Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#441 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

@konva
Try to copy the attached file to the override directory.

Edited by Quiet, 08 May 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#442 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

Yes it works :) Thank you so much. Btw what was wrong there? :)

#443 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

I don't know what's happened with this file, but in "Overlay 0" "Tilemap 29" and "Tilemap 39" has wrong "Secondary tile index": "108" and "109", whereas should be "-1". Reasons of this I do not know yet.

Edited by Quiet, 05 May 2014 - 11:56 PM.

#444 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:13 AM

@konva
You can try one more thing? Remove from override directory file ar8701.wed, copy the other file attached below, and try download location again.

I think the problem in BG Graphics Overhaul mod, which adds its own .tis file.

Attached Files

Edited by Quiet, 12 May 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#445 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Hi I now have another problem. When I leave Cloakwood, in Friendly Arm inn, there is Najara NPC with his fellows. When I Attack them, one guard is easily taken down, the other NPC starts casting silence spell, and when he takes DMG, game crashes with error. Crash is caused by NPC Vallius, when I launch Magic Missle spell, or sucesfull attack at him. Below are screens with error message and ToBEx console too. Below are links to these screens.

http://imageshack.co...45/570/5ics.png
http://imageshack.co...2/6693/5dik.png

I hope I did it right. Thank you for helping me :)

Meanwhile, ill try that change map with your version and assist you with this experiment :)

//Okay deleted wed file from override, downloaded that tis file, placed into override, redownloaded wed, placed into override and entered into that camp. But nothing happens. What should happen?

Edited by konva, 07 May 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#446 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:02 AM

@konva
Sorry, I can't help you with your new error.

redownloaded wed, placed into override

You don't need to do that. Only delete wed from override, place into override downloaded tis and enter into the Tazok's tent. And look, the game will crash or not.

#447 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

Okay, tazok tent wont crash now.

The new error issue, ill try to fix it with ctrl + y to kill it.  Ok, ctrl + y sucesfully killed this bugged NPC.

Edited by konva, 08 May 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#448 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

Okay, another ctd caused probably by location, castle daethermac, or how its called. When I enter that area, DSC010, after defeat 2 battle horrors there, around coordinates x: 603 y: 1409 There is probably something wrong around these coordinates, but I cant even see whats wrong. Also tried to find something in debug, but everything seems fine. What kind of files could help you localize this issue?

#449 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

The same problem as with Tazok's tent. Use attached tis.

Attached Files

#450 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

Ok thx, how do you get the "working" tis files?

#451 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Erhm, you download the above file, extract it, and cut paste the extracted .tis file into the game folders override folder.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#452 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

Erhm, you download the above file, extract it, and cut paste the extracted .tis file into the game folders override folder.

Ehm, I probably write it in bad way. I mean, if I again find same problem, where I can find the working tis file for fixing? So i wont ask you for help with same problem again and again? :)

// Another Question, i have installed mod, Unlimited Summons, but because of modified spells, all summoning spells doesn't have correct parameters. In most cases i was able to fix it, changing monster's gender from summoned to Niether. Unfortunately, i have found some spells, which are not easy to modify. Shadow Monsters, and this kind of spells, with those i have problem editing to correct parameters. Shadow Monsters summons 5 goblins and i cant summon more. But i cant find the proper goblin for editing. Any idea how to modify it? :)

// Where i can find the NPC Draglorn? This quest starts by mulahey and the letter.

What is the NPC in jovial Juggler, Sister A Little?

Edited by konva, 11 May 2014 - 06:27 AM.

#453 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

I extract them from the installed clean BGT.

#454 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

I extract them from the installed clean BGT.

Or just use the file in the backup folder in the BG Graphics Overhaul mod.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#455 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

Ahh okay, and another questions above? :)

#456 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

// Another Question, i have installed mod, Unlimited Summons, but because of modified spells, all summoning spells doesn't have correct parameters. In most cases i was able to fix it, changing monster's gender from summoned to Niether. Unfortunately, i have found some spells, which are not easy to modify. Shadow Monsters, and this kind of spells, with those i have problem editing to correct parameters. Shadow Monsters summons 5 goblins and i cant summon more. But i cant find the proper goblin for editing. Any idea how to modify it? :)

Well, if you activate the Cheatkeys with the Console, you can force kick and force join that creatures to have a 5 party members and the creature in the party, (CTRL+K & CTRL+Q), then save the game and exit it, then open the save you just made with Near Infinity, open the Save folder, that has all your savegames in folders, open the just made save that you should remember name of and then open the baldur.gam file inside the folder, the joined creature is now on the "Player Characters", open them one by one (with double click) until, you see it in the View -> CRE -> Stats -sub tab, it contains the "Script name", which it the identifying feature, you then just find the .cre in your game files and take it from there.

And I don't have a clue about the Draglorn...

Edited by The Imp, 11 May 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#457 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

Ahh okay thank you :)

I have another problem. When I enter the palace for the ceremony of new duke, only guard asks for papers, and there is several missing NPC's. Noblemans, Belt and his wife and Sarevok, they are missing so my event cant start. How to fix this?

//Okay, I probably manage to modify these summons :) Same steps should be for another summons? Or in general, there is something like monster summoning 4 which summons random monsters. these summons are "different" than normal ones? Does it apply the same way to modify them to be unlimited numbers?

// How can I acquire coordinates to Fields of Dead in NToSC? Cleaned that farm from zombies but nothing changes.

Edited by konva, 11 May 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#458 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

I have another problem. When I enter the palace for the ceremony of new duke, only guard asks for papers, and there is several missing NPC's. Noblemans, Belt and his wife and Sarevok, they are missing so my event cant start. How to fix this?
In what Chapter is the game on in the save ?
//Okay, I probably manage to modify these summons :) Same steps should be for another summons? Or in general, there is something like monster summoning 4 which summons random monsters. these summons are "different" than normal ones? Does it apply the same way to modify them to be unlimited numbers?
They are probably summoned by using a .2da file as the resource names. You just got to summon many enough monsters and hope that you cover them all when you modify them in the same way as above.

Edited by The Imp, 11 May 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#459 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

In the Endgame chapter, guess it's 7

#460 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

@ Konva

Do you have Jarl's Adventure Pack installed. If you do then it explains why Sarevok, Belt and others aren't there. You need to some things upstairs and cellar before you get cutscene involving Sarevok and co.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible