Question on modularity

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 -CBad3115-

-CBad3115-

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

Hi, I'm new to atweaks, but I can tell you guys have done mountains of work; and it seems pretty great except I'm not sure if I want every single change that comes with the installation. Is atweaks all or nothing or can you select which changes will take effect?  My only real beef with "bg2 ee" is that mind flayers insta-kill mordenkainen's sword and skeletons which is utterly stupid, and as far as I can tell yours is the only mod out there making that fix

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hi, I'm new to atweaks, but I can tell you guys have done mountains of work; and it seems pretty great except I'm not sure if I want every single change that comes with the installation. Is atweaks all or nothing or can you select which changes will take effect?  My only real beef with "bg2 ee" is that mind flayers insta-kill mordenkainen's sword and skeletons which is utterly stupid, and as far as I can tell yours is the only mod out there making that fix
The components can be separately installed, a few are grouped, but all in all there's about 50 components...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

Unless otherwise noted, each component can be installed independently of the others.

#4 -CBad3115-

-CBad3115-

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Cheers!

#5 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

Congratulations on the new release. And a question - is there an easy way to make summoned Elementals viable to instakill via Death Spell? What bothers me with this component is that SCS AI wastes their anti-summon spells on creatures immune to this effect.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:21 AM

Congratulations on the new release. And a question - is there an easy way to make summoned Elementals viable to instakill via Death Spell? What bothers me with this component is that SCS AI wastes their anti-summon spells on creatures immune to this effect.

As always. did you install the aTweaks after the SCS ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

As always. did you install the aTweaks after the SCS ?

Yes.

#8 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

I would surmise that aVENGER's intent was that, like other planar creatures, elementals are "gated" (i.e., gender is not SUMMONED). The fix on SCS' part would be to only use summon-slaying stuff on creatures of the right gender.

If you want to revert elementals to being killed by Death Spell et al., you can change their gender to 6 (SUMMONED) (or 20 if you use SimDing0's summoning-cap tweak).

Actually, the summoned elementals are still SUMMONED (and they are not immune to Death Spell or instant death). Which exact creatures are you having this problem with?

Edited by Wisp, 15 April 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#9 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

Actually, the summoned elementals are still SUMMONED (and they are not immune to Death Spell or instant death). Which exact creatures are you having this problem with?

I just tested it. Druid's Fire Elementals are immune, as are sorcerer's version of Air Elemental. Setup is BG2:EE, RR/SCS28/aTweaks.

P.S. I understand about "gated" vs "summoned", it's just that I like AI to function w/o such glitches. I don't know about instant death effects, but either Death Spell is misfunctioning suddenly (I doubt it since I get same behaviour on BGT install) or they're indeed immune.

#10 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

Ok, I found out what makes them immune. RR#ETRAI.itm has a "Protection from spell - Death Spell" property, so even if their gender is SUMMONED they are not affected by it.

#11 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Ok, I found out what makes them immune. RR#ETRAI.itm has a "Protection from spell - Death Spell" property, so even if their gender is SUMMONED they are not affected by it.

Oh, the generic extraplanar traits include immunity to death magic, and summoned elementals are not differentiated. Will fix.