The 'official' BWP Fixpack thread

BiG World Project Fixpack

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#221 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:50 AM

I think this is not supported by the NPC Stronghold mod thief/mage gets thief guild and planar sphere >>> would be OR
Yeah, but Greenhorn is talking about having the Thief/Mage as the Bhallspawn.

Exactly. 

#222 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:54 AM

I think this is not supported by the NPC Stronghold mod thief/mage gets thief guild and planar sphere >>> would be OR

I am talking of the same - as soon as the Bhaalspawn PC has accepted his first Stronghold (which sets a specific global in the game) the remaining strongholds options work differently in the mod. The PC however can make the first choice. NPC Strongholds also takes multi-class NPCs into account and has quite complex rules to determine how those would be applicable for any stronghold. It allows for a large variety of cases.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#223 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:02 AM

I am talking of the same - as soon as the Bhaalspawn PC has accepted his first Stronghold (which sets a specific global in the game) the remaining strongholds options work differently in the mod. The PC however can make the first choice. NPC Strongholds also takes multi-class NPCs into account and has quite complex rules to determine how those would be applicable for any stronghold. It allows for a large variety of cases.

Hmm, it seems the moral of the story is: " more is less" and don't try to mix those two if you appreciate smooth and bugfree game?

#224 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:11 AM

Hmm, it seems the moral of the story is: " more is less" and don't try to mix those two if you appreciate smooth and bugfree game?

There is one small consideration for you before you decide - as you have read in the mod description -  your choice of party is slightly restricted (at least in the early part of SoA where you would play the strongholds) as mod NPCs do not (yet) qualify.

The Sandrah Saga

#225 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:26 AM

There is one small consideration for you before you decide - as you have read in the mod description -  your choice of party is slightly restricted (at least in the early part of SoA where you would play the strongholds) as mod NPCs do not (yet) qualify.

I already made my mind, decided that I will use NPCStronghold, just checking to see if I can get away with little cheating. As for your advice, I usually change party composition very often with many NPC joining and leaving multiple times. For my next adventure only Jaheira, Sandrah and Imoen ( at least for as long as possible ) would be irreplaceable. ( sorry Minsc, old pal ). I really hope Jen'ling is not one of those NPC who leaves forever if kicked, like Yasraena, Kivan, etc.. ( I wonder did you alter them in that matter ). But sorry, I digress, and this is not topic for this questions...

#226 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:31 AM

NPC Strongholds is currently the preferred choice among the conflicts but it isn't in the Recommended pre-selection yet.  I'm happy to promote it to Recommended if others agree.

There should be some more votes for this - I did not yet do all the variations of NPC Stronghold, Those I did were very well done, (e.g. Jaheira got the Druid Grove, Kivan the ranger of Umar). I have not yet done Planar Sphere (PC qualified and I had no other candidate in the party). 

So, Kivan is that mysterious stranger?! 

#227 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:17 AM

NPC Strongholds is currently the preferred choice among the conflicts but it isn't in the Recommended pre-selection yet.  I'm happy to promote it to Recommended if others agree.

There should be some more votes for this - I did not yet do all the variations of NPC Stronghold, Those I did were very well done, (e.g. Jaheira got the Druid Grove, Kivan the ranger of Umar). I have not yet done Planar Sphere (PC qualified and I had no other candidate in the party). 

So, Kivan is that mysterious stranger?! 

No, sorry, that was from memory - I think I mixed the extra Kivan from Umar Hills into this topic - Valygar got the cottage.

The Sandrah Saga

#228 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:22 AM

Ah, Ok, but Valygar got nice real estate in Umar hills... :)

Edited by Greenhorn, 22 January 2016 - 09:24 AM.

#229 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

Baldurdash includes a fix that isn't in BG2 Fixpack ... and I'm inclined to disable it because I think NPC Strongholds allows access to the quest for which it is relevant, but I'm not entirely sure:

/*
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Tombelthen's Journal Fix (LW: not in Fixpack)
// agb1: this removes item if CHARNAME is not eligible for ranger stronghold
// agb1: disabled because user might install NPC Strongholds
EXTEND_TOP ~ar1401.bcs~ ~BDash\BAF_t\tAR1401.BAF~

