Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#5281 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:04 AM

DELETED

Edited by Sergio, 21 January 2019 - 04:14 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#5282 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:39 AM

the only version you're going to find if you don't ask around to private users is the latest

Yeah, it's not like the download page has several available versions ... yes, that was irony, the BGT-weidu for example has: v1.16 and 3 v1.17's as alternatives for the v1.18 aka latest version. The v1.08 to v1.15 aren't available because they haven't been restored due to the site resources having gone through the ringer. The G3 has similar thing.

Not that you would actually use the old versions of that old mod.

Edit: after reading your suggestion, I've got a question: are you actually suggesting people to install every mod, and as soon there is a version or size mismatch just tell BWS to not go through, to actually have a working BWS compilation? 

No. I am suggesting that people who prefer to install multiple mods that they have no idea about, to reduce the amount until they can be sure what the hell each of the added mods does and that they likely will work ... is that amount 5 or 395 is up to the player, but for sure the later will have a few more problems than the former.

The BWS fixpack for sure has solutions to inter mod related problems... that you can't manually produce and the BWP REQUIRES you to manually do stuff you might not want to do !!!! Or lack the skills to.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5283 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:56 AM

DELETED

Edited by Sergio, 21 January 2019 - 04:14 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#5284 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:22 AM

BGT weidu is the latest mod you should refer to.

It's as good as ANY mod, on availability.

And you are wrong about how many moding sites there is. For one, there has been far more than there are today.

You can't refer to mods that had no release for the latest 6 years. These pose no problems with BWS. You have to refer to new mods\new version of mods, paired with old mods and new versions of other new mods.

But I just did.

If you intention is to get BiG World experience, then you don't even try to install newTM mods to it.

This has actually been always the case. Yes, this is reflected even in this:

but you are neglecting the most precious resources a player has when playing - TIME. Why would I be installing one, two, three times BWS until I got a perfect compilation, when a player can't even fathom if the game is going to work in all areas and all stuff until he has played the whole game, while you can actually choose 10 mods, ask on the forum instructions on how to best install them and actually have a decent working game and relax with it, instead of having to troubleshoot?

See, thing is, you can either op it in, or out.

And most sparing time savers op all of it out.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5285 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:00 AM

DELETED

Edited by Sergio, 21 January 2019 - 04:33 AM.

#5286 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • Modder
  • 983 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:15 AM

This app is now obsolete. Furthermore, no one should really try to contribute anymore because the process is very time-consuming and ineffective. All you contributions will be outdated after a month or two when mods internal structure will change. If you want to use something which will never be outdated (at the price of few user actions required) try this: https://forums.beamd...beta-for-all/p1

@Moderators, please close this topic.

Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games

Infinity Auto Packager - automatically generate and adds mod packages to GitHub release

Modder's Guide to GitHub - you cannot have progress without committing changes

#5287 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:40 AM

I also edited the first post.