SHS Suggestions and Problems Thread

• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#341 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 11:22 PM

The sub-forum does not seem to be locked or hidden...

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#342 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 12:20 PM

I got a PM message from the latest member of the community that has no posts on any forum, and it's an obvious Link Spam.

Among that was:

Hey. I'm Elsa. I broke up with my boyfriend 6 months ago. Since that time, there has been no sex in my life. I'm looking for a man. I look forward to having sex at least once a day. Register using the link below and write to me.

+other things I won't post here.

Thing is, I don't believe this... or that it was posted to me alone... the profile has 4 views... probably all from spammed members.

So, what am I supposed to do ? As there's no report a member button on any of the member pages. For me at least... I won't post more details on a public forum, so ask via PM if such is required. Probably not.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#343 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 07:35 PM

Jarno, I got the spam tooo - so we're both loved. :lol:

There's a 'Report' link at the bottom-right of the PM. You might have to hover your cursor there for it to come up.

#344 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 10:38 PM

Uuh, there it is. Thanks. PM reported.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#345 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 08:17 AM

Thats way more sex then Im willing to handle, Elsa. Im sorry

#346 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 01:50 AM

Elsa needs to go play elsewhere now. Thanks for the reports.

#347 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 12:52 PM

Sorry Elsa is my girl she gets a little ... rambunctious when not enough attention is paid to her. I'll totally make it up to you. I just need 2 pieces of ID, your bank account number, mothers maiden name, and blood type. Oh and btw what was the name of you first pet again?
Live Free Or Die

#348 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 09:51 AM

*Goes to Sir-Kill's profile sheet*

*presses "tag as Spammer"* :shifty:

...With your nickname and that post it's good that I know you! 8)

#349 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:10 AM

Hello, everyone.

Insomniator attached a zip file to our private conversation but when I click on it to download it, the site says I don't have permission to do so.

I wrote Gwendolyne but he appears to be busy—any idea how I may acquire the necessary entitlements to be able to download the attachment?

#350 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:36 AM

...any idea how I may acquire the necessary entitlements to be able to download the attachment?

Google gives an answer with this search: "file upload site" without the quotation marks. Aka, ask the .zip -file to be attached to a site that has nothing to do with the current forum, and download it from there.

#351 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:48 AM

Google gives an answer with this search: "file upload site" without the quotation marks. Aka, ask the .zip -file to be attached to a site that has nothing to do with the current forum, and download it from there.

I've already shared my email address with him so he can send the file there, but that doesn't answer why I can't download an attachment from a SHS PM. What's the point of being able to attach if the recipient can't download?

#352 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:58 AM

What's the point of being able to attach if the recipient can't download?

Erhm, at least I can't attach files to my Personal Mails in here. Or this specific forum for example. While I can to others.

#353 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 11:12 PM

What's the point of being able to attach if the recipient can't download?

That's a good question, but I am surprised Insomniator can attach files to a PM conversation as I am not aware that I can do so (and I am global moderator).

I do not think it's a common feature, as it is not possible in any other forum I am active in.

#354 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 01:31 AM

You can by using the full editor mod. ;)

What is weird is that you can attach a file normal members can't DL.

Edited by Gwendolyne, 16 May 2021 - 01:32 AM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#355 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 03:36 AM

Oh, I really wasn't aware of that. Thanks!

#356 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 05:04 AM

You can by using the full editor mod. ;)

What is weird is that you can attach a file normal members can't DL.

Thing is, like I said, I can't. So this is for you "Staff" members ...

#357 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:10 PM

Please allow png linking in posts:
You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

#358 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:20 AM

Please allow png linking in posts:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

This should not be a big problem, if you just know what to do instead. See, the .png is not very common image format, so usage of it instead of the most common one out there is not really very well endorseable.

So instead of .png links, you can link up to a .jpg format of the same picture. And for you to convert the file, you just need to load it with the mspaint, and resave the file as a .jpeg, and upload it to your favorite site like you would the .png file.

Edited by The Imp, 11 June 2021 - 12:21 AM.

#359 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 10:38 AM

.png is not very common image format,

irrelevant and wrong

#360 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 06:40 PM

I might be late to the party... the site owners have given up on domain <spellholdstudios.net> ?? I go to http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/lr and it's parked with Namecheap.com

Edited by Azazello, 15 June 2021 - 06:43 PM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *