Kit cannot be selected

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ange Musicien

Ange Musicien
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

Hi again,

I just finished the kit I was working on. It installed without error.

But when I launch the game and start a new game, the kit is greyed. I can't click on it, doesn't matter what race I've chosen. 

Here's the code for the ADD_KIT :

ADD_KIT ~CLA#Mist~
  ~CLA#Mist                0           0           0           1           0           0           0           0~      // CLASWEAP.2da
  ~CLA#Mist 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~     // WEAPPROF.2da
  ~CLA#Mist                0       9       0       0       9       9~                                                  // ABCLASRQ.2da
  ~CLA#Mist                0       0       0       0       0       0~                                                  // ABCLSMOD.2da
  ~CLA#Mist                0       17      0       0       0       0~                                                  // ABDCDSRQ.2da
  ~CLA#Mist                0       15      0       15      0       0~                                                  // ABDCSCRQ.2da
  ~CLA#Mist                0       0       0       0       1       0       0       1       0~                          // ALIGNMNT.2da
  ~CLA#Mist                0       1       0       0       0       0~                                                  // DUALCLAS.2da
  ~clara/mishad/CLA#Mist.2da~                      // path to the CLAB-style 2da file
  ~K_T_H K_T_D K_T_G K_T_E K_T_HE K_T_HL K_T_HO~   // PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da
  ~0x00004000     4~                               // usability flags, added to the end of the KITLIST.2da entry
  ~Mi7~                                            // HLA table to use; see LUABBR.2da
  ~LEAT14 * * BAG28 RING06 RING05,10 * BOOT02 AMUL19 BRAC16 BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 * POTN14,5 DAGG12 SW1H28 STAF08~
  SAY ~Mistshadow~
  SAY ~Mistshadow~
  SAY ~MISTSHADOW : Mistshadow is the name given to thieves or bards that worship Leira, the Lady of Mists - though Leira is not a goddess you can truly worship, as worshipping goes against her dogma. There once were clerics and high clerics called "Leiran", "Worshipper of the Mistshadow" or "Mistcallers", but these clerics most likely disappeared when Leira died - or at least, when she was supposed to die, killed by Mask during the Time of Troubles. Few know about Mistshadows - there is no order, no books, no place for them to gather - in fact, Mistshadow itself is a term that few really use. Most people just see a thief or a bard using strange and subtle magic - innate magic - and no one can really determine if this magic is arcanic... Or something else.

Advantages 
  - May achieve Mastery (three slots) in quarterstaves, darts, daggers and crossbows.
  - +10% to Detect Illusion per level. 
  - Gain access to a different set of high level abilities. 
  - 1st level: May cast Blindness once per day every two levels. (starts at 1st level with one use)
  - 2nd level: May cast Friends once per day.
  - 4th level: May cast Glitterdust once per day.
  - 6th level: May cast Shadow Door once per day.
  - 8th level: May cast Mirror Image once per day.
  - 10th level: May cast Mislead once per day.
  - 12th level: May cast Blindness at will. 
  - 15th level: May cast Maze once per day.
  - 20th level: May cast Power Word: Blindness once per day.

Disadvantages 
  - Alignment restricted to true neutral or chaotic neutral.
  - May not become Proficient (one slot) in any weapon except quarterstaves, darts, daggers and crossbows.
  - The Lore value is set to 0 and cannot increase.
  - No access to the most powerful thieves high level abilities : use any item, traps, potions, scrolls.

Note: Human Mistshadows can only dual-class to Clerics ; and only if they have high dexterity and intelligence.~

Any idea ? Most likely something simple and stupid... I know. :P

Edited by Ange Musicien, 18 November 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#2 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

I take it this is for BG(II)EE? If so, there are a number of additional 2DA files that ADD_KIT does not yet update. WeiDU is distributed with an external function that temporarily picks up the slack (located in the lib/ directory of the WeiDU package).

#3 Ange Musicien

Ange Musicien
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:57 AM

Yes this is for BG2EE. I'll check if I have not forgotten any 2da but I don't think so.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

Yes this is for BG2EE. I'll check if I have not forgotten any 2da but I don't think so.

