Photo

Some creatures CTD

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

I have a problem with some creatures because I get a Crash to Desktop as soon as they are spawned.

the creatures are: DEMOCLER.CRE, GORGUA03.CRE, TOBPAR05.CRE and YARMY02.CRE 

Can anyone help me to understand why I get the crash and possibly to fix the problem please??? :crying:

After check using near infinity I got the following results:

• File: DEMOCLER.CRE  Offset: 5f2h  Error message: 24 unused bytes between Unknown(5f2h) and Item(60ch);
  • File: GORGUA03.CRE  Offset: 652h  Error message: 24 unused bytes between Unknown(652h) and Signature(66ch);
  • File: TOBPAR05.CRE  Offset: 5f2h  Error message: 12 unused bytes between Unknown(5f2h) and Item(600h);
  • File: YARMY02.CRE  Offset: 406h  Error message: 12 unused bytes between Unknown(406h) and Item(414h)

and here is the file TobEx error:

•  

• ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8BB49B File: ObjCreature.cpp Line: 12381 Expression: creatureSize == 0 Message: (null);
    • ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8BB49B File: ObjCreature.cpp Line: 12381 Expression: creatureSize == 0 Message: (null)
    • ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8BB49B File: ObjCreature.cpp Line: 12381 Expression: creatureSize == 0 Message: (null);

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 25 September 2013 - 05:49 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

Do a changelog of any one of those files and try putting them one by one (start from the mod at the bottom of the changelog) into the override (from the backup folders of whatever mods change the file)

If you find a version of the file that doesn't crash, note down which mod's backup it came from... that mod is the culprit :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Hi Lollorian :)

At first look seems that all 4 creatures came from the vanilla game.....

I put them in the override folder and I got the following:

- Tobpar05.cre and yarmy02 seems works fine -

- Gorgua.cre crash to desktop (the creature name in my mega installation is "Ferrumach Rilmani" and in my vanilla game "Guardian Spirit" :)

- Democler.cre : I' not found this file but you can take a look here: http://forums.pocket...39.10/wap2.html

PS: I'm sorry but what do you mean "Do a changelog"? :whistling:

Thanks!!!

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

How to changelog :cheers:

Do that for any of your crashing CREs and attach both the change-log.txt as well as the change-log folder (zipped) :P

All of them come from BP btw... But BP component #150 seems to fix those unused bytes somehow in my game.

Edited by Lollorian, 25 September 2013 - 09:46 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

Ninja's...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

How to changelog :cheers:

Do that for any of your crashing CREs and attach both the change-log.txt as well as the change-log folder (zipped) :P

All of them come from BP btw... But BP component #150 seems to fix those unused bytes somehow in my game.

I'm not be able to use change-log at this time!!

The files are overwritten by the vanilla game, and then worked by Big Picture!!!

I tried to overwrite the files directly from the "Big Picture folder" but I got CTD too...

Are you so kind to attach your "creatures"? So I can overwrite them in my override folder and check if the files works fine!!! 

Ninja's...

:whistling:  :ROFL:

Edited by ilot, 26 September 2013 - 01:22 AM.

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

Here you go :) Hope they don't crash (I haven't encountered them in my game... I think :P)

PS: I use infinityanimations so they might crash if there's a mismatch between anims in your game and my game.

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 26 September 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#8 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Here you go :) Hope they don't crash (I haven't encountered them in my game... I think :P)

PS: I use infinityanimations so they might crash if there's a mismatch between anims in your game and my game.

Lol, that's very kind of you to give me your creatures :cheers:

I changed all animations excep for democler.cre in my game then It worked fine and I'm not ctd now!!!!

Edited by ilot, 27 September 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Glad to help :cheers: (although it would've been awesomer to know why they CtDed but... meh :P)