Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#641 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Kudos to you both, Alien and Quiet for the work you are putting into this :P <3

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#642 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

So, found a bug. I was reinstalling everything today.

Visual hint:

http://postimg.org/image/t34zgcp3j/

I get this if I choose BWS: BIG world project detailed customization

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#643 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Fullscreen is a pain in the *** if you want to keep aspects / ratio / logic like you want to. Automatic resizing will - in my case - show you hidden stuff/overlap with other items, try to resize the pic at the top... so there's some manual work involved for setting every item.
It guess it will not show up if you keep the normal size, correct?. Since I can't reproduce anyway: What did you select/click exactly?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#644 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

I have to apologize, Dabus.

I started it a lot of times but it never worked. But now, after rebooting the pc, it works perfectly.

And no, it didn't work if I resized it. :(

Edit:

-->Minor bug: inside "the big bg2 mods" there is bg2 tweak pack. I don't think it is supposed to be here ;)

Edited by Sergio, 22 July 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#645 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

http://postimg.org/image/odcnrx6mv/

I've also had another issue, where the "default" language for mods was set to polish ;) - but I have to double check.

Anyway to find bg2 tweaks inside bg2 big mods, you have to choose BWS: BIG world project detailed customization

#646 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

http://prntscr.com/45bwkw ?
Can you use the direct link ? AKA:
http://i.imgur.com/cAQtlj5.png
Or:
[img=http://i.imgur.com/cAQtlj5.png]
Which leads to this:
---
Anyway to find bg2 tweaks inside bg2 big mods, you have to choose BWS: BIG world project detailed customization
I don't have it there either(BG2 Tweaks), ALIEN's PO in the BGT is because he's chosen the Polish language as the primary language translation...

You might need to clean the selection info.... it might have gotten an update that didn't go fully well with your previously made selection.

Edited by The Imp, 22 July 2014 - 10:58 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#647 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

Yes, I'm tempted to say it could be an issue related to a selection .ini I saved time ago :\

#648 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

Saved selections don't save translations. I had a user.ini in a previous download, which does not belong in there.
That set translations to English, Mods to PO EN and default folders that did not exist.

@the Imp: Can you remove the image? Or am I the only one that dislikes scrolling through pics showing some previous problems?

Edited by dabus, 22 July 2014 - 09:52 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#649 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

@the Imp: Can you remove the image? Or am I the only one that dislikes scrolling through pics showing some previous problems?
Did already... And yeah, you are the only one that doesn't like to see what is talked about.. he heh ehehh... yes, I understand that you probably use a phone to look at the forum or whatever... but on a regular computer scrolling down a window is for the mouse wheel.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#650 Neoatticus

Neoatticus
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

Does this, by any chance, work for the Steam version?

#651 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:11 AM

Does this, by any chance, work for the Steam version?

Yes, there's a few things though. Not that the game will ever get a steam update. The BWS should have updated itself so you don't have to make a special editing of the baldur.ini to find the "25movies.bif" file, not the renamed patch readme, but it would be good to know about them. There's a text about this here, the 2.Q3 ... I really should clean that.

#652 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

NVM

Edited by Sergio, 24 July 2014 - 04:32 AM.

#653 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:32 AM

The first one is that bg2 tweak pack is still amongst the big mods even if I cancelled everything bg2 related from my hard disk

Erhm, remove the entire BiG World Setup folder(and if you have, cut paste the Downloads folder elsewhere of course) and the BiG World Setup.vbs files and then re-extract the latest package to there and see what happens...

This is after you have backed out of the install and have a clean BG2 folder.

Edited by The Imp, 24 July 2014 - 04:35 AM.

#654 Swag-Golem

Swag-Golem
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:57 AM

Is the version in the starting post regarded as the current and recommended BWS?

#655 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

Is the version in the starting post regarded as the current and recommended BWS?
The first link leads to the download page with the correct link, so yes. The archives are date named and the latest is always on top.

Edited by The Imp, 28 July 2014 - 07:00 AM.

#656 Swag-Golem

Swag-Golem
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

The first link leads to the download page with the correct link, so yes. The archives are date named and the latest is always on top.

Thank you! Is there any tutorial about how those install files must be used? They work differently than the old BWS and I'm having weird problems that probably are just the result of file extraction in wrong order.

Here's a screen shot, just in case:

jidcwjiqgyt2.jpg

#657 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

Here's a screen shot, just in case:
Read my FAQ... it very clearly says not to install the game to Operation System protected folders... aka C drives Program Files sub-folders.
Simply because the game files there cannot be modified or stored there.

#658 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

Hey, I've got a question to ask, well two:

1- I would like to know what are the differences between the normal "ascension" and the BP ascension.

2- Does anyone have a link to make me able to download BP ascension? I need it because I have to show it to a friend. Would you kindly give me a proper link?

Edited by Sergio, 31 July 2014 - 06:34 AM.

#659 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

Hey, I've got a question to ask, well two:

1- I would like to know what are the differences between the normal "ascension" and the BP ascension.

2- Does anyone have a link to make me able to download BP ascension? I need it because I have to show it to a friend. Would you kindly give me a proper link?

2. Well here you go. It's a component in the mod, duh. And it can be installed separately, well the latest needs the BP's primary component, but that's it.

1. Well, instead of overwriting everything, the BP tries to append things as much as possible, so it's more compatible to install later on, but not strictly with everything.

There was a plan to make the original Ascension a BG2EE compatible in the past, and Cuv was attached to the project, but I have heard nothing from it for a wwhhiillee, of course it's likely that as I don't go to the official BGxEE forums ever nearly, that I haven't read anything of it...

Edited by The Imp, 31 July 2014 - 07:17 AM.

#660 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

thanks, ma boy!