• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#41 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:11 AM

I understand :(

I tried to look into this but I have literally no idea how to implement it (no clue how to manipulate dialogue :crying:)

Vanilla BGII had 1 ToB transition in Ellesime's dialogue

TDD doesn't want to transition to ToB via Ellesime so it blocks Ellesime's transition and adds some dialogue that transitions you to Candlekeep

Ninde adds 19 ToB transitions between Ninde and Ellesime's dialogues and they are all set to fire (mutually exclusive) in a series of dialogues that trigger at the vanilla Ellesime transition dialogue if you have Ninde in your party

So effectively TDD blocks Ninde's transitions (and the scene that plays out between those transitions)

I'll need to uncomment the mSUELLE2.DLG thing from TDD.tp2 because we can't check for a mod that hasn't been installed yet :( Whatever dialogue fixing needs to be done is in Ninde's side unfortunately.

EDIT: Release v15.2.2

Edited by Lollorian, 04 July 2015 - 08:18 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#42 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:40 AM

Tried my hand at dialogue fixing and channelled my inner weeaboo doing this!

I hate dialogues...

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#43 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:02 AM

You could also take a look at this thread Lollorian
http://www.shsforums...ndlekeep/page-4

P.S.
Thank you for your good work :)

#44 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:15 AM

P.S.
Thank you for your good work :)

Leonardo pmed me that he included a modified ini.  This issue should be resolved.

#45 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:16 AM

The summary of the thread is that as long as the ToBEx has this in TobEx_ini\TobExCore.ini:
Existence Sound Fix=0
Nothing needs to be done about the multiple chanter .cre files. But if it's a 1, then all .cre files need to be updated to use the +1 sound references... (there's code for that in the thread).
Leonardo pmed me that he included a modified ini. This issue should be resolved.
Yeah, he just sets the value in the .ini file to zero by default, or at least that's the assumption we can make, yes me and The Imp. :devil: But that's not the whole sum up of the situation.

Edited by The Imp, 07 July 2015 - 03:01 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#46 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

The Lolfixer should handle this in the next BWP and let you keep the ToBEx option active :cheers:

#47 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

The Lolfixer should handle this in the next BWP and let you keep the ToBEx option active :cheers:

When you say "next BWP", you mean this BWP? :D

#48 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:19 PM

I haven't got it inside the lolfixer yet :P

Keeping it out in the open for review for a day or 2 so we can actually have the community pitch in! :D (also because I code like shit sometimes :unsure:)

#49 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

Mod updates be rolling out:

- Updated Stone of Askavar to v1.9 (removed all fixes)

- Updated Faren v3 (removed all fixes)

I'm considering including CamDawg's BG2Fixpack v10.01 changes and stuff from the v11 Todo thread but meh... For personal use :P

Also, removed lots of IA animation fixes because it's a standalone mod now :) (next BWP installpack should use that archive instead of depending on the fixpack)

#50 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

I'm considering including CamDawg's BG2Fixpack v10.01 changes and stuff from the v11 Todo thread but meh... For personal use :P

:whistling: From my weidu.log:

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v11 Alpha 1

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#51 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:29 AM

You sly little devil you :devil: (but yeah the quantity of stuff fixed after v10 is seriously worth an actual new official release even :unsure: Not sure when that's gonna happen what with all the EE stuff around :lol:)

I have the BG2Fixpack patches and the TDD-Ninde patch all made up but just need to know whether there is a need/whether it works (in that order :P)

#52 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:16 AM

Well i looked at your _BWP fixes.txt and i noticed this:

:: dark - ???

:: ::

That dark is probably old Dark Ritual mod (folder was dark) and known as Com Encounters nowadays (components are same, i have old Dark Ritual v1.03 archive).

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#53 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:59 AM

Folders from _BWP compatibility now are doubled in BiG World Fixpack folder. So it should be?

#54 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:34 AM

I honestly have no clue myself :unsure: Will ask Leonardo

#55 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

Nice work on the Ninde/TDD dialogue stuff - rebuilding the TDD within her file and then looping back to s21 is a workable solution. I would never have tried to reconcile two very different approaches this way, but things look good - just may need to drop a line to the Ninde forum to make sure no one adds this as a fix for Ninde's files, as without TDD you are right - things will not  go so well if TDD is not istalled :)

#56 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:49 AM

Hell yeah that's all the validation I needed! :cheers: BWPFixpack'd

#57 mirandir

mirandir
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:38 AM

Hello,

Lollorian, I have added the fixes of the BWP Fixpack in the last update of Garrick : tales of a troubadour. You can delete them now ^_^

#58 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:50 AM

Cool stuff! Removed :cheers:

Attached Images

• Untitled.png

Edited by Lollorian, 09 February 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#59 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:47 PM

I'd like to share two (EE-related) fixes I've been using for some time in my own BG2:EE installation (already BWP Fixpack'ed): :)
1. bg2_tweaks -> Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams: Reactivate party animations after Chapter 2 cutscenes
Attached File  bg2_tweaks.zip   1K   298 downloads

2. generalized_biffing: Added support for Enhanced Edition resource types
Attached File  generalized_biffing.zip   696bytes   324 downloads

#60 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:07 AM

BWPFixpack'd and reported to their forums as well :cheers: