What the approx. download space?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 -~~~Me~~~-

-~~~Me~~~-

Posted 27 November 2003 - 09:50 PM

Hi I'm new on the boards and I heard about this mod and I read alot about and it seems to be big. So I'm wondering how big is the download because I only have dial-up :unsure: ....and if it's too big I may not be able to download this wonderful mod.

#2 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 03:14 AM

Why don't you simply use a download manager such as GetRight? That way you can resume the download whenever you're connected to the 'net; it may take a long time, but you'll get there in the end :) I personally remember downloading TDD on a dial-up... and I'm sure RTW won't be that big filesize-wise ;)

If for some reason that isn't an option (and I don't see why not), perhaps you could ask a friend who has both a high-speed connection and a CD-writer to get it for you? It doesn't even have to be someone you know in real-life, just someone you know on-line who lives near you (and hence won't have to pay hefty international shipping costs).

Heck, depending on where you live there may well be a library near you with a high-speed connection and CD-writers.

#3 SurfenBoy09

SurfenBoy09
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 09:56 PM

Actually registerd here now...Oh, there such a thing!?!?!? :o LOL dumb me... :lol: Can you provide a link for the program then? Anyway, if that does not work I think i might try a few of my friends or the library. Thanks alot for the help :D

#4 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 01:15 PM

http://www.getright.com/ suprisingly enough ;)

#5 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:10 PM

Currently the mod is weighing in at around 60MB in a solid RAR. Expect that to go up by about 10MB.

#6 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:08 AM

A question to you Quitch: will this mod be similar to Whatchers Keep? I mean that "episode/quest" is somewhat independent from the main storyline. If you should compare RtWS to WK, how would you describe the differences?
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#7 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:39 AM

It is independant of the main story, but is somewhat related to BG2 due to the nature of the plot (unlike Watchers Keep which has nothing to do with anything). There will be vast differences between our quest and Watchers Keep.

1. We have brand new custom AI. Our creatures don't stand around, they wander, patrol, shout for help when attacked, seek you out when you vanish, evaluate targets, figure out resistances and items...

2. Our dialogue currently stands at 113 000 words. That's more than a novels worth. Far more than you'd ever see in Watchers Keep. You're given the chance to lie, bluff, trust or not trust people as you see fit (we don't force you to do either). Your decisions matter and will affect other elements of the mod. Stats are taken into account, and truly stupid people will be treated to "thick talk". For the evil among you, enjoy, for the first time, just as many options as the good guys. No more of this "evil chat ends the dialogue" rubbish either.

3. Many people within our dungeon will know who you are and treat you according to your standing. If you are pure evil, it will be recognised. Should you have come weak and unprepared, you will be punished. Come in as a man noted for saving people, and your will earn the respect or contempt you deserve.

4. Virtually every one of our areas is a custom build. You may recognise some of the tiles, but not the layout. No more suffering the same old locations.

5. Our story has multiple endings and rewards. It is entirely up to you how you come out of this. Go in, do dark deeds, kill at random, then come out and tell everyone you were a saint.

6. NPC's who won't stand by and watch their beliefs betrayed. Strike down innocents and you will hear about it.

7. Variable alignment. Lawful Good but always toying with the dark side? Don't expect to come out Lawful Good at the end of this quest. No sweeping change of Good to Evil, expect to get there in a more gentle progression.

8. AD&D rules are closely adhered to. No one gets free spells, no one can cast without interruption, no one has immunities that are not allowed or contradict the Monsterous Manual. Where the engine allows, cheese is dead.

9. Difficulty without the slider: Our mod has its own difficulty setting which you choose via dialogue. No longer do you need to have monsters doing double damage to get a real challenge. Instead, select a dialogue option and double the numbers and watch as they gain new and powerful items they never had before.

10. Our dungeon isn't just a boring collection of monsters waiting to die and people waiting to talk. You can find more about the story depending on where you go and how you travel. Don't expect to uncover the whole story the first time through.

11. Get a closer relationship with your sister via the Imoen sub-plot.

12. Oh, and there's a new NPC waiting to be recruited. This NPC is rather special, and will interact with you outside the quest.

13. Lots of new VO.

I think that's a reasonable overview.

#8 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 04:10 AM

I think that's a reasonable overview

Most reasonable Quitch, exactly the type of overview I was looking for ;) .

Our story has multiple endings and rewards. It is entirely up to you how you come out of this. Go in, do dark deeds, kill at random, then come out and tell everyone you were a saint.

This one is common with WK.

Other than this one, the whole thing looks great.
Keep on the good work.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#9 yakosparks

yakosparks
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:47 AM

Ejem... 50, 60MB? wow... I guess I never will play such mods; I can hardly download Kelsey's (mayor mod I downloaded) and it took me about 2 hours :angry: :wacko: :( ...
I just live in a small town up in Argentina, so, there is no cable or asdl or such, even worst, I can only download everything in a cyber (comercial place with 15 pcs, making even worst because everytime there are 10 another people downloading or surfing the net just from one connection... sad but true...
By the way, to all the people that make/made mods: THANK YOU!! you make me play the game over and over with so many things you add, making the game more and more playable everytime!
Ups, sorry, I can harldy speak english... so sorry my spelling.
Best regards

#10 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 05:56 AM

I should imagine that it might be profiled on a computer cover or somesuch so keep your fingers crossed.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#11 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 04:52 AM

Ejem... 50, 60MB? wow... I guess I never will play such mods; I can hardly download Kelsey's (mayor mod I downloaded) and it took me about 2 hours :angry: :wacko: :( ...
I just live in a small town up in Argentina, so, there is no cable or asdl or such, even worst, I can only download everything in a cyber (comercial place with 15 pcs, making even worst because everytime there are 10 another people downloading or surfing the net just from one connection... sad but true...
By the way, to all the people that make/made mods: THANK YOU!! you make me play the game over and over with so many things you add, making the game more and more playable everytime!
Ups, sorry, I can harldy speak english... so sorry my spelling.
Best regards

There are peopl going to mirror this mod the day it comes out. Like I will. You don't have to download it from Fileplanet or 3DDownloads. http://www.rpgtalk.com is dedicated to mirroring Bg2 mods. You can't use a download manager with Fileplanet or 3DDownloads, but you can use one on my site.

#12 -Naruto!-

-Naruto!-

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:18 AM

Even if I were still using dial-up connection, this issue is the last thing I would worry about. <_<

#13 Nikolas

Nikolas
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:00 AM

Heh, I've got to be mean here, for I am luck enough to work at the company with unlimited internet access :P and they do not complain to much about megs of mods that I download (even thou I was threatened by my boss :wacko: ).
Anyhow I was in same situtaion as yakosparks is at so I fully sympathize :unsure: