Photo

Need a little guidance

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stirlitz

Stirlitz
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Hello there, I think i've posted once or twice before here, seeking some help with the BP mod, but I ended up not using it since I had no internet connection at the time and had grabbed the downloaded files from a friend using an external HDD. A couple of days ago I bought a DND game pack from gamersgate which included BG1+2 and since I missed playing my favourite game I installed the whole package... But I thought I'd give the BP project another try since i've heared awesome things about it... I'd appreciate some guidance, since if I remember correctly it was quite a messy installation with tons of compatibility issues...

Can someone give me a little guidance with the mods I have to download and how to install them? I got a little confused with the BP 1.81 or the BP-WeiDU and which one is the one I should download...

The BP 1.81 beta 4103 download page suggests this:

"Installation/Compatibility: Just extract the contents of the archive into your BG2ToB folder of choice, and double-click on Setup-BP.exe I recommend installing after SCS 1 & 2, if you actually want to play BP. You can probably choose most of your favorites from each mod, and make your install even more enjoyable. Same goes for other AI mods with lots of little slices. And there's still a "leftovers" section (generic AI/encounters) that contains all the old BP you've played for years, for those that prefer it to other choices."

What is the SCS1+2 and what other mods do you think would make the most of a BP play experience? I am(or used to be years ago) a BG veteran with regards to the original game(I've finished bg/tob ~30ish+times in the past) but i've forgotten tons of stuff and would like to give it another go with a the full set of modifications available...

Thanks for your time,

Regards, Stirlitz

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

The BP 1.81 beta 4103 download page suggests this:
What is the SCS1+2 and what other mods do you think would make the most of a BP play experience? I 

Well, the SCS1 and SCS2 are the two parts of the Sword Coast Stategems mod at g3... it's another AI changing mod... what the comment is about is, it's the sum up of the compatibility, it's not saying anything about the best experience with the BP. Just that if you wish the close to original BP experience, you install the BP after the SCS, yes, the SCSI&SCSII was unified after the readme was updated to be just SCS v22 beta..- v24.

And you might also be confusing the BiG World Project with the BP(Big Picture - weidu v1.81 beta 4103 or later), the one being community project to set a firm install order&guide, while the BP is just a mod among the 400 mod that the project takes.

Edited by The Imp, 30 September 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.