Photo

Purpose of these two effects on the "Enhanced Jester Song"?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tooplex

Tooplex
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

I was editing your mod to make it more to my liking (Love the mod btw is amazing) And while looking through the effects of the enhanced Jester Song, I saw two effects that made me wonder why its there? Its under the file "RR#BJS04"

Effect 1:

Type: Protection from spell (206)
Target: Preset target (2)
Power: 0
String: No such index
Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h
Timing mode: Instant/Limited (0)
Dispel/Resistance: No dispel/bypass resistance (0)
Duration: 17
Probability 1: 100
Probability 2: 0
Resource: RR#BJS04.SPL (No such index)
# dice thrown/maximum level: 0
Dice size/minimum level: 0
Save type: ( Spell(0) )
Save bonus: -2

Effect 2:

Type: Protection from spell (206)
Target: Preset target (2)
Power: 0
String: <NO TEXT>
Timing mode: Instant/Limited (0)
Dispel/Resistance: No dispel/bypass resistance (0)
Duration: 16
Probability 1: 100
Probability 2: 0
Resource: RR#BJS04.SPL (No such index)
# dice thrown/maximum level: 0
Dice size/minimum level: 0
Save type: ( Spell(0) )
Save bonus: 2

Unless im wrong wont it mean that the enemys will be immune to the Jesters Song pretty much negateing the effects if the fail the save?

Just would like this to be cleared up thats all :)

#2 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

They make the song non-cumulative. At this level, the song has several blocks of effects with different saving throws, hence the different saving throws on these two effects. Note that the order of the effects matter. These two effects are located after the relevant other effects and won't prevent any preceeding effects from affecting the target.

#3 Tooplex

Tooplex
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

They make the song non-cumulative. At this level, the song has several blocks of effects with different saving throws, hence the different saving throws on these two effects. Note that the order of the effects matter. These two effects are located after the relevant other effects and won't prevent any preceeding effects from affecting the target.

Thanks very much for the response, Any idea of how i can change the order of effects with Near Infinity without having to delete them one by one?

Edit: Also why is it only the Enhanced song that has them instead of the normal songs?

Edited by Tooplex, 22 September 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#4 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Thanks very much for the response, Any idea of how i can change the order of effects with Near Infinity without having to delete them one by one?
NI does not have that functionality.
Edit: Also why is it only the Enhanced song that has them instead of the normal songs?
RR#BJS04 is lingering song. Its effects persist for longer than 1 round, unlike the normal or enhanced Jester songs. If lingering song was cumulative, it could potentially stack with itself up to 3 times from just a single singing Jester. Normal, round-long songs don't need to be non-cumulative because the effects expire before they can accumulate.

Edited by Wisp, 23 September 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#5 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

I think you can sort of emulate it by cutting and pasting effects (they will move to the bottom).

#6 Tooplex

Tooplex
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

RR#BJS04 is lingering song. Its effects persist for longer than 1 round, unlike the normal or enhanced Jester songs. If lingering song was cumulative, it could potentially stack with itself up to 3 times from just a single singing Jester. Normal, round-long songs don't need to be non-cumulative because the effects expire before they can accumulate.

Aaah, Yes, I saw that it was the lingering song, It makes more sense now. Again thanks to Avenger and you for the amazing mod. Still loving it after all this time :)

And yeah thats what i feared about NI, I couldnt find that feature

I think you can sort of emulate it by cutting and pasting effects (they will move to the bottom).

Yeah thats sadly what i was doing before but thanks for the help anyway :)