6 replies to this topic

#1 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

Version beta 0.3

• BG2EE is now supported,
  • new psionic powers: Stygian Conflagration, Mind Shield, Personal Dispelling Buffer,
  • Summon Planar Ally no longer crashes the game,
  • should be compatible with Geomantic Sorcerer kit,
  • psions casting time will now decrease by 1 at levels 7/11/15
  • at psion levels 5/9/13/17 a penalty of -1 will be imposed to victim's saving throws
  • other changes.

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

This is a lot too late for the v0.3, but... Have you tested this with the BGT-weidu as of late ? As there's a chance that the character dies at the very start of the adventures(in both BG1 and BG2:SoA) because it's level is drained by multiple effects, which cumulatively put it at levels below zero, with results in instant death.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:18 AM

This is the third time BGT brakes my mod. :crying:

At character creation psion is at level 0, so draining just one level will kill him/her. I'll se what I can do about it, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

This is the third time BGT brakes my mod. :crying:
At character creation psion is at level 0, so draining just one level will kill him/her. I'll se what I can do about it, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Yep, the approach I would suggest is; instead of making the kit ability to set the kitted characters level to zero, is to make the ability to summon an invisible creature that helps by setting the level to zero after the cut scenes have happened. I can try to help with this by supplying the creature and the spell that summons it, so you need to just find the right trigger to set the script to work with the BGT. As i think the -
IF
  AreaCheck("AR0602")
  Global("MoveScreen","AR0602",1)
plah
THEN
plah

- won't work, with the new BGT -> BG2 level mechanism as you probably can move the screen as you need to level up to the level 1 in the screen.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

I investigated it last weak, but forgot to post my findings, sorry.

I have one good news and two bad. The good news is that it is not bgt that causes negative levels and insta death at game start. The bad news is I don't know what was the cause. If anyone experience the same bug please let me know.

The other bad news is that there is a bug with character creation in soa part of the game and new characters will be forever stuck in the dungeon. Fix however seems to be easy, I will just have to update my scripts. Starting a new bg1 or tob game works fine.

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:16 AM

Thrying to install on BG:EE:

http://screenshooter...2150305/jgalugj

hw-bawenjtsedjbhgwnsddl.jpg

#7 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

Thrying to install on BG:EE:

http://screenshooter...2150305/jgalugj

hw-bawenjtsedjbhgwnsddl.jpg

This is (unfortunately) a known bug with  version 1.2 of BGEE and kit mods, there is nothing I can do about it. You can try looking for help from the beamdog team at the bgee official forums, but I'm not sure if anything other than a new bgee patch could fix it. :crying: