BGT:EE

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#41 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:17 AM

I finally managed to install EET with the currently supported mods for both parts.

Also converted SandrahNPC for chapter 1 + 2 to EET to give it a try.

Question1 - it the movement speed (everybody seems to wear boots of speed) a feature of EE or EET or a bug?

Edited by Roxanne, 22 December 2015 - 11:38 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#42 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:44 PM

Question1 - it the movement speed (everybody seems to wear boots of speed) a feature of EE or EET or a bug?

Open "Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/Baldur.ini" file and check if this line has higher value:

'Program Options',    'Maximum Frame Rate',    '30',

If yes than change it to 30 , as it's a default game speed that should work exactly the same as vanilla engine.

Edited by K4thos, 22 December 2015 - 12:46 PM.

#43 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:46 PM

Started the EET game all BGxxxx tis files for night seem to be corrupted.

I checked the originating BGEE tis files and they are ok,

The problem must have occured during EET conversion.

I simply copied the tis files from BGEE to BG2EE with the new BGxxxx names and this works.

Edited by Roxanne, 22 December 2015 - 12:56 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#44 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:51 PM

Open "Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/Baldur.ini" file and check if this line has higher value:

'Program Options',    'Maximum Frame Rate',    '30',

If yes than change it to 30 , as it's a default game speed that should work exactly the same as vanilla engine.

Thanks - yes it was 45 and 30 slows it. Does the game do it automatically (it looks like it read grahic card info and did all the settings on its own?)

The Sandrah Saga

#45 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

Thanks - yes it was 45 and 30 slows it. Does the game do it automatically (it looks like it read grahic card info and did all the settings on its own?)

it's 30 by default. Shouldn't change on it's own. Maybe you've installed "EET tweaks" component "Adjust FPS and fix audio skipping in cutscenes"? Check the weidu.log. If yes than uninstall it as it also patches cutscene scripts to make them work better with changed FPS.

Edited by K4thos, 22 December 2015 - 01:34 PM.

#46 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:37 PM

it's 30 by default. Shouldn't change on it's own. Maybe you've installed "EET tweaks" component "Adjust FPS and fix audio skipping in cutscenes"? Check the weidu.log. If yes than uninstall it as it also patches cutscene scripts to make them work better with changed FPS.

No, it is not installed

The Sandrah Saga

#47 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

Is there any manual available for this??

EET_modConverter tool.

Also struggling with this problem http://www.shsforums...e-3#entry583976

The Sandrah Saga

#48 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:32 PM

I simply copied the tis files from BGEE to BG2EE with the new BGxxxx names and this works.

dunno, works fine for me:

http://i.imgur.com/1kt63kA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QXVM6u7.jpg

None of the beta testers reported any issues with them. Problem with tis2bg2 tool conversion on your computer would be my guess, although strange that it only happened with night versions and not day ones.

EET_modConverter tool.

nope, not yet. Check EET/other/info.txt for some brief explanation what it does. The purpose of it is also mentioned in Developer’s Documentation, but there is no detailed documentation for now.

Edited by K4thos, 22 December 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#49 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

dunno, works fine for me:

http://i.imgur.com/1kt63kA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QXVM6u7.jpg

None of the beta testers reported any issues with them. Problem with tis2bg2 tool conversion on your computer would be my guess, although strange that it only happened with night versions and not day ones.

I have windows 10 64bit version , nothing strange - also, it looks like no conversion is actually required as exporting the Tis ARxxxxN with NI to BG2EE override as BGxxxxN does the trick,

(Tried to attach EET debug but SHS broken upload system again refuses, old Error No file was selected for upload)

EET_modConverter tool.

nope, not yet. Check EET/other/info.txt for some brief explanation what it does. The purpose of it is also mentioned in Developer’s Documentation, but there is no detailed documentation for now.

Yes, I saw this - it seems to provide what I need but I cannot figure out which settings I need for my purpose (Mod written for BGT, conversion needed for area references, cre and dlg files and tp2 for its BG1 part, also hundreds of CHAIN references in dlg files to altered BG dlg-files.)

I have done this manually for contents between Candlekeep and Friendly Arm (lot of work) and the mod runs well in EET, so this is promissing, but of course impossible to do manually for the whole game.

The Sandrah Saga

#50 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:30 PM

I have windows 10 64bit version , nothing strange - also, it looks like no conversion is actually required as exporting the Tis ARxxxxN with NI to BG2EE override as BGxxxxN does the trick,

(Tried to attach EET debug but SHS broken upload system again refuses, old Error No file was selected for upload)

Well, of course we could upload pre-made TIS files instead of converting them on the fly, but that would add 2.28 GB (less if packed back into PVRZ format) to the mod size, which would be ridicules. If someone else confirm that there is a problem with converting night tilesets than uploading those few problematic files may be needed, though.

More information why this conversion is even needed can be found here: https://forums.beamd...h-weird-overlay

Maybe the 1.4 patch will solve the incompatibility between TIS formats, if Beamdog finally add support for both stencil and dithered water to the engine. We will see.

I have windows 10 64bit version

me too. Also tested on windows 7 and 8.1.

Yes, I saw this - it seems to provide what I need but I cannot figure out which settings I need for my purpose (Mod written for BGT, conversion needed for area references, cre and dlg files and tp2 for its BG1 part, also hundreds of CHAIN references in dlg files to altered BG dlg-files.)