I think that wisp means the fact that you need to use this function:

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~BGEE BG2EE~ THEN BEGIN
  INCLUDE ~mymod/ee/cd_ee_kit_appends.tph~
  LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION ee_kit_appends STR_VAR class = "FIGHTER" kitname = "m#ambkit" END
END

-and the library included in the link for the kit to be selectable. And yeah, the above is an example so adjust when needed.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

No, I mean this function.

#6 Ange Musicien

Ange Musicien
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

Uh. ERROR: cannot convert briefidesc or %briefidesc% to an integer

Mmm. ._.

#7 Ange Musicien

Ange Musicien
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Well. Looks like a typo in the function. He he he. I'll report that bug. Changing "briefdesc" to "briefidesc" solves the bug :]

#8 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

Well. Looks like a typo in the function. He he he. I'll report that bug. Changing "briefdesc" to "briefidesc" solves the bug :]

That'll stop the error, but won't set your briefdesc.

Attached is a fixed version. I'll see about setting up something less transient tomorrow.

Attached Files

#9 Ange Musicien

Ange Musicien
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:37 AM

Anyway it works now, thanks to the extern function.

By the way, I reported on the weidu forum that the "apply proficiency APR" doesn't seem to work. The script works fine, but the engine doesn't care about the modified 2da, most likely because the core rules overwrite it. 

#10 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

I'll see about setting up something less transient tomorrow.

It wasn't quite "tomorrow", but the function now has a home here and versioned releases can be downloaded here

#11 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

It wasn't quite "tomorrow", but the function now ...

Well, so long as it works. Ouh, and thanks for the examples ... I'll be looking up on those definitely at some point. Chickenrustler... :devil:

Erhm, could you edit this, so it has all the .2da files listed, say in this way, random example ...

ADD_KIT ~ij#mage~												// "internal" name of kit
~ij#mage                 0           0           1           1           0           1           0           0~ // CLASWEAP.2DA
~ij#mage 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~ // WEAPPROF.2DA, starting with line 3
~ij#mage                 14      0       0       0       12      0~ 						// ABCLASRQ.2DA
~ij#mage                 0       0       0       0       0       0~						// ABCLSMOD.2DA
~ij#mage                 0       0       0       0       3       0~						// ABDCDSRQ.2DA
~ij#mage                 0       0       0       0       3       0~						// ABDCSCRQ.2DA
~ij#mage                 1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1~			// ALIGNMNT.2DA
~ij#mage                 0       0       0       0       0       0~						// DUALCLAS.2DA
~MegaModKits/erhm/ij#mag0.2DA~											// abilities 2DA file
~K_C_H~														// KITTABLE.2DA
~0X00004000  1~ 												// KITLIST.2DA	Normal-Mage
~ij#mag~													// LUij#mag.2da
~CHAN09 * HELM07 BAG26 RING22 RING31 * BOOT01 AMUL21 BRAC10 BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 POTN04,2 POTN14,5 HAMM09 SW1H27 STAF08~ //forgot this

So that it also adds the file references in both BG:EE & BGIIEE ... ??? :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#12 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Erhm, could you edit this, so it has all the .2da files listed

Sort of done in v1.0.2. The variable name is the resref of the corresponding 2DA file. So, for example, the variable backstab refers to backstab.2da and so on.

#13 Deis

Deis
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

I apologize if I am missing something, this is my first attempt any type of modding for an IE game.  I cannot get this fix to work.

My kit looks like this,

BACKUP "EldritchKnightKit\Backup"
AUTHOR ~anthxas@gmail.com~

BEGIN ~Eldritch Knight - Sorcerer Kit~

INCLUDE ~EldritchKnightKit/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa~

