Help BWS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gygax

Gygax
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Greetings i hope some one here can help with my set up problems

i am trying to install BWS for BG1,ToTSC,BG2 and TOB But each and every time i try to install it always fails to install the BGT components and all the BG1 mods...
BG1,ToTSC is from Disc BG2TOB is from GOG(possible Problem?)
any help/advice would be welcomed.

attached debug as browser freezes when i try and copy/past..

Weidu

Spoiler

Attached Files

Edited by Gygax, 30 October 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

If it's this... we don't really know... as it's hard to pinpoint...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 tuxr

tuxr
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

I see these:

[bg1cre/GNARL.CRE] created from [C:\GAMES\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate/DATA/CREATURE.BIF]
ERROR: BIFF [C:\GAMES\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate/DATA/CREATURE.BIF]: unable to extract-copy file 115
[GNOLL.CRE] --biff-get error: Unix.Unix_error(1, "read", "")
ERROR: BIFF [C:\GAMES\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate/DATA/CREATURE.BIF]: unable to extract-copy file 116
[GNOLL02.CRE] --biff-get error: Unix.Unix_error(1, "read", "")
ERROR: BIFF [C:\GAMES\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate/DATA/CREATURE.BIF]: unable to extract-copy file 117
[GNOLL03.CRE] --biff-get error: Unix.Unix_error(1, "read", "")
ERROR: BIFF [C:\GAMES\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate/DATA/CREATURE.BIF]: unable to extract-copy file 118
[GNOLL04.CRE] --biff-get error: Unix.Unix_error(1, "read", "")
[bg1cre/GNOLL05.CRE] created from [C:\GAMES\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate/DATA/CREATURE.BIF]

and then these:

Copying and patching 5 files ...
ERROR: illegal 4-byte write (Halfling Man) offset 8 of 0-byte file bg1cre/halfg6.cre
ERROR: [bg1cre/halfg6.cre] -> [bg1cre/halfg6.cre] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("bg1cre/halfg6.cre: write out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

Have you followed all the steps from the installation tutorial? You need to have the correct version of the games(patches, etc), start a new game and make a save.

#4 Gygax

Gygax
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

independently  downloaded BGT since when trying through BWS none of the files can be opened 

not getting the process cannot access message with the failure to install 

Thanks for the response though 

on a different note playing BG2 with the mods it has installed any PC i create gets 0 weapon proficiency points don't know if thats due to the errors during install though 

Thanks for the response though 

#5 Gygax

Gygax
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Have you followed all the steps from the installation tutorial? You need to have the correct version of the games(patches, etc), start a new game and make a save.

I have followed the guide several times over the past 2 days but i will try again (thak Bhaal‎ for BWS restore option) step by step in case i DID miss something or some thing went wrong with the setup 

Thanks 

31/10/13 edit seems i missed patching/testing BG1 ToTSC...I was certain i had done that step (/blames Mystra) now patched/tested everything works like a charm :)

Edited by Gygax, 31 October 2013 - 11:46 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help, BWS