Pros/Cons of AI party scripts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jourin

Jourin
  • 33 posts

Donator

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

I'm getting tired of micro managing the party and with SCS and other harder mods, I need to micro more to win.  Thinking about some party AI scripts but don't know the pros and cons to really pick one or understand how to use it.  Looking for some help.

SCS comes with Ease of Use - Do I need to use hot keys to use?  I picked this but it doesn't seem to be working very well and went back to micro managing

G minion is also a script.  The BWP has some other scripts.  XXX just released a script.

What is the best script - pros and cons? and how to activate.

Thanks for the help!

#2 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Sadly, I don't know any up-to-date player scripts that I would like or recommend to anybody.

There was that excellent uscript long time ago, but it doesn't support mods content. As for modern scripts, my greatest issue is that all of these are tend to require player's input (hotkeys) for a stable work; stupid things can't seem to figure it out on their own when to buff, when to summon, and so on.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#3 Jourin

Jourin
  • 33 posts

Donator

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Here is my evaluation:

Ease of Use (comes with SCS):  The one I have tried:  Doesn't seem to be doing anything, but maybe I have not activated it correctly with hot keys or maybe it is just not doing what I expected.

sgSeries by YOVANETH: Doesn't support TOB seems old

eSeries by Cirerrek:  supports TOB.  Recommend alternative script by Yovaneth.  Seems currently updated.  Seems very simple to use.  Seems like an updated version of the sgSeries .  Not sure if it works with BGT

Macholy's Teammates Fight Scripts: Pretty new, sounds good but sounds very complicated to use.  WEB site is in German so hard to learn more about these scripts.

Xparty scripts by XyX:  sounds like some very basic but well thought out scripts.  Like what is does, but maybe want more.

BP Scripts by Horred the Plague:  Very new, seems like an update on eSeries, but looks like still in Beta testing.  Seems a little more complicated to use than eSeries but appears simpler than Macholy's.  Supports BGT.

Just by studying the different readme files I would go with either eSeries, Xparty or BP Scripts.

eSeries looks like it doesn't need hotkeys so  Creespin maybe it looks more like uscript

Xparty looks like a very good minimal script, but maybe I want more

BP Scripts look like an updated version of eSeries but require hotkeys

Appreciate any feedback!

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

You're right about the sgSeries - Cirerrek and I worked together and at the time it seemed logical to us to run two sets of scripts for two different games so that the currently-available CPUs weren't overloaded. The sgSeries has some support for NPC mods but don't ask me which ones any more. Also, the sgSeries is behind the times when it comes to detectable spells; I haven't updated them for a number of years. IMO BPSeries is your best bet as it builds off sgSeries/eSeries with the addition of all the new detectable spell stuff.

-Y-