I have done this manually for contents between Candlekeep and Friendly Arm (lot of work) and the mod runs well in EET, so this is promissing, but of course impossible to do manually for the whole game.

I will send you a PM regarding it.

Edited by K4thos, 22 December 2015 - 03:37 PM.

#51 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:58 PM

Well, of course we could upload pre-made TIS files instead of converting them on the fly, but that would add 2.28 GB (less if packed back into PVRZ format) to the mod size, which would be ridicules. If someone else confirm that there is a problem with converting night tilesets than uploading those few problematic files may be needed, though.

More information why this conversion is even needed can be found here: https://forums.beamd...h-weird-overlay

Maybe the 1.4 patch will solve the incompatibility between TIS formats, if Beamdog finally add support for both stencil and dithered water to the engine. We will see.

I have windows 10 64bit version

me too. Also tested on windows 7 and 8.1.

Seems to be a local problem then, and I will work around for this installation. I assume I will do regular EET installs in the future as updates appear and monitor if this happens again.

I will send you a PM regarding it.

Edited by Roxanne, 22 December 2015 - 09:59 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#52 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:07 PM

A question regarding file:EET/docs/BG1%20reference%20table.htm

It does not yet have DSotSC area references - anyway I have included DSotSC into my current EET install and ended with

ARCxxx for the areas of the first 4 quests

ARRxxx for the underground labyrith

Are those new area names stable, so that I may include them in my revised mod for the additions I make here?

(PS - those areas appear without the BG1Area flag still - I know the EET version is not yet complete)

Edited by Roxanne, 26 December 2015 - 02:09 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#53 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:15 PM

(PS - those areas appear without the BG1Area flag still - I know the EET version is not yet complete)

yeah, the mod hasn't been updated for a while. What it needs is finishing updated item descriptions (TRA files) and it will be ready for testing. The problem is that it's like the most boring task that you could imagine, so I've put it on hold for now. These areas indeed will be flagged as "BG1Area". The flag didn't exist the last time I've been working on DSotSC.

It does not yet have DSotSC area references - anyway I have included DSotSC into my current EET install and ended with

Are those new area names stable, so that I may include them in my revised mod for the additions I make here?

These areas won't be referenced in that file because DSotSC is unrelated to EET. The mod linked by ALIEN is a simple update for BGT version to also support EET, rebalance all NPCs and items, internalize known bugfixes, externalize some content to separate components, modernize tp2 code and implement some improvements from the BG:EE version of the mod released by COM_Solufein (just few icons, updated item lore, 1 new area). Area names are the same as they were in old version hosted on SHS. Not sure where you got those ARCxxx and ARRxxx prefixes - DSotSC for BGT always used DSC prefix.

Edited by K4thos, 26 December 2015 - 04:30 PM.

#54 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:03 PM

yeah, the mod hasn't been updated for a while. What it needs is finishing updated item descriptions (TRA files) and it will be ready for testing. The problem is that it's like the most boring task that you could imagine, so I've put it on hold for now. These areas indeed will be flagged as "BG1Area". The flag didn't exist the last time I've been working on DSotSC.

These areas won't be referenced in that file because DSotSC is unrelated to EET. The mod linked by ALIEN is a simple update for BGT version to also support EET, rebalance all NPCs and items, internalize known bugfixes, externalize some content to separate components, modernize tp2 code and implement some improvements from the BG:EE version of the mod released by COM_Solufein (just few icons, updated item lore, 1 new area). Area names are the same as they were in old version hosted on SHS. Not sure where you got those ARCxxx and ARRxxx prefixes - DSotSC for BGT always used DSC prefix.

Thank you, I will use this one for testing then. missing item descriptions are no issue at this stage.

I had a version that BWS has auto-downloaded, this may need to be revised for an *official* BWS-EET selection

Edited by Roxanne, 26 December 2015 - 10:05 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#55 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:22 PM

K4thos hasn't created a GitHub 'release' version of his DSotSC fork yet.  Once that happens we can bring it into BWS for EET.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#56 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:21 AM

K4thos hasn't created a GitHub 'release' version of his DSotSC fork yet.  Once that happens we can bring it into BWS for EET.

Yes, I am aware that I am experimenting here on my own - so no complaint. The BWS for EET (inoffivcial) currently uses the standard settings for the separated games and downloads stuff that is not compliant for EET, this will change, of course.

The Sandrah Saga

#57 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:59 AM

Is there already available - or planned for - any Ascencion component for EET?

May it be possible to use Ascension for BP (BG2EE Version)?

Edited by Roxanne, 28 December 2015 - 05:04 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#58 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:23 AM

the only one compatible with BG2:EE is this version. And it's already compatible with EET.

not sure what version you are referring to. As far as I know Big Picture version of Ascension was never really compatible with BG2:EE. Some people tried it before but reported issues when installed on BG2:EE.

What is wrong with the new Ascension beta?

#59 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:28 AM

the only one compatible with BG2:EE is this version. And it's already compatible with EET.

not sure what version you are referring to. As far as I know Big Picture version of Ascension was never really compatible with BG2:EE. Some people tried it before but reported issues when installed on BG2:EE.

What is wrong with the new Ascension beta?

I have no idea what new Ascension beta does - like all your links to beamdog just none of those files can be downloaded. There are just images of the files no download links.

Edited by Roxanne, 28 December 2015 - 05:29 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#60 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:32 AM

You need a Beamdog forum login to download files from the forum.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip