BWPv14

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#41 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

That's what it says in bgt/help/[english]postinstall.htm about BGTMusic:

Install none: No Baldur’s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast music will be heard in the corresponding portion of the game. The music heard during Baldur’s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast will sound inappropriate.

So BGTMusic should be installed.

TobEx replaces BGTMusic patch from this component:

Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe)

Corresponding code from Setup-BGTMusic.tp2 you can see here.

Install a minimal version with BGTMusic patch from latest Fixpack and with latest version of WeiDU, and music plays in the problem location is correct. The rest locations are not tested.

Spoiler

#42 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

In addition to what Quiet said above:

BGTMusic's EXE patching code is skipped during install IF ToBEx is installed - and because ToBEx is the first mod in a BWP Install order, BGTMusic only adds the music to SONGLIST.2DA and patches the areas :)

Hence, in my humble opinion, install BGTMusic - it is intelligent enough that it detects ToBEx and does its magic without borking up the install order :cheers:

@EricP: Sorry :crying:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#43 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

I hope v14.0.2 is okay now.

#44 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

BWP Installpack v14.0.3 should install Drizzt Saga v3 properly. Not tested.

#45 drakonnus

drakonnus
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

Big world install isn't finding Jedi & Sith, its giving a error "Sith" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

#46 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

BiG World Installpack (the batch file) installs it fine.

#47 phillon

phillon
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

Leonardo, I just want to chime in here and give a massive thank you to you for all the effort that have and continue to put into this project. It is tremendously appreciated. Keep doing what you are doing man, there are peeps out there like me that just worship BG (and the IE games) and gain so much from what you do. So yeah, just a massive thank you.

#48 drakonnus

drakonnus
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

BWI threw an error during the BGT tweaks install, more precisely the "enemy items shatter" component

Attached Files

#49 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

BWP v14.1 is out. Nothing spectacular, only some corrections.

#50 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

Hi, this is my first post on these forums. And as you may guess, I have a problem with BWP.

When I run BiG World Install.bat, it gives me this:

Error-BG2Fixpackmissing.jpg

Naturally, I have the files as seen below:

cat.jpg

I went through several online guides, I reinstalled everything, I tried an earlier version of the BiG World Install.bat, I believe I did everything within reasonable limits to solve the problem on my own. YET NOTHING WORKS.

Please tell me if you have any insight on what could be wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

#51 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

You are confounding „BiG World Fixpack“ with „BG2 Fixpack“. You need both of them. Get it here: http://forums.gibber...oads&showcat=36

#52 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for the quick response, Leonardo!

Oh damn, I messed up; I really shouldn't write posts right before going to classes. I circled the wrong file, sorry about that.

However, I also have the one you mentioned:

cat2-1.jpg

Yet it's not being detected by the installer.

So I still have the problem. Any further help would be appreciated!

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

#53 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

It needs to be extracted... as that file is a self extracting archive, as are all the other .exe's from Alternatives-v10.exe to Sellswords_v3.exe, well except the perhaps the glsetup.exe & BGConfig.exe & bgsxtest.exe & bggltest.exe & BGMain.exe & CharView.exe & mplaynow.exe  files in the picture... you might have wanted to use the BWS to skip all this extraction process.

Edited by The Imp, 05 March 2014 - 04:59 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#54 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

It needs to be extracted... as that file is a self extracting archive, as are all the other .exe's from Alternatives-v10.exe to Sellswords_v3.exe, well except the perhaps the glsetup.exe & BGConfig.exe & bgsxtest.exe & bggltest.exe & BGMain.exe & CharView.exe & mplaynow.exe  files in the picture... you might have wanted to use the BWS to skip all this extraction process.

Thanks! All right, I'll try this, although I'll be away for a few days. Expect me to return here, crying, around Sunday. XD

#55 lronic

lronic
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

hi :

im having problems downloading this mods i cant find them anywhere...

Anishai One-Day NPC: The Mod itself (anishainpc_v1.5.rar)
Difficulty and Tweak mod: The Mod itself (Diff_Tweak.exe)
Macholy's Living-Mod: The Mod itself (NML-V0.6.zip)
Multi-Install Tool: The Mod itself (MultiInstallTool-5.1.10.jar.7z)
Baldur's Gate Trilogy Graphics Overhaul: The Mod itself (bgtgraphics14.rar)

3gibberlings doesnt let me download them even do i registered in the forums plz halp!

ty for ur time.

#56 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

ty for ur time.

You don't need any of them... they are optional mods, and most of those are purposefully removed from the former download sites. The Multi-install tool is here, warning that's a direct download link from a post a bit ago, of the actual .jar file ...

Edited by The Imp, 07 March 2014 - 10:44 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#57 lronic

lronic
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

ty for ur time.

You don't need any of them... they are optional mods, and most of those are purposefully removed from the former download sites. The Multi-install tool is here, warning that's a direct download link from a post a bit ago, of the actual .jar file ...

TY!

#58 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Thanks, it helped! I would normally do so myself, but every single guideline I read said "do not install anything whatever happens", so I thought I would be wrong...

Well, I can't say I got far anyway, since the game kept crashing when leaving the map with Gorion's body (I think that's where the world map appears; I haven't really played BG before). I used the Standard package. I reinstalled everything with Recommended package, half of the mods couldn't install anyway (even those that worked before, like Infinity Animations or the BGTNeJ2), so I'll keep trying.

The bottom line is, while the BWP is a tremendous help and an impressive piece of work, it's still a little too advanced due to sheer complexity (so you can't really control the process without becoming some sort of a modder hermit first). A far superior idea would be to distribute BWP (or any other megamod compilation) as one unofficial add-on, I mean with all files and other content functioning as one big mod. Sure, you'd lose the optionality, but I'd still take it over the process as it is now.

#59 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

Won't happen, as you don't get 500 mods and a vast amount of modders under one hood.
By the way: The Installpack also contains batches to help with extraction.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#60 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

The bottom line is, while the BWP is a tremendous help and an impressive piece of work, it's still a little too advanced due to sheer complexity (so you can't really control the process without becoming some sort of a modder hermit first). A far superior idea would be to distribute BWP (or any other megamod compilation) as one unofficial add-on, I mean with all files and other content functioning as one big mod. Sure, you'd lose the optionality, but I'd still take it over the process as it is now.

Why aren't you using the BWS ? It's more updated and can do all things better than the BWP.

But the thing with your model, that's really bad is that as there's countless of possible variations, well actually the number is 1749 factorial, which is a humongous number... as in: What if I don't want the Z mod ? Yes, the BWP has 1749 components, and weather or you don't install the component gives you a factorial of that number of possibilities, as a reference the 1!=1, 2!=2, 3!=6, 4!=24, 5!=120... 9!=362880...

Edited by The Imp, 11 March 2014 - 10:12 AM.