Photo

SHS Suggestions and Problems Thread

• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#41 -melkor_morgoth75-

-melkor_morgoth75-

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:23 AM

Hi there,

back now after some holidays. I tried some days ago and today again i tried to dig a bit into the issue. I can't login anymore on the new forum website. As soon as the login window opes, t ry to type and it moves up disappearing. Unfotunately i still have IE 6 and, as for now, can't use any other browsers ... i discovered some "runtime" warnings anyway loading the login page ...

Any help from your side?

Thanks,
mm75

#42 -melkor_morgoth75-

-melkor_morgoth75-

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:25 AM

Of course...cache has been cleared as cookies, bla bla bla, :)

mm75

#43 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:31 PM

You cannot use IE6 with SHS, sorry. The forum software doesn't support it, because it's so outdated.

#44 -melkor_morgoth75-

-melkor_morgoth75-

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:09 AM

You cannot use IE6 with SHS, sorry. The forum software doesn't support it, because it's so outdated.

That's fair enough ... this means i won't be able to log in for some months, until i can use (finally) a new browser :P

cheers!
mm75

#45 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:32 AM

Odd, been logging in using the same browser and aside from lag and the odd annoying gimmicks here and there, it's been running fine.

As soon as the login window opes, t ry to type and it moves up disappearing

Ah hang on! Once the login screen scrolls down, move the mouse over what I'd recommend to be Username, and don't click until it changes to a sort of I (or whatever it does when over a text box), that should select the box you want without forcing the login screen to back out. Use tab once finished there to conclude the details in the other one.
Should work, as long as you're very exact on where you click, it panics otherwise, pressing enter once all the details are done usually finishes the job.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#46 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:35 AM

Ah hang on! Once the login screen scrolls down, move the mouse over what I'd recommend to be Username, and don't click until it changes to a sort of I (or whatever it does when over a text box), that should select the box you want without forcing the login screen to back out. Use tab once finished there to conclude the details in the other one.
Should work, as long as you're very exact on where you click, it panics otherwise, pressing enter once all the details are done usually finishes the job.

GOAL! Thanks mate ... was really a PAIN in the A@@ ... but at the end i'm logged in ;)

Cheers!
mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#47 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:44 AM

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but I haven't been able to run a successful search (even when I know there are posts to be found) on my forums since the upgrade. Is this a known problem, or is it just me?

Qwinn

#48 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:50 AM

a known problem :(

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#49 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:49 AM

Is it possible to have an option to turn off stuff like prettify.js etc.? I'm not a huge fan of context highlighting or javascript in general, and multiple users have reported it is nearly impossible to load pages like this one without some serious lag or timeouts.

And as much as I hated scrollable codeboxes, that was the one place where they seemed to be useful (apparently they are normal code tags now). Also, I used to be able to use code tags to post preformatted text (i.e. fixed width columns) - it screws this up now either by ignoring spaces or trying to context highlight stuff.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#50 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:11 AM

I am having a problem with uploads and the site is not remembering me requiring me to log in everytime. I am using the latest version of firefox. This problem started yesterday.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#51 Helborn

Helborn
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:22 AM

I've had the problem with logging in every time ever since the upgrade and the sign in section has the signin/close buttons almost hidden

#52 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

I've had the problem with logging in every time ever since the upgrade and the sign in section has the signin/close buttons almost hidden

Yeah, it's like it has been cut in the middle. MFirefox 3.5...-ses.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#53 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:09 AM

Half the time lately when I log in, it logs me right back out. This happens most often if I have a PM notification and click on it. It'll say "Error: you are not logged in", which I obviously was or I wouldn't've seen the notification. Also when I log back in again, there is no "new content" which is rather annoying, since I don't think the search works either (otherwise I could see all posts from the last 2 days or whenever the last time was that I logged in).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#54 --The Deathsangel--

--The Deathsangel--

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:55 PM

Checked, I am using IE 8, but can't log in.
Just noticed that the I do see like 3 mm, of black on top of my page where there are some hints of clickable blue letters... is the topdown menu sliding behind the internet page perhaps?? I am no expert on site construction.

#55 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:22 PM

A number of things have been confirmed as not working with Internet Explorer 6 (and some with IE8 I believe), so the best I can offer is to suggest switching browsers. If I could make it compatible I would, but right now it simply isn't possible. Sorry, guys.

#56 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:21 AM

Just a reminder that the "download link" threads in the various mod forums still point to the general download manager page and not the specific mod.

#57 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

The "visit support topic" links in the download manager all appear to be broken, using the older index.php?showtopic=X format.

When trying to visit these pages, you get an error message instead: [#10342] We could not determine which forum this topic is in.

#58 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:54 PM

For 2 days now I have been getting this error when trying to search here.

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Just thought I would report it.

#59 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

For 2 days now I have been getting this error when trying to search here.
Just thought I would report it.

Yeah, the Search function has been broken from the start. Any news on that?

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#60 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:41 AM

Not at the moment; it's a pretty big job to search through and find out what's wrong, and someone as technically incompetent as myself can't do that. It has to wait until SConrad has time to check it out, and his work schedule is at the moment insane (ie. he's working through weekends and every night after finishing work).