Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#401 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Version 23600 of weidu:

ERROR: [thac0.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
ERROR: Failure("hd")
Smarter general AI (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.
So even update of weidu wont fix this. Why it cause so many problems, i only added 2-3 more mods than before ... and stratagems always install sucesfully, but not now. How could I fix it? Really need help.

Btw I need to fix this game asap, because I've read first book from Salvatore... Drizzt Saga so it tunes me for playing it again :D

Edited by konva, 26 April 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#402 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:47 AM

So noone knows how to solve this? :(

#403 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

Is your game in Program Files directory?

#404 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:46 AM

No, and btw, previous install(about 4 months ago) was finished without such errors

#405 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:38 AM

I have noticed that during progress during applying general-AI patch or something it fails due to memory. Still continues to updationg something else or installing until it finish..

Applying kit/proficiency/script features to Z_ZANAI
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Stopping installation because of error.
 Then it starts rolling back and after that it prints that error message listed above.

#406 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

So I guess there is no solution for this problem, right?

#407 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

@konva
Sorry, but I can only suggest to you to start new installation with the new version of BWS.

Added:
  • One Pixel Productions High Quality Music, Recolored toolbar buttons, Restored BG1 Sounds
Fixed:
  • Adjusted some dependencies
Updated:
  • Selection fits IP 14.1, TP GE 14.1. Ajantis NPC for BG2, Almateria's Restoration Project, aTweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy Graphics Overhaul, Big Picture, BGT NPC Portraits, BP-Balancer, Eilistraee's Song, Innershade, Lure of the Sirine's Call, More Style for Mages, Rogue Rebalancing, The Sellswords, Universal IWD2 Translator (Russian only)
Though mods One Pixel Productions High Quality Music and Restored BG1 Sounds have been added to the list, they are still unselected. So, install them or not - decide for yourself.

#408 phillon

phillon
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for the update Quiet. I am itching for another playthrough soon...

#409 archlich

archlich
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

@konva
Sorry, but I can only suggest to you to start new installation with the new version of BWS.

Added:

• One Pixel Productions High Quality Music, Recolored toolbar buttons, Restored BG1 Sounds
Fixed:
  • Adjusted some dependencies
Updated:
  • Selection fits IP 14.1, TP GE 14.1. Ajantis NPC for BG2, Almateria's Restoration Project, aTweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy Graphics Overhaul, Big Picture, BGT NPC Portraits, BP-Balancer, Eilistraee's Song, Innershade, Lure of the Sirine's Call, More Style for Mages, Rogue Rebalancing, The Sellswords, Universal IWD2 Translator (Russian only)
Though mods One Pixel Productions High Quality Music and Restored BG1 Sounds have been added to the list, they are still unselected. So, install them or not - decide for yourself.

Thank you! 

Does the setup for BGEE and BG2EE include all the up to date mods for these games? (e.g.  Drittz saga and Lure of Sirine Call have been recently made compatible for BGEE)

#410 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Ok thank you so much, instalation was finished sucesfully :)

#411 archlich

archlich
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

Thank you! 

Does the setup for BGEE and BG2EE include all the up to date mods for these games? (e.g.  Drittz saga and Lure of Sirine Call have been recently made compatible for BGEE)

As you can see here: Config/BGEE/Mod.ini the answer is yes.

OK for Drittz Saga, but it seems other mods have been made compatible recently, see the forum here below:

http://forum.baldurs...-quick-links/p9

I will try to install them on the bottom of the BWS, and see if everything works fine.

#412 think dude

think dude
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:53 AM

Hey  guys, I'm having a problem running the newest version with bgii- ee.  when i try to individualize my mod choices with any of the presets the bws crashes with  error msg

Line 296 File Includes\16_Select-Tree.au3
Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceed.

This doesnt happen with the prior version, however  I noticed a couple of months ago someone had same problem but got no response from anyone.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks for all of your hard work !

#413 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

A quick update.

Added:
  • Lure of the Sirine's Call for BGEE
Fixed:
  • Type of some components that cause crash in BG2EE selection

#414 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

After an install, all the weidu setups and the unpacked mod dirs are useless, and they are removed anyway if you want to run a new install and restore the backup, that is suggested anyway. Now wouldn't it make sense that BWS gave an option to deleted those files soon after the relative mod is installed? In a megamod install (especially if biffed) it's very unlikely that one removes one mod or a component without starting from scratch, and those are several GB just sitting there.

That's only the partial truth, as the weidu makes backups from all the changed files during all the installations to the mod folder... now those files can be used to detect errors that are harder to detect than others... that's done with the --change-logging and other methods.
That is not to say on what you say has no credit, and there should be a "Clear up.bat", it might not be exact, in the game folder that was made for this. If you would read the manual you would know this.

Isn't that exactly what the BiG World Clean-Up.bat is doing? BWS also copies the corresponding translation-file so it should make the Batch usable for you.
I had some discussions with some guys about debugging and such and came to the conclusion that you don't have to reinvent the wheel with the BWS if you can use the BiG World Clean-Up.bat to save some disk-space. That's also one less thing you had to keep an eye on.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#415 archlich

archlich
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

A quick update.

Added:

• Lure of the Sirine's Call for BGEE
Fixed:
  • Type of some components that cause crash in BG2EE selection

Thank you, but I tried a selection of mods for BGEE and neither Drittz Saga nor Sirine Call appear in the selection tree, even if they are included in the Config files, such as Mod.ini, Weidu.in, etc. (maybe there is the same problem also for other mods). 

Besides, I suggest to include Vynd NPC and BG Mini Quests and Encounters (beta), from Gibberlings Three.

#416 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

Can't confirm that. What did you do until you reach the selection tree?

#417 archlich

archlich
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

Can't confirm that. What did you do until you reach the selection tree?

Started AutoIt3, selected Big World Setup.au3, the program automatically detects BGEE, but when I select any kind of installation compilation (recomended, tactical, etc.) I cannot find the mods mentioned above. 

For example, I think Drittz Saga should appear in the Big Mods, but it's not there neither in another category of the tree.

Did I do something wrong?

#418 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Plain English translation, BGEE as game and only English mods doesn't give you Drizzt in the selection screen? Works here.

#419 archlich

archlich
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

Sorry, it was a stupid mistake... I was selecting the Big World Setup.au3 from an older version of BWS!

Now it works, thanks for the support.

#420 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

If you disabled vbs, you can
-drag the au3 onto the Autoit3.exe
-create a batch and put in start "BiG World Setup\AutoIt3.exe" "BiG World Setup\BiG World Setup.au3"
to have it "easier".

@quiet:
The edited vbs-file for debug mode is missing a & " 1". It doesn't start the BWS if you don't have that little parameter.
wshshell.run """BiG World Setup\AutoIt3.exe""" &" " & """BiG World Setup\Debug.au3"""& " 1", 6, True

Edited by dabus, 30 April 2014 - 05:12 PM.