Photo

Lilarcor for IWD

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Nicotine Caffeine

Nicotine Caffeine
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hi everyone. Maybe someone has already spoken of that in the past, but i haven't seen topics around, so i start one here. I was wondering, since in Icewind Dale Hearth of Winter have been added many new objects, and one of them is Cynicism, that *should* be a talking sword, but, forgive me, when the sword "talks" i do not hear any voice, well, maybe it is possible to make it really become something Worth of, and.. maybe implement that sword with a REAL talking sword like was Lilarcor? I mean, it's obvious that there's a bcs file that should probably manage when the sword talks and i suppose the file of cynicism and the file of Lilarcor shouldn't be so different..? But since i'm not finding anything, i'm asking if someone knows where i could find them or how i could make it work..

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:56 AM

Erhm, you are not talking to a script, but to a ***.dlg file, what you need to do is to find that file in the IwD, and then replace it with one that has the sound files indexed to it.

So this will be a little more complicated than usual !!
I don't have the IwD even installed now and I lack the deep enough weidu knowledge to know exactly how this goes, so I can only advice so much:
The Lilarcor's item is the sw2h14.itm and it's flagged as talkable, so the dialog associated to it is the "sw2h14.dlg" .
Now then, you need the dialog sound files, in a .wav format... or a .ogg which you'll then convert.
Then you need an Infinity Editor like Near Intinity (w.1.3.0) that allows you to extract the .dlg file, and weidu.exe(the Windows Binary archive and you can do the previous with that too), as it allows you you convert the .dlg file to a .d file, then you can edit the .d file with Notepad (or inside the mod with REPLACE_TEXTUALLY or other command, hard) and add in the [sound] -files to it, and then you need to create a weidu mod that allows you to first copy the sound files to override -folder, then compile the new .d as the sw2h14.dlg and then you should be set(if you were to replace the Lilarcor's talks, so you are on your own on finding the right .dlg file etc).

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Nicotine Caffeine

Nicotine Caffeine
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

hm... strange.. becouse i've looked at the dialog.tlk, and do u know something VERY interesting? If u have installed the two expansion of Icewind Dale (Hearth of Winter & Trials of the Luremaster) much files from BGII SoA are ALREADY inside! Even something of Lilarcor itself. But, in anycase, i was asking becouse i cannot find the dialog of CYnicism. So, i thought that maybe that sword niether have the dialog in the dialog.tlk but only a script (since i saw that some characters often "say" some sentences not by a dialog but only becouse a script, like when Melissan or Demigorgon shouts at u during the combat..) if u're sure that there aren't involved scripts at all, for me is even better eh ;)

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

So, i thought that maybe that sword niether have the dialog in the dialog.tlk but only a script (since i saw that some characters often "say" some sentences not by a dialog but only becouse a script, like when Melissan or Demigorgon shouts at u during the combat..) if u're sure that there aren't involved scripts at all, for me is even better eh ;)

The Lilarcor actually has two things, it's talk-able from the inventory screen, and it also has "combat script" in the baldur.bcs file, which is why it shouts things in combat. You don't want that, I assure you, as it can cause Lag and if you make a tiny mistake, you can make the whole moded game unplayable easily.
The above I was talking about the talk via the inventory option.

i was asking becouse i cannot find the dialog of CYnicism.

Did you not just try to open the game with NearInfinity and open the DLG folder, and find the cynicis.dlg ? As the "cynicis.itm" is the unmoded game file at least according to the GameBanshee catalog.

Edited by The Imp, 09 November 2013 - 04:11 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Nicotine Caffeine

Nicotine Caffeine
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

Lol, to be totally honest i only like the combat dialog XD

In any case, yes i can assure you, in the dialog.tlk there is not a cynicism dialog. But after all it's not a talkable object. It works same as Lilarcor, but simply you can't "talk" to it. It talks alone all the time. If you have any idea how can be named the script that makes Lilarcor "talk" during the combat or the normal game you would make me a favour, since i searched and searched but i do not find it in the "BCS" list.

Edited by Nicotine Caffeine, 10 November 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Lol, to be totally honest i only like the combat dialog XD
In any case, yes i can assure you, in the dialog.tlk there is not a cynicism dialog. But after all it's not a talkable object. It works same as Lilarcor, but simply you can't "talk" to it. It talks alone all the time. If you have any idea how can be named the script that makes Lilarcor "talk" during the combat or the normal game you would make me a favour, since i searched and searched but i do not find it in the "BCS" list.
Well, in that case, if you can find this kind of structure:
IF
PartyHasItem("cynicis")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
DisplayString(Myself,***)
END
Then the only thing you need to do is to add in the sound file and edit it to look like:
IF
PartyHasItem("cynicis")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
DisplayString(Myself,***)
PlaySound("xxx") 
END
where the *** is the string reference, and the xxx is the xxx.wav files name, yes the function has quotes so you need to use them around the xxx -name.It could be that the game has a icewind.bcs that has those.

Edited by The Imp, 10 November 2013 - 09:33 AM.

#7 Nicotine Caffeine

Nicotine Caffeine
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

Alright, the "if party has item.."ecc for Lilarcor in bgII found. It's in "BALDUR.BCS" (or also baldur25.bcs)... But in Icwind Dale Cynicis i still can't find it. I tried with the search and it crashes. Don't know why. And i cannot find icewind.bcs niether :/

#8 Nicotine Caffeine

Nicotine Caffeine
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

OMG i understand now why i can't find the bcs for cynicism. I can't find anything about becouse THERE ISN'T ANYTHING. Cynicism has simply a (shall we say) "effect" that works under the "melee" that has some number of probabilities to "say" something or something other. The sword has absolutely no scripts at all. What can i say... Lol.

Edited by Nicotine Caffeine, 12 November 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#9 Nicotine Caffeine

Nicotine Caffeine
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

p.s. as matter of fact, when i tried to import the scripts from BGII to IWD the game directly does not recognized the scripts. (like "error" if playerX has item is not valid)...

#10 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

p.s. as matter of fact, when i tried to import the scripts from BGII to IWD the game directly does not recognized the scripts. (like "error" if playerX has item is not valid)...
The reason for this is that the two games libraries are probably different... so they won't match, what you need to do is to convert the .bcs file into a .bac file in the game it's from and then convert it back in the other game.
OMG i understand now why i can't find the bcs for cynicism. I can't find anything about becouse THERE ISN'T ANYTHING. Cynicism has simply a (shall we say) "effect" that works under the "melee" that has some number of probabilities to "say" something or something other. The sword has absolutely no scripts at all. What can i say... Lol.
Yeah, that explains all of it.

Edited by The Imp, 12 November 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#11 Nicotine Caffeine

Nicotine Caffeine
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Uh.. what is a BAC file?

#12 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

Uh.. what is a BAC file?

Ouh, spelling error... the real file is a .baf ... :doh:
It's uncompilable script file, or just a .txt file renamed as a .baf . The compiling actually switches the variables of the actions to numbers, which will be in the reference of the games own libraries.

#13 Nicotine Caffeine

Nicotine Caffeine
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

-sigh- nothing to do. I tried everything, but since every action and trigger requested for make it work is present in BGII and NOT in IWD... No way. I tried to edit the triggers and the action adding "hasweaponequiped" or "combatcounter" and so on, and then adding the scripted baf file "baldur" (with only the lilarcor part) with the sword and everything... but the game crashes. I don't think i can make it through if doesn't want to work in this way.