna

Wymagania:
– Siła: 6

Waga: 3

Edited by K4thos, 02 August 2017 - 12:29 PM.

#4106 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

Again that same error with Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear.

https://forums.beamd...and-bg-sod-v2-2

I really understand why: I tried maybe 5 or 6 installations before the last 2, nothing went wrong with Sirene, and that mod seems to not have been updated in the last few days.

I got an error also installing EET core.. this is crazy. Might it be because I deselected "install in batches"?

Edited by Blash2, 02 August 2017 - 02:02 PM.

#4107 -Moloch-

-Moloch-

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:45 PM

Yeah, that was the post I have linked. Since the mod that failed in that description was another one, I didn't expect that solution to work. And sure enough, it didn't.

I edited the eet_cpmvars.tpa file from  Askalon's Questpack (I commented the lines to not check if exist the fileFluidStates.tpa in EET folder) , and it worked for me , here is the file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/3wchhh

You only need to copy and replace it in \AC_QUEST\lib 

Thank you, it worked!

#4108 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:06 PM

I really understand why: I tried maybe 5 or 6 installations before the last 2, nothing went wrong with Sirene, and that mod seems to not have been updated in the last few days.

I got an error also installing EET core.. this is crazy. Might it be because I deselected "install in batches"?

Just read latest commit about Sirene.. is that why I was having the problems I reported?

#4109 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:17 AM

Just read latest commit about Sirene.. is that why I was having the problems I reported?

No. This was the attempt to repair it but it had to be reverted.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4110 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

I suggest marking the mod as expert in the meantime.

#4111 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:55 AM

I suggest marking the mod as expert in the meantime.

The error points to her kit (Paladin of Illmater) COILM. These errors sometimes appear when a previously installed mod did not complete some kit adding action correctly. The problem thus may lie outside of the Sirene mod.

This is just a guess, however, based on experience - we have seen similar issues in the past with one mod or other.

Edited by Roxanne, 03 August 2017 - 12:55 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4112 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:04 AM

That bug caused even EET core to not install. Running an install with same components but without Sirene, and all is going well.

#4113 Moloch.

Moloch.
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:05 AM

Two minor annoyances:

i) (This is probably a bug). Upon joining, Jaheira has four lvl 1 spell slots. Three of them are occupied by Cure Minor Wounds. The 4th one seems empty, but every time I tried to fill it with a spell, it didn't fill. Later I discovered that Jaheira also had the Entangle spell (I found this out when I clicked on the magic icon on her character UI).

I suspect that the fourth spell slot is occupied by Entangle. However, the slot appears to be blank and the Entangle spell does not appear in her spellbook.

ii) For some reason, both gems and potions are unidentified. The only thing I can think of is that I forgot to untick the "Gems and Potions require identification" in the Tweaks Anthology mod. However, when I choose the "My latest selection" option in the Big World Setup window, the option is unticked.

Just in case the component was actually ticked, do I now have to re-install the whole thing in order to get rid of this, or can I manually re-run the mod?

#4114 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:10 AM

Two minor annoyances:

i) (This is probably a bug). Upon joining, Jaheira has four lvl 1 spell slots. Three of them are occupied by Cure Minor Wounds. The 4th one seems empty, but every time I tried to fill it with a spell, it didn't fill. Later I discovered that Jaheira also had the Entangle spell (I found this out when I clicked on the magic icon on her character UI).

I suspect that the fourth spell slot is occupied by Entangle. However, the slot appears to be blank and the Entangle spell does not appear in her spellbook.

ii) For some reason, both gems and potions are unidentified. The only thing I can think of is that I forgot to untick the "Gems and Potions require identification" in the Tweaks Anthology mod. However, when I choose the "My latest selection" option in the Big World Setup window, the option is unticked.

Just in case the component was actually ticked, do I now have to re-install the whole thing in order to get rid of this, or can I manually re-run the mod?

i) Without any information of which game you installed or which mods you selected, who can say?

ii) The weidu.log in your game folder should tell you - open it with any text editor and look for *.Gems and Potions require identification*

The Sandrah Saga

#4115 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:20 AM

ERROR Installing [Imoen Friendship], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [IMOENFRIENDSHIP/IMOENFRIENDSHIP.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      0 files for [IMOENFRIENDSHIP/IMOENFRIENDSHIP.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "imoenfriendship/translations/utf8/English")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-IMOENFRIENDSHIP.DEBUG to K'aeloree (kae@spellholdstudios.net)
Automatically Skipping [Imoen Friendship] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Imoen Friendship

C:\EET\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783>

ERROR: error loading [imoenfriendship/translations/utf8/English]
Imoen Friendship for SoA (Imoen Friendship) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.

#4116 Moloch.

Moloch.
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

Two minor annoyances:

i) Without any information of which game you installed or which mods you selected, who can say?

ii) The weidu.log in your game folder should tell you - open it with any text editor and look for *.Gems and Potions require identification*

i) I could list all the mods that I have installed, but it would take quite a long time for you to read. Nevertheless, I can do that if someone has the patience to read it.

Edit: I have installed all the spells and all the kits available, included all Faith and Powers and Might and Guile components, except those that were unticked.

ii) I followed your advice and yes, that component is installed. So... do I have to do a full BWS reinstall to get rid of this, or can I just re-run tweaks anthology?

Edited by Moloch., 03 August 2017 - 02:32 AM.

#4117 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:33 AM

PLEASE email the file SETUP-IMOENFRIENDSHIP.DEBUG to K'aeloree (kae@spellholdstudios.net)
Using Language [English]

This version https://github.com/R...hive/master.zip ?

I just uploaded an EE/EET compatible version and deleted the BWFixpack required for the old one. Maybe you just had a bad timing to download just in between those two separate updates.

Edited by Roxanne, 03 August 2017 - 02:36 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4118 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:34 AM

Two minor annoyances:

i) I could list all the mods that I have installed, but it would take quite a long time for you to read. Nevertheless, I can do that if someone has the patience to read it.

Edit: I have installed all the spells and all the kits available, included all Faith and Powers and Might and Guile components, except those that were unticked.

ii) I followed your advice and yes, that component is installed. So... do I have to do a full BWS reinstall to get rid of this, or can I just re-run tweaks anthology?

That weidu.log you just opened is the list of mods/components you have installed.

Post the file (not the contents, the file itself) here, and we may see.

The Sandrah Saga

#4119 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

Using Language [English]

This version https://github.com/R...hive/master.zip ?
I just uploaded an EE/EET compatible version and deleted the BWFixpack required for the old one. Maybe you just had a bad timing to download just in between those two separate updates.

No, I used the latest one, the one that is available at this moment ;) Luckily that mod has no dependencies and I just skipped it, being able to go on with the install.

#4120 Moloch.

Moloch.
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:55 AM

Two minor annoyances:

That weidu.log you just opened is the list of mods/components you have installed.

Post the file (not the contents, the file itself) here, and we may see.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/n0pbag