Photo

[GRAPHICS] Male Calashite Air Gensai Portrait

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Twani

Twani
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

To summarize: I need a man with elvish background with dark skin and white hair, but not a drow.  To go in more detail: tada, below!

1. Are you looking for original art, photoshopped art or a portrait edit?

I care not, though I have had notable difficulty finding a piece of art to even photoshop.  If you can find one with the right colors or have skill with changing them, go for it.  This character does appear in BG1 and I plan to continue him to BG2, so a portrait edit can't look *too* much like the already there NPCs to prevent confusion.  Honestly, though, while I'd like to have a portrait at least resembling the BG2 portraits, this request is difficult enough that I'm honestly fine with whatever style it is as long as you can get the 3/4 answers lined up.

2. Male or female? What race, age and character class, possibly alignment?

Male, Air Gensai with a bit of elvish blood... but from Calimshan.  He's a cleric/ranger, CG.

3. Describe the character's features (face, eyes, hair, clothing, etc)

With both the gensai and the elvish blood, his features should be a bit delicate, though he's not effeminate.  Jaheria's half-elf features are a good example: not quite the same tilt to the eyes as Aerie/Viconia have, but still a bit more angled then the humans.  His hair is shorter then most of the BG2 males wear theirs (a bit past the ears, perhaps, or just above it), but rather messy (if you can't do messy, just have a few strands hanging over his eyes).  He should be wearing leather, studded leather, or chain- whatever is easiest for you.  If you have the skill, putting a cloak on him would be good.

4. What color preferences do you have (skin, eyes, hair, armor, clothing, etc)?

This is the hard part.  His skin is dark- Valygar's shade, if not a bit darker.  His eyes are dark brown.  His hair, though, is white.  The armor, if leather, should be dyed black... chain should probably be dyed black, too, but I know that's a bit harder to do.  If you managed to fit in the cloak, it would be a dark purple.

5. Would you like a weapon, a spell effect or an item to be shown in the portrait? If so, what kind?

If you really want to try and put flail or sling in the portrait, go for it, but I'm not really going to ask for something so complicated. :)

6. What kind of a background would you like?

Not all that important to me.  If you can, an open sky in the background would be nice- blue with clouds- but I don't care if you just put in a blur or have no background as long as you can get the NPC looking halfway like I described him. ;;

7. What kind of an expression would you like the character to have? Dangerous, happy, serene, mysterious, playful, sad, etc etc?

Flighty and thoughtful are both words you'd use to describe him.  So just having him look pretty neutral while staring in the distance, or perhaps having him look ponderous is fine.  He shouldn't be scowling, but he shouldn't really be beaming, either.

8. Do you have a portrait you would like to be used as a model/reference picture (for pose, expression, looks, colors, etc...)? Post it here if you have!

I'm afraid I don't.

9. Should the artist post the portrait here, or PM or email it to you?

Any of the three methods would be fine.

10. Any deadlines?

This is a busy season, so no.  I'll likely be working on this mod for another month or two, at least: I just wanted to get the portrait request out soon, so it can be done.  I mean, obviously I'd prefer it as soon as possible, but at the same time, no rush.

11. What game and what mod is this for?

Currently a BGEE/Tutu/BGT mod, though I have plans to take the character in to BG2.  As for mod?  Er... my mod, I suppose.  I don't have a forum or anything yet, but I can promise that the mod will be done and you will of course be credited.  I don't give up on projects once I start them.  >.>

12. Anything else you'd like to mention?

I really appreciate anyone taking a try on this.  Thank you!

#2 Twani

Twani
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

Um, as no one has showed interest in this... I went looking through the NWN portraits, and found this halfling.

If someone could turn the dreads from black to white, erase the bit of stubble, and perhaps angle the eyes a bit (and if you really want to, dye the armor and get rid of the ugly circulet), I think this picture would work for this.  Halflings and half-elves actually look sort of alike when you can't check out their height.  Unfortunately, I'm, well, really bad at this.  My attempts at turning the hair white turned it in to a gray unidentifiable blob of death.  It was horrible.

I'd really appreciate anyone giving it a try, or trying with another image that appeals.  Whatever works.

Thank you so much.

Attached Images

• halflingahwell.jpg

#3 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

That portrait is also used as the base for Mur'Neth's portrait.

#4 Twani

Twani
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Darn it.  Now I remember where I've seen that portrait before.  I suppose that wouldn't work... no one wants two mods using the same portrait.   Would get a might confusing.

I suppose also from NWN, this human might be a possibility.  The hair still needs changed to white, the moustache needs to go, the armor needs changed to not be full plate (technically, while in game you can equip a cleric/ranger with whatever the hell you want, in practice priests of Shaundakul aren't supposed to wear armor anything heavier then chain), and the features could use a bit of elven-ation... but it would at least be a start, if anyone wants to try on it.

Attached File  huM17L.bmp   202.49K   606 downloads