Photo

custom font - need some help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Delfosse

Delfosse
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

Hi! I'm interested in making a mod for a custom font for BG2EE. Putting "normal.bam" in the override folder doesn't work anymore, so I'm looking for a new way.

In baldur.ini there are interesting lines

'Fonts', 'ko_KR', 'UNBOM',
'Fonts', 'zh_CN', 'SIMSUN',
'Fonts', 'ja_JP', 'MSGOTHIC',
'Fonts', 'ru_RU', 'PERMIAN',
'Fonts', 'uk_UA', 'PERMIAN',

In the multi-language version of the game, there are files such as ...... Gate Enhanced Edition/lang/ja_JP/fonts/MSGOTHIC.bmp (4.0M)

Unfortunately I don't have a multi-language version.

Adding a line to baldur.ini     'Fonts',    'en_US',    'TEST',   does the trick in changing the font the game uses. I made an empty file and put it in /lang/en_US/fonts/TEST.bmp and it changed all the letters to empty spaces in game. So this does work. Unfortunately I can't imagine what the proper structure of such a bmp file should be. Does anyone have a multi-language version? I need to take a look at those .bmp files.

Edited by Delfosse, 02 December 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

There's 4 languages that use a different than the usual .bam file at the language... and here they are in a 7.6 Mb .rar pack. Those include the dialog.tlk's too.

PS, Could you post when you have downloaded that so I can remove the file ? ... just do

Edited by The Imp, 02 December 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Delfosse

Delfosse
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Downloaded it, thanks!