Jarls Adventure Pack vs. NTotSC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Jourin-

-Jourin-

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

BWP states: 

Install Component 1 [Jarl's BGT Adventure Pack]? [I]nstall

This component is not compatible with the mod Northern Tales of the Sword Coast because you would have Svlast and Pilar twice.

Jarl's component 1 has a lot of good stuff and NTofSC has a lot of good stuff.  I want both. 

Comparing the Sylast and Pilar encounters in both mods, they appear almost exactly the same. 

So if I comment out the lines:

RESTORED: Svlast - the fallen Paladin

RESTORED: Pilar & Gheldehar

from Jarl's.TP2 file then these two files should be compatible?  Correct - asking all experts?

Alternately, I could comment out these from NTofSC, but Jarls seems a safer place.

Any comments or suggestions based on other’s experience?

Thanks

#2 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Well if you want to remove "overlapping" things you also need to "fix" these:

Spoiler

I have both NTotSC and Jarls Adventure Pack installed and work just fine together.

And i don't mind doing some things twice (there are many strange things in world of BG) so i woundn't bother to edit anything but that just me. :P

As for the editing i don't know how to do it so i hope someone smarter than me answers.

Edited by micbaldur, 28 October 2013 - 03:52 PM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#3 -Jourin-

-Jourin-

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Thanks!

I was worried about a crash,but based on your experience I will just install both and do things twice.

I have no problems editing, I just wanted to make sure I only needed to comment out the TP2 file and not another file.  If this was broken up into separate components - just add a begin in the TP2 prior to each section then a section could be excluded. Commenting out should work the same.  I am 99% sure, just wanted an external confirmation.

But based on your experience, I won't even worry about it.  I will just install both.

Thanks again!

#4 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

No CTD or any other problems with those quests and encounters. Doing those quests and encounters second time now.

CRE-flies, DLG-files, ITM-files and global variables are different and CREs aren't even in the same areas except Svlast.

Good luck with your install. :cheers:

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#5 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:32 AM

Holy crap, meeting two different Pilars giving the same quest in different words was the weirdest thing I've got in my current playthrough so far! :D

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)