ADD_KIT ~EldKnight~
  ~EldKnight                1           1           1           0           0           1           1           1~
  ~EldKnight 3 3 0 3 3 3 3 0 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
  ~EldKnight                0       0       0       0       0       0~
  ~EldKnight                0       0      0       0       0       0~
  ~EldKnight                0       0      0       0       0       0~
  ~EldKnight                1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1~
  ~EldritchKnightKit/KitAbil/CLABELDK.2da~
  ~K_S_H K_S_E K_S_HE~
  ~0x00004000    19~
  ~FM0~
  ~CHAN16 * * BAG28 RING09 RING05,10 * BOOT01 AMUL21 BRAC10 BELT06 POTN52,5 POTN04,2 POTN14,5 WA2DAK SW1H36 STAF06 STAF08 HELM07 HELM20  ~
  SAY ~Eldritch Knight~
  SAY ~Eldritch Knight~
    SAY ~Eldritch Knight:  Studying the martial and arcane arts to equal degree, the eldritch knight is a versatile combatant who can shape and use their innate sorcerous powers on their foes or charge them with weapon drawn. The eldritch knight takes pride in their ability to use the right technique for the job: spells against physically tough foes and force of arms against spellcasting enemies.

Eldritch knights split their time between physical training to become better soldiers and learning to master their arcane powers. They tend to be driven individuals, because simultaneously perfecting their spellcasting and combat prowess requires immense time and effort.

Advantages:

-Can achieve mastery in any melee weapon.
-May place maximum slots in weapon styles.
-Gains 1/2 attack at levels 7 and 13
-Uses Cleric THACO progression.
-Gain HD at the rate of a Cleric
-Gains proficiency points at the rate of a fighter.

Disadvantages:
-May cast three fewer spells per level per day.
-May not specialize in any ranged weapons.~

APPEND    clswpbon.2da ~1 0 2~
APPEND    numwslot.2da ~3~
APPEND    HPCLASS.2da ~HPPRS~

COPY ~EldritchKnightKit\KitAbil/ek#tb01.SPL~ ~override~    

However I am receiving an error when I attempt to run my setup now,

WeiDU v 23600 Log

C:\Games\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\Setup-EldritchKnightKit.exe
[./chitin.key] loaded, 843538 bytes
[./chitin.key] 185 BIFFs, 59859 resources
[.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
[lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] loaded, 11554828 bytes
[lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] 102836 string entries

Using lang\en_us/dialog.tlk

Install Component [Eldritch Knight - Sorcerer Kit]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing [Eldritch Knight - Sorcerer Kit]

[EldritchKnightKit/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa] PARSE ERROR at line 4 column 1-1
Near Text: <
    GLR parse error

[EldritchKnightKit/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa]  ERROR at line 4 column 1-1
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [EldritchKnightKit/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Eldritch Knight - Sorcerer Kit], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [EldritchKnightKit\Backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "EldritchKnightKit\\Backup/0/OTHER.0")
[EldritchKnightKit\Backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   0 files for [ELDRITCHKNIGHTKIT/SETUP-ELDRITCHKNIGHTKIT.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      0 files for [ELDRITCHKNIGHTKIT/SETUP-ELDRITCHKNIGHTKIT.TP2] component 0.

[EldritchKnightKit/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa] PARSE ERROR at line 4 column 1-1
    GLR parse error

[EldritchKnightKit/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa]  ERROR at line 4 column 1-1
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [EldritchKnightKit/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error
Error Uninstalling [ELDRITCHKNIGHTKIT/SETUP-ELDRITCHKNIGHTKIT.TP2] component 0:
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
PLEASE email the file SETUP-ELDRITCHKNIGHTKIT.DEBUG to anthxas@gmail.com

Install Component [Eldritch Knight - Sorcerer Kit]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

I have the fl#add_kit_ee.tpa file in the correct location (in the folder with my setup.tpa file.  Am I missing a step involving code?  I can install my kit without this fix, however I receive the error that the OP also encounters with my kit not being selectable. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Deis, 24 December 2013 - 03:23 AM.

#14 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:03 AM

These won't work correctly because you are not giving the appends the class name: and you are not actually utilizing the fl#add_kit_ee.tpa file...
APPEND    clswpbon.2da ~1 0 2~
APPEND    numwslot.2da ~3~
APPEND    HPCLASS.2da ~HPPRS~
I would use the function approach, and just edit the values when needed so the end result becomes:
LAF fl#add_kit_ee
  INT_VAR
    biography = 15883 // Normal biography for thieves
    briefdesc = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~ your biography note etc ~)
  STR_VAR
    kit_name = EldKnight
    clswpbon = ~1 0 2~
    numwslot = 3
    hpclass  = ~hpprs~

Edited by The Imp, 24 December 2013 - 04:11 AM.