// agb1:  contents of tAR1401.BAF copied below for reference
//IF
// !Class(Protagonist,RANGER_ALL)
// OR(2)
// !Class(Protagonist,CLERIC)
// !Race(Protagonist,HUMAN)
// Contains("MISC7Q","Container12") // Tombelthen's Journal (2nd half)
//THEN
// RESPONSE #100
// ActionOverride("Container12",DestroyItem("MISC7Q")) // Tombelthen's Journal (2nd half)
//END

*/

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#230 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

Baldurdash includes a fix that isn't in BG2 Fixpack ... and I'm inclined to disable it because I think NPC Strongholds allows access to the quest for which it is relevant, but I'm not entirely sure:

/*
//Tombelthen's Journal Fix (LW: not in Fixpack)
// agb1: this removes item if CHARNAME is not eligible for ranger stronghold
// agb1: disabled because user might install NPC Strongholds
EXTEND_TOP ~ar1401.bcs~ ~BDash\BAF_t\tAR1401.BAF~

// agb1:  contents of tAR1401.BAF copied below for reference
//IF
// !Class(Protagonist,RANGER_ALL)
// OR(2)
// !Class(Protagonist,CLERIC)
// !Race(Protagonist,HUMAN)
// Contains("MISC7Q","Container12") // Tombelthen's Journal (2nd half)
//THEN
// RESPONSE #100
// ActionOverride("Container12",DestroyItem("MISC7Q")) // Tombelthen's Journal (2nd half)
//END

*/

Regardless of NPC Stronghold - Is it assured that no other mod makes use of an item that is part of the vanilla game? Such a thing should never be done.

The Sandrah Saga

#231 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:43 AM

Fixpack updates:

updated Baldurdash BG2 Fixpack adaptation (reviewed differences from Bdash 1.68 to 1.73)

commented out Valen script patching from pcvamp mod (merged into Fixpack patch for valen)

replaced BLPOOL1a.baf and BLPOOL1b.baf for pcvamp mod to resolve failed BCS patching

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#232 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:52 AM

There is a bugged "BiG World Fixpack\soa\AR4300.BAF.patch" - fixpack can't apply this path and cause the whole fixpack/BWS/BWP installation hangs and produce infinite size "BiG World Debug.txt"

skipping "bg1re" [already fixed]
skipping "DarkHorizonsBGEE" [already fixed]
processing fixes for "soa"
BiG World Fixpack\soa\AR4300.BAF.patch 
BiG World Fixpack\soa 
"BiG World Fixpack\_utils\patch.exe" -p0 --no-backup-if-mismatch --ignore-whitespace 
can't find file to patch at input line 3
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- AR4300.BAF 2016-01-28 23:29:19
|+++ AR4300.BAF 2016-01-28 23:28:51

Could somebody explain/provide instruction how those patch files are generated and how to use them?

#233 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:19 AM

Hm, this was my mistake (I recently tweaked this patch), but I am surprised this didn't just create a .rej file and move on as normally happens with a bad patch. Thank you for reporting this!

Patch files are generated with diff tools; in this case unlike others I used diff on the command line to generate the patch file (usually I use WinMerge) and so perhaps that is why it isn't working properly.

How to use them -- I don't quite understand the question? The patch command (patch is a cross platform tool) applies the changes in the patch file to the file indicated in the header at the top of the patch file if it finds matching sections.

In any case, I've now removed this problematic patch from the Fixpack.  Red Carnelian has updated Stone of Askavar (without changing the version number) and modified this script.

The problematic patch file is attached here for investigation (to see why it caused the Fixpack script to get stuck).

For reference, these were the fixes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:: soa - The Stone of Askavar V1.9

:: Roxanne's better way to add Continue() to process the rest of AR4300.baf (AR3200.bcs in game)

:: Roxanne's timely area revealing code

Attached Files

Edited by agb1, 31 January 2016 - 03:43 AM.

#234 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:54 AM

The --- line should have the relative path to the file with respect to the root mod folder

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#235 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:20 PM

I am investigating problems that have been solved in BWS with workarounds (moving files temporarily out of the override folder).

I've attached a set of BAM files from The Undying mod.  The Spell Pack component 2240 (Hypnotic Pattern) fails with a similar error (illegal 2-byte write) if any of these three BAM files are present.

I tried to repair the first of these files (SPWI231A.bam) by rebuilding it in DLTCEP with just a single frame/cycle, but it did not resolve the problem.

Can anyone help me understand what is wrong with them? Example of the error follows.

