Photo

Compatability problems with 1pp cause wound spells

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pol

Pol
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

Firstly, this is a wonderful mod - the new animations really improve the experience - but I've found an issue.

In the vanilla game most creatures with a Harm, Cause Critical Wounds or Cause Serious Wounds spell memorized (i.e. Nymphs) will cast it at a enemy target rather than upon themselves, but with AI improvement mods such as SCS and RR (and probably others) they will cast the spell on themselves before attacking and - with 1pp's tweak installed - suffer the damage.

I've fixed this locally, the spells will now create the items HARM, CRITICAL and SERIOUS if cast on self and these items are changed to hit automatically and cast the 1pp version of the spell upon hitting an enemy.

I didn't bother changing Cause Light Wounds and Cause Moderate Wounds because they don't exist in vanilla so no caster will use them anyway.

Attached Files

Edited by Pol, 25 September 2013 - 03:16 AM.

#2 Pol

Pol
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

I just realized Erephine hasn't posted for nearly an entire year... Does anyone maintain the mod while she's away? I'm sorry to see good modders like Erephine and aVENGER retire.

Just want to clarify; I made this topic to suggest a fix for the author, I don't mean to distribute unsolicited hacks of someone else's work.

#3 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Erephine might be back all of a sudden but it's really hard to say if and when.

I don't think she'd object to anybody with enough skills to come with corrections for her modifications.

#4 -agris-

-agris-

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

DavidW should be summoned.. this is more likely to be fixed on his end, if he can detect the offending 1pp component.