Weapons non available in the game

for BGT

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kirapipapoom

kirapipapoom
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

Hi everyone. In Baldur's Gate (in general , not just BGT ) by adding the expansion ( TotSC ) adds new items and weapons , but perhaps not everyone knows that the objects ( also quite powerful ) can not be found in the game , and these items are:

Club + 1 - " THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM ( looks like a branch )
1d6 + 1
1d6 vs + 3 " unnatural creatures " ( whatever they are )

Long Sword + 1 - " VAMPIRE 'S REVENGE " ( looks like Long Sword + 1 )
On a successful hit , the amount of damage inflicted is drained by the owner of the victim heal
From the description : " SPECIAL : Affects intelligence in an in -ve ... I think ... duhhhhhh "
From the description : "Do not usable - The lucky ones - Cleric ...

SWORD OF CHAOS
No description in the Identify
unequipped looks like Long Sword + 1 , has equipped the handle of jade and scarlet at the edge of the blade. It seems to be a standard 1d8 1 though.

DURLAG 'S PRIDE - Two hands sword + 2
, But described as 1d10 + 1 , + 1 THACO
unequipped seems like a nice Runesword

Here we are. My question is , (if this is possible) you could create a mod Weidu , which inserts these objects, which can not be found (unless you do not use hacking programs ) ?

PS = If I was wrong to write something, I'm sorry : )

#2 Nicotine Caffeine

Nicotine Caffeine
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

Surely one can do that.. But why with nearinfinity don't put the items that you want wherever you want by yourself? It's absolutely simple... You open the area or the creature and in the chest or npc inventory you put the item.. It would be a little useless make lot of work for just that. And nearinfinity is free and very simple to use.

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

Yes, it's actually easy. Kinda of, you traditionally add a .baf extension to an already existing area .bcs file that gives the item to someone(or something, any container).

What you would need to do is to get those items(the NearInfinity can extract them from a game, use the w1.3.0), write down their descriptions(or extract the dialog.tlk file from the game BG1 game that contains them and edit it with Notepad to remove the unneeded data), and package them to a .zip archive and attach it to a post while you have logged in so you can upload files using the "More Reply Options" -interface.

Ouh, and you should also make a suggestion list of where you wish the items to be in.

PS, the BG2 game has a "Sword of Chaos +2" two handed sword in the Djinn level at Irenicus Prison(the starting dungeon) as a reward from a minor quest. The Root of the Problem is in the Druid Grove in BG2 too.

Edited by The Imp, 13 November 2013 - 07:44 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 Nicotine Caffeine

Nicotine Caffeine
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

True, they made so much items and quests that at the end they couldn't put them all xD

For example, when i was SURE to know everything of BGII, one day i did find a png (in the northern external part of the Waukeen's Promenade) that i never saw before. And then i thought: Wow, these games have always some new tricks on their sleeve! XD