Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4501 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

ok thank you, worked :)

#4502 EducatedOaf

EducatedOaf
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:59 AM

Using the latest update of BWS.

When I select the directories for BG1/BG2 I get an error telling me that my install is incomplete.

For BG1:

The "Baldur's Gate" folder you entered does not contain a full installation. The following files are missing:

data\Area000A.bif
data\Area000B.bif
data\Area000C.bif
data\Area000D.bif

Area000x.bif are BG2 files.

For BG2:

The "Baldurs Gate II" folder you entered does not contain a full installation. At least the file CD5\Movies\25movies.bif is missing...

That's a BG1 file.

I presume someone mixed the logic up and BG1 checks for BG2 files and vice versa?

Either that or I totally don't understand this program.

#4503 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:19 PM

What version you have?

How do I start the imoen big quest the kidnapping henning? I talked to him, brought him pelt.. he says something to imoen, but waited too long time and now i should proceed to bandit camp.

#4504 dubh

dubh
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

How do I add a mod like Portraits Portraits Everywhere to Big World?

#4505 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:17 PM

What version you have?

How do I start the imoen big quest the kidnapping henning? I talked to him, brought him pelt.. he says something to imoen, but waited too long time and now i should proceed to bandit camp.

Spoiler

• Edited by Roxanne, 13 January 2018 - 11:55 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4506 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

What do you mean? PPE is supported by BWS in the games it is made for.

You can just add it to a finished BWS install if you missed it. Just extract it and run the setup.

Edited by Roxanne, 13 January 2018 - 11:51 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4507 dubh

dubh
    • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:29 PM

Wjat do you mean? PPE is supported by BWS in the games it is made for.

You can just add it to a finished BWS install if you missed it. Just extract it and run the setup.

Oh. Nevermind. I thought PPE supported PSTEE, but I guess Journal Portrait Conversations is the PSTEE standalone component. Thanks.

#4508 Rakhu

Rakhu
    • 121 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:20 PM

@EducatedOaf:
    Did you check your baldur.ini files in both your BG1 and BG2 folder? There are parameters containing paths to the disc content. They need to match your current directories.
    Personally, i found using exactly the same install folder as suggested by the installer working best, that is Baldur's Gate for BG1 and BGII - SoA for BG2.
    Make also sure to fullfil the requirements (latest patches, create and save a game in EACH BG game) before starting a megamod install

#4509 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

Wjat do you mean? PPE is supported by BWS in the games it is made for.

Oh. Nevermind. I thought PPE supported PSTEE, but I guess Journal Portrait Conversations is the PSTEE standalone component. Thanks.

PPE is for BGEE BG2EE and IWDEE, it adds different components to each of the three.

The Sandrah Saga

#4510 konva

konva
    • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:02 AM

What version you have?

Spoiler
  •  
  • Hi, okay i brought him pelt after naskhel mines. Thats the problem, so i cant any longer finish this quest properly.

#4511 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:16 AM

What version you have?

Spoiler
  •  
  • Hi, okay i brought him pelt after naskhel mines. Thats the problem, so i cant any longer finish this quest properly.

Actually, you can bring the pelt later as well. I think you can do everything still as long as you do not go tp the bandit camp. If you have Imoen's quest, the camp will not show up after you killed the spy in Beregost, but that is cosmetic. You just need to pretend you do not see it until you found the orcs in Gullykin.

The Sandrah Saga

#4512 konva

konva
    • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:23 AM

well, but quest didnt started. Henning is still in his shop.

#4513 konva

konva
    • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:06 AM

also i have noticed that vault part with valiant sword.. gullykin has no ogres at all.

#4514 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:09 AM

also i have noticed that vault part with valiant sword.. gullykin has no ogres at all.

Have you killed the ogre mage in the Firewine labyrinth?

The Sandrah Saga

#4515 konva

konva
    • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:52 AM

You mean the one who is involved with kobolds? If so, then yes. And how should I fix that imoen quest?

#4516 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:04 AM

You mean the one who is involved with kobolds? If so, then yes. And how should I fix that imoen quest?

What is C:GetGlobal("SanImoNashInt","GLOBAL")?

By the way, there is nothing to *fix*. It is an optional quest you can do or leave aside. If you skipped it, there is nothing broken to be fixed.

The Sandrah Saga

#4517 konva

konva
    • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:12 AM

I didnt skippoed it by my own :D that global doesnt exist.. :( and that ogres.. i remember that after I arrive after kobolds in gullykin ogres was there but I have to reload game and they didnt arrive

#4518 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:35 AM

I didnt skippoed it by my own :D that global doesnt exist.. :( and that ogres.. i remember that after I arrive after kobolds in gullykin ogres was there but I have to reload game and they didnt arrive

- The ogres appear five days after you killed the one in the dungeon and talked to the halfling major about it. (The five day wait is reduced if you had the valiant encounter from Firewine before and Sandrah is with you.)

- If the Imoen global is not set and the quest never started, the reason may be Imoen's class, if she is not mage or thief mage and C:GetGlobal("Imoenclasschoice","GLOBAL") is 1.

Edited by Roxanne, 14 January 2018 - 04:43 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4519 konva

konva
    • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:06 AM

she is dual class mage even i had choosed only thief at candlekeep

#4520 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:38 AM

she is dual class mage even i had choosed only thief at candlekeep

In this case she does not get the quest. So no use waiting for it. You may remember having seen that quest in another game with another choice made for Imoen?

The Sandrah Saga