Spoiler

Attached Files

#236 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:53 AM

It's trying to write something in a compressed BAM but I grepped the mod and there's nothing that decompresses BAMs in the code so it seems like it shouldn't have tried to patch the BAMs in the first place.

There seems to be a typo in line 3997 of SpellPack.tp2:

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~%add_spell_res%~ ~override~

should probably be

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~%add_spell_res%.spl~ ~override~

Can you try with that change? I couldn't replicate the failed installation with just Undying and SpellPack

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#237 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:32 AM

That solved it.  I'm still puzzled why only these three BAMs tripped it up and not any others?

#238 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

http://forums.pocket...ic,29493.0.html

SPELL.IDS seems to lose entries if ADD_SPELL is attempted when "no slots remain":

For example, in my latest BGT expert install, Divine Remix component 11 (add new spells, don't overwrite existing) printed this error (but WeiDU indicated that the component SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED despite the error):

Couldn't add CLERIC_PROTECTION_FROM_EVIL_10_FOOT to spell.ids as no slots remain
Added spell CLERIC_PROTECTION_FROM_EVIL_10_FOOT
ERROR: cannot convert desc_strref or %desc_strref% to an integer

In my install, the next component that modified spell.ids was 1pp component 202, so the following diff shows the changes that were made by the Divine Remix component 11 only (the first two < lines were deleted, the remaining > lines were added):

$ diff -y --suppress-common-lines /c/BG2/divine_remix/backup/11/spell.ids /c/BG2/1pp/backup/202/spell.ids
1408 CLERIC_PROTECTION_FROM_EVIL_10_FOOT                      <
1413 CLERIC_NEGATIVE_PLANE_PROTECTION                         <
                                                              > 1131 CLERIC_CAUSE_MEDIUM_WOUNDS
                                                              > 1132 CLERIC_DETECT_GOOD
                                                              > 1635 CLERIC_DIVINE_SHELL
                                                              > 1539 CLERIC_IMPREGNABLE_MIND
                                                              > 1133 CLERIC_PROTECT_FROM_GOOD
                                                              > 1229 CLERIC_RESIST_ACID_AND_CORROSION
                                                              > 1134 CLERIC_STRENGTH_OF_STONE

I've attached the setup-divine_remix.debug file, which also had other ADD_SPELL errors that did not result in a change to spell.ids, for example:

Couldn't add CLERIC_CAUSE_BLINDNESS_OR_DEAFNESS to spell.ids as no slots remain
Added spell CLERIC_CAUSE_BLINDNESS_OR_DEAFNESS

Couldn't add CLERIC_CONJURE_AIR_ELEMENTAL to spell.ids as no slots remain
Added spell CLERIC_CONJURE_AIR_ELEMENTAL

Is this a known issue with ADD_SPELL?  Is there any solution other than installing fewer spells?

Both of the deleted IDS entries (CLERIC_PROTECTION_FROM_EVIL_10_FOOT and CLERIC_NEGATIVE_PLANE_PROTECTION) are present in the original BG2 spell.ids (http://gibberlings3....s/bg2/spell.htm), so their deletion is problematic for later mods that reference these IDS entries.

Attached Files

Edited by agb1, 07 February 2016 - 06:19 PM.

#239 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

Hey Guys! There seems to be a problem (at least for me) with Xan's Friendship. The Big World Fixpack patches setup-XanBG1Friend.tp2 which then causes this problem:

Spoiler

and the MODDER output:

Spoiler

(When overwriting the file with the original there is no installation error, but of course it isn't fixed/bwp fixes is reverted.) Any clues? All I'm reading is that charset isn't found/recognized... So any help would be much appreciated.

The Picture Standard  - "Go for the Eyes Bo!"

#240 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:02 AM

Puzzling.  This worked on my recent BGT install; you're installing it on BGEE.  Not sure how to interpret that error -- "English" (capital E) is defined in the "tra#charsets" associative array used by the patch.  Case sensitive?

Ah, wait.. I think HANDLE_CHARSETS is a no-op on BGT.

Aha:

• STR_VAR charset_table to the name of an associative array where the keys are the names of your language directories and the corresponding values are the character sets used by the respective language. The keys must be entirely in lowercase. charset_table is not used if you also specify infer_charsets

I've updated the Fixpack patch to use lowercase keys now...  Thanks for the report!

Edited by agb1, 11 February 2016 - 10:12